Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Is Why We Need 1St Person Optional Mode

Doughalo2

Adding first person isn't as simple as sticking the camera in your face. Everything has to be made proportional to you, including the naps, items, enemies and basically everything else. Ask for a change to the shoulders, not FP view.

Personally, i would like to see a hybrid system, which uses first person while aiming and third person at the rest.

Wait are they blocking the guns from shooting or blocking you from seeing them outright?

Also, DE has stated they have no plans for a 1st person mode at all in the future.

Just because stated it, doesn't make it impossible...

Yes, its unlikely, but not impossible.

From all I've noted, the main problem are the guns textures, and that making them better for first person would be too much work.

First person is sorta' already in the game, it's just not very pretty with stuff clipping all over the place. :p

D04D770889247A2134A13D668E39B277E9FB05CB

44CE8146DFE60712F2E335E6728F88E611876DDD

Yes it's an old bug, but still fun when it happens. :)

Edited by Ahcruna

Adding first person isn't as simple as sticking the camera in your face. Everything has to be made proportional to you, including the naps, items, enemies and basically everything else. Ask for a change to the shoulders, not FP view.

actually the glitch that puts you in first person, shows that it's almost as simple as moving the camera. Seriously it seems perfectly do-able. Do I think they should drop everything and do it? No, but I feel when they have more time they should look into it. And remember, they also said PvP wasnt going to happen either.

How would DE convey a backflip in first person? A forward roll? how do you time your wall run flips when all you see is wall? Does the warframe break it neck to allow you to see behind it?

FPS in gaming incurs a massive hit to peripheral vision.

If a FPS viewpoint was added, it would be sub-par and of very poor quality....which begs the question: why add it at all if it's going to be half arsed? :/

actually the glitch that puts you in first person, shows that it's almost as simple as moving the camera. Seriously it seems perfectly do-able. Do I think they should drop everything and do it? No, but I feel when they have more time they should look into it. And remember, they also said PvP wasnt going to happen either.

How would DE convey a backflip in first person? A forward roll? how do you time your wall run flips when all you see is wall? Does the warframe break it neck to allow you to see behind it?

If a FPS viewpoint was added, it would be sub-par and of very poor quality....which begs the question: why add it at all if it's going to be half arsed? :/

Simple. Do what most FPS's do and have the camera move in a silly way that resembles a person doing a forward roll but don't have it change direction.

Also, as it was stated. there's already a glitch that puts you in first person.

This all said, I don't think we need first person. This ain't a FPS kinda game...

Okay, let's pretend for a second that you're right, and that DE moves the camera.

Everytime you move, you'd see some type of clipping from your frames' movement.

Your parkour would go from barely doable -> nearly impossible, because of the way WF's current parkour works.

Animations ie. stealth kills would be instantly wonky.

DE would have to make first person textures for every gun (of course, unless you'd like to see your gun clipping into a wall/enemy/whatever in first person).

Visual debuffs would be the most annoying thing in the world from first person.

Oh yeah, and let's not forget that WF's current camera is free movement. It's not based on the frame, it's based on your own movement. (unless you're aiming and/or using a directional skill). If all they did was replace the camera, then we could be owls and turn our eyes 360 degrees without actually moving our head. That's not really something an FPS is meant to do.

Point is, it's not as simple as moving the camera.

It is doable, sure, but it's alot of effort for a small feature. And it's not as simple as "moving the camera".

Besides, WF isn't really the type of game you play in first person.

./endrant

Edited by Ordel

It's surprisingly playable when that bug pops up actually. the camera doesn't flip out when you do rolls or back-flips. The only major issue is that when it goes to first person mode, the cosmetic armours and some helmets clip in to the screen. (like you can see on the first screenshot I posted)

The only other thing would be, if you go in to an idle animation you can circle the camera and that just makes you clip through the whole frame you are using. other then that the game is playable and very fun in FPS mode. :p

makes it feel like a dev test mode

I could get behind this.

Right on.

Most of the difficulty with converting warframe to first person view is relate to all of the acrobatic movement.

In ADS mode we can't do those fancy moves anyway or it knocks us out of it.

Also we already have weapons that zoom in during ads...

it seems like the right solution for those pesky shoulder-pad-blocking-our-view issues.

Okay, let's pretend for a second that you're right, and that DE moves the camera.

Everytime you move, you'd see some type of clipping from your frames' movement.

Your parkour would go from barely doable -> nearly impossible, because of the way WF's current parkour works.

Animations ie. stealth kills would be instantly wonky.

DE would have to make first person textures for every gun (of course, unless you'd like to see your gun clipping into a wall/enemy/whatever in first person).

Visual debuffs would be the most annoying thing in the world from first person.

Oh yeah, and let's not forget that WF's current camera is free movement. It's not based on the frame, it's based on your own movement. (unless you're aiming and/or using a directional skill). If all they did was replace the camera, then we could be owls and turn our eyes 360 degrees without actually moving our head. That's not really something an FPS is meant to do.

Point is, it's not as simple as moving the camera.

It is doable, sure, but it's alot of effort for a small feature. And it's not as simple as "moving the camera".

Besides, WF isn't really the type of game you play in first person.

./endrant

actually no. it would just need to make specific thing be invisible from the inside. Like the glitch with the Karak Wraith that you could only see the tape dangly from one side. Next with the first person glitch its clear that they wont have to optimize the looks of guns to fit with the PoV seeing as the guns are already VERY detailed anyway. Next Parkour would be simply having the camera follow the croshair and would probably look like Mirrors Edge. and with rolls and such, as stated above the camera would just remain level with the ground.

I never said it would be easy to do. But with the First Person glitch it is clear that with some polish and time, it is as simple as moving the camera. this is simple realistic thinking. 

Edited by Senketsu_

:/ Sounds to me like a lot of effort for next to nothing of value to WF. I mean really, what would it actually add? Why not simply not use armor pieces that annoy you by getting "ïn your way"? Seems like a far more sensible solution then to add to DE workload for a superfluous feature that has no practical benefits.

If someone is worried about "stuff" blocking their view, playing a third person game seems kinda odd to begin with. Since that's the entire point, of being able to see you char and cosmetic stuff. I could understand it if it's suggested for a pvp oriented game, in order to avoid corner wars. But in the context of WF, I don't really see the point.