The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guides Of The Lotus ~ Program Launch Replies (Split From Original Faq)

LordOda

Question

I've been following the program quite extensively since I picked up playing again a few months ago; the Guides I've met are all lovely people, and it's great to see people taking their time out to help people like they do! It's great to see the program grow and in using applications over recommendations, particularly since it opens up the opportunity for some absolutely wonderful people who I know would've loved to become a Guide! I'm one of those people who'd love to become a part of the team, though I recognise my chances are probably fairly slim, so good luck to everyone who's applied! Looking forward to seeing some of you becoming Guides!

I wish to know this too, I believe it's after deadline though, too much waiting though

The deadline states October 19th right now I believe, just opened up again today. I just hope they tell you if you didn't make it that time around so you aren't left hanging.

Edited by Zinthir

Just wondering, how long does it take to receive notification? Are new guides added at the end of each application deadline or are they handled throughout the period.

We can consider the first application timeline to be a test. 

I do not expect to recruit any new Guides before the deadline closes. The program can only handle so many new Guides, we cannot accept them all. Time taken to review all submissions, discuss who we deem to be appropriate recruits, and deciding how much strain we feel can be handled within the current scope of our some 50 Guides is necessary before invitations are sent out.

I'm sure that when all considered applicants receive notice, this thread will be updated to reflect that information.

Is there any way to alter a submitted application? I meant to add Oceania to regions I go to on top of US west but I don't think I did. Not a huge deal anyways.

I'll make note of this for you, don't worry about submitting a second application.

I'll make note of this for you, don't worry about submitting a second application.

Thank you :)

This is for any guides out there, what it is like? Initially I believed it would be a system that assigned you to new players so you could aid them in their first few missions while you explained the game, but while writing my app it seemed that being a guide was more like an on-the-spot Q&A, your help relied on new players seeking you out, which looking into it seems to be the case.

I'd love to help new players however I can, I would just like to hear personal takes on it from more experienced people.

Edited by Zinthir

Thank you :)

This is for any guides out there, what it is like? Initially I believed it would be a system that assigned you to new players so you could aid them in their first few missions while you explained the game, but while writing my app it seemed that being a guide was more like an on-the-spot Q&A, your help relied on new players seeking you out, which looking into it seems to be the case.

I'd love to help new players however I can, I would just like to hear personal takes on it from more experienced people.

It's more akin to on-the-spot Q&A. Sit in chat channel (Relay/Region, typically. Sometimes Council, if you're eligible). Chat it up with folks. Take questions, if people ask any.