Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Passives

(PSN)VoiD_Glitch

Question

·       10% Faster Attack Rate + 10% Damage Buff

·       Passives apply to Long Swords, Dual Swords and Nikanas (only)

·       Passives are AUTOMATIC, not just active through Exalted Blade

·       Regardless of what weapon is equipped, Exalted Blade is treated as a LONG SWORD

·       Statistics of your melee weapon DO NOT carry over to Exalted Blade

·       Stance mods change NOTHING regarding Exalted Blade

·       Exalted Blade “Wave” damages are split EVENLY (33.33% Impact, Puncture and Slash)

·       “Lasting Sting” mod DOES NOT give the Radial Blind in Exalted Blade’s slide attack a longer duration

·       Kestrel’s Syndicate Mod DOES NOT affect the flight speed of Exalted Blade “Waves”

·       "Mini Radial Blind" has a SHORTER range and duration (6 seconds @ base) & is modified by duration mods

·       "Mini Radial Blind" DOES NOT open up enemies to finishers, just stealth damage multipliers

·       "Mini Radial Blind" is effected by POWER RANGE mods

·       "Mini Radial Blind" is NOT effected by MELEE RANGE mods

·       "Furious Javelin" augment mod affects BOTH melee and "Waves"

Excalibur’s go-to weapon would be any Long Sword, Dual Swords or Nikana with a Syndicate Effect because:

·       Passives only affect those types of weapons

·       Exalted Blade DOES NOT carry over statistics from other weapon (like Dakra Prime sporting higher base damage over Skana)

·       Exalted Blade DOES carry over mod effects (like Prisma Skana’s Syndicate Effect)

Gelkor’s uploads proves these statements as of the most recent update.

Edited by (PS4)VoiD_Glitch
Datamined info

This testing was done in [16.10.1] correct? Because my other friend is stating his information is from [16.9.4]

Yes. Though the actual changes to EB technically came on 16.10.0, this was tested on 16.10.1.  

A few other things in 16.10.1 that weren't in the original release or testing on 16.9.x: the Wave Blades are now split three ways between IPS just like the melee swings, as opposed to being 70% slash.

I suppose my only concern is that EB getting the 10% passive all the time may be a bug that they will patch out, my only reasoning that it may be intended is that it still works while entirely unarmed, implying that Exalted Blade (the weapon) itself qualifies for the passive

Edited by Gelkor

Yes. Though the actual changes to EB technically came on 16.10.0, this was tested on 16.10.1.  

A few other things in 16.10.1 that weren't in the original release or testing on 16.9.x: the Wave Blades are now split three ways between IPS just like the melee swings, as opposed to being 70% slash.

So 33.3% Impact, 33.3% Puncture, 33.3% Slash?

So 33.3% Impact, 33.3% Puncture, 33.3% Slash?

Yes, in the unarmed video you can see that even the Wave Blades themselves were dealing 288 damage against Ancient Healers, just like the melee.  If it was still 70% slash it should have been dealing 304 damage per wave.

Edited by Gelkor

Someone asked:

"I'd like to know if the kestrel's syndicate mod affects the flight speed of the energy beam slashes exalted blade shoots out."

Nope, tested against unmodded, Whirlwind, and Entropy Flight, note the travel time to the far pillar, the blades disappear at the same rate:

Edited by Gelkor

So to confirm - for EB exclusively, there is no longer any effect from weapon choice, except the availability of Syndicate mods? There is no difference between a Prisma Skana and a Dual Cleavers (other than the synd proc effect)?

So to confirm - for EB exclusively, there is no longer any effect from weapon choice, except the availability of Syndicate mods? There is no difference between a Prisma Skana and a Dual Cleavers (other than the synd proc effect)?

No difference As of 16.10.1, the passive matters for weapon choice out of EB, but in EB you get the 10% all the time now, even without a melee weapon equipped.

Edited by Gelkor

Gelkor, a new question.

mechanics of the freebie copter radial blind?

I've noticed it doesn't open enemies to finishers, and it might just be my imagination but it seems to be shorter duration and/or range, confirm/deny?

Is this freebie radial blind affected by frame mods in the normal fashion as well?

Does Furious Javelin augment dmg buff apply to e. blade? melee strikes as well as waves?

Has anyone checked if Total Eclipse or buff augments like Freeze Force work on it?

Gelkor, a new question.

mechanics of the freebie copter radial blind?

I've noticed it doesn't open enemies to finishers, and it might just be my imagination but it seems to be shorter duration and/or range, confirm/deny?

Is this freebie radial blind affected by frame mods in the normal fashion as well?

Does Furious Javelin augment dmg buff apply to e. blade? melee strikes as well as waves?

Has anyone checked if Total Eclipse or buff augments like Freeze Force work on it?

As far as the radial blind, I know it is intended to be a mini "radial blind" and does not open up to finishers, but does allow regular .  It has an intentionally shorter range and duration (base 6 second), though duration is affected by duration mods, I'm not sure if melee range mods or power range mods affect the range, I can test that. I'm fairly sure that the mini blind still allows for stealth damage modifiers, simply not melee finishers. Furious Javelin I know for sure affects the melee, I'll test the blade waves.

What does Natural Talent affect? Does it speed up finishers during his ult, perhaps?

No, it just affects the cast speed of Radial Blind (power) and Radial Javelin.  Appears to have no effect on SD nor EB (aside from possibly speeding up the "draw" animation when you initially cast EB)