Devstream #55 Overview

AM-Bunny

Gr73zcE.png

Parkour 2.0

• Coming U17

• Will take a lot of re-training of old habits

• Everything can be used to jump off of, much more free parkour

• Double jump is re-triggered each time a surface is hit

• Heavy landing and Rolling landing animations can be canceled by double-jumping before impact

• Parkour 2.0 does feel slower, but with more precision and control

• This will be much easier on controls for console players

• Coptoring looked absolutely worthless

• Click
to see a (long) pre-view of Parkour 2.0

Frost Re-Work Updates

• Coming along well, looking at around U17 for release

• Passive: There is a % chance when Frost is struck with melee that the attacker will be frozen

• Enemies frozen in midair will fall to the ground and be smashed to bits

• Snow Globe will now freeze all enemies in the vicinity and toss them outside the area on cast, potentially smashing them

• Click
to see Rebecca demoing the new Frost

Solar Map

• Very early stages

• Trying to make it more like Celestial Atlas, mapping out parts of the Solar system that the Tenno have defended

• There will be 5 areas, each area encompasses a group of planets, and representing something different with the lore (each represents the 5 Tenno clans, the names mirroring the polarities)

• New players will only be able to see the areas as they unlock them

• Click
to hear Steve talk about the re-work

c2b4dcd099efa98284e76628b04eae3b.jpg5a737daa3b7e17fc79b8421486779b83.jpg

Primed Pistol Gambit

• It is currently glitched

• The correct value is 17% per rank (is this a joke?)

• Will be a fixed in a coming hotfix

Shotguns Changes

• Keeping falloff damage, but will tweak the amount of falloff damage (will never fall below half base damage)

• Will double/triple dps of shotguns in their optimal damage zone

• Will ragdoll enemies up close

• Considering different colour reticle (or something else more friendly to colourblind players) to indicate when you are in optimal range

Draco Discussion

• Greedy Pull usage is 4x higher than any other power

• Considering changing Greedy Pull; possibly so that the items pulled only move for her, other players can't obtain

• Will never implement cooldown mechanics

Valkyr Pre-Corpus Skin

• Not sure on a release date

• Haven't seen much progress on it

Kubrow 

• Two armour sets coming in U17

• Can't confirm at this time that they are 100% cosmetic only

• The retriever breed coming is indeed a new Kubrow, not a Catbrow

1acb121645e73556a3f826b883b740b2.png048a1a4bf953afa917236e1d227d316e.png

Turrets

• Grineer Turret that are able to be hijacked

• Can launch deployable cover

• Click
to see Rebecca test the turret

J-3 Golem

• Aiming for 17.5 release

• One or more players may enter an orifice and fight J-3 from the inside, opening up a weakness, while a group of players outside fight the golem, keeping it busy and capitalizing on opened weaknesses

• There are several introductory stages that teach you the skills you'll need to defeat J-3, leading up to the final stage of the fight that you have to employ everything you've learned

• One or more of the stages are on foot, the final stage is Archwing

• Click
to see a brief teaser of J-3's final stage

App Update

• Pretty much everything you can see and do in the Liset will be accessible in some form in the app

• Will be supported on Android, Apple, and maybe Windows phone

• Click
to see Steve demoing the app

Other Stuff

• Yin Yang frame features heavy amounts of the new cloth physics

• Cloth physics will probably be applied to Frost and Trinity along with their PBR update, no ETA

• Recruitment will be opened officially for Guides of the Lotus, 10 people/month, stay tuned for FAQ that offers recruitment guidelines

• PS4 Theme was submitted for approval, but was rejected due to errors. Working on fixing them and re-submitting

• Mios is committed to 17.5

• Nunchakus, no ETA in sight

Edited by AM-Bunny

Shotguns Changes
• Keeping falloff damage, but will tweak the amount of falloff damage (will never fall below half base damage)
• Will double/triple dps of shotguns in their optimal damage zone
• Will ragdoll enemies up close
• Considering different colour reticle (or something else more friendly to colourblind players) to indicate when you are in optimal range

Ooh.

Very nice.

I don't plan on using the phone App, but that's a cool way to promote interconnectivity with the game and its community beyond just playing the game.
Edited by Noble_Cactus

I don't plan on using the phone App, but that's a cool way to promote interconnectivity with the game and its community beyond just playing the game.

It will certainly make managing Kubrows/Catbrows more convenient. Plus I might actually start using Extractors again. Also, they said at some point, clan chat will  be added, so that's good too. I'm looking forward to it, tbh, I hope it comes out soon. Looked like it was functioning well, just needed more UI passes.

He clearly said the entire thing is a work in progress. 

I know, but I cant help but wonder... is that sector division really needed? Aside from being an astetic/order thing he didnt say much as to why it was necessary, will it affect drops? Level?

As you said, its a WIP, I would have liked more details but it seems peoples' fear of the new Star-Chart are unfounded.

I know, but I cant help but wonder... is that sector division really needed? Aside from being an astetic/order thing he didnt say much as to why it was necessary, will it affect drops? Level?

As you said, its a WIP, I would have liked more details but it seems peoples' fear of the new Star-Chart are unfounded.

I think it might have more lore implications, since each represents a different Tenno clan. Since they mentioned 'secret work' is being done on Focus System, which also had to do with allegiances to Tenno clans, maybe each sector will serve as an HQ of sorts. Maybe it's one more click, but I love the idea that they're digging into the world a bit more.

Maybe they showed no nodes because there won't be any.....i know i know its still very alpha but maybe they are going to keep the idea of rng mission where say....earth on this day is...interception ....or jupiter is...capture.

Edited by thewikdone

I do hope that slide attacks have a bit more momentum than what we saw when she did one slide attack in the game, I'm not asking for a copter I'm just asking for for some slide distance to close the distance between me and an enemy when I am doing sword alone and still be able to hit them with tha slide attack

Love the idea of the new Star Map as well.

The Parkour 2.0 system is great but I'm not 100% sold on the wall run animation with the repeated bunny hopping. It looks...disjointed. I realize they have to smooth over tons of animations still but yeah...hope that stays similar to current wall run anims especially after that awesome Tombs of the Sentient trailer. 

That grineer cape too - woof. 

Biggest news I didn't expect? Frost/Trinity getting cloth mechanics so we don't have these awful lobster butt, etc things xD