Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #55 Overview

AM-Bunny

Parkour 2.0? Plz, more like Parkour 2.Slow. We need some sort of speed boost move to go from wall to wall (not saying they don't alreay have one).

My thoughts being, if you crouch-boost while doing a double jump, you should get a forward momentum boost. Or, perhaps we can use the air dodge mechanic forwards. We'll see when it comes out.

I would be okay with losing some speed if it just looked cool, but it doesn't really. I guess it looks cooler than coptoring.

Well even if Parkour 2.0 is slower (if the decide to change that, it would be much appreciated) it still gives a better feel of being a ninja rather than "coptering". It allows a stealthier gameplay if they decide to keep the latch system on (PLS KEEP IT). With it we can now wait till opponents pass by and then move forward or even surprise attack them. I personally like Parkour 2.0, NINJA FEELS FTW.

As for nerfing Mag, I believe that it may be necessary. The main reason people use her is because of Greedy Pull, by removing its perks then people would go for other frames such as Limbo or Trinity for the energy. For the loot however, that may be a problem, unless the new retriever Kubrow has a better range then a Carrier. Mesa can basically stand her own ground without Mag, though less efficient you could always use a Large Team Energy Restore.

Everything else looks good. Can't really comment much cause WIP. Don't want to expect cause changes might occur

EDIT: THANKS AM-Bunny! Great Job keep up the good work.

Edited by secret9005

I thought Frost's bubble timer was getting removed so that it would only be the health?

As for mag, the "used 4x as much" thing is misleading evidence because it is literally her first ability. In other words, people can cast it for less than 10 energy. The suggested nerf would make her useless, again. I suggest making her more squishy and making the greedy pull augment a corrupted mod in that damage is significantly reduced.

Edited by (XB1)ShapelessHorr0r

parcour 2.0  looks more then strange, just like a turtle jumping around, can i have a ninja-turtle-tenno-skin pls ...

joking, i wanna explore and expirience this all by myself, then i can say smth about ,-)

Edited by Khampa

It is either

1) wall-running wich is running along walls, and we did that.

2) Parkour wich is running. And jumping from spot to spot, jumping over and rolling under things. THAT is exactly what was shown in the stream and it creates a whole new way of playing the game.

The speed of the wallrun wont matter as much if a good momentum gets built up. But I think it will take some time to master, and I am a bit worried about actually fighting and get knocked down etc.

They need to balance this out.

I dont know about the new map being white like shown in the stream, and they didnt show the nodes... maybe they arent ready yet?

here another example what they will do

https://vine.co/v/eiwaX6XV1xr

Did someone said NUNCHAKUS?? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also, the new solar map doesn't look fitting into the game, because its style imo...

I know the starmap thing is still very new, but I hope they make it a bit less grey. Bit hard to read.

I felt the same way when I first saw it since I love the loading screen with the space background (http://i.imgur.com/kyS85ev.jpg) much more than the one with the blue sky background (http://oi60.tinypic.com/33yotgw.jpg).

So i decided to tweak the star chart preview, the original screenshot was posted in this thread > https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/481104-devstream-55-overview/

I would absolutely love it if Steve saw this and decided to go this direction, or atleast give us both the light and dark as an option. :D My edit is far from perfect, I would rather the 'constellation' images to be brighter, but you get the general idea.

The stars background that i used was from here > http://7-themes.com/data_images/out/46/6927874-space-the-stars.jpg

RbHLQQM.jpg

The vine vid posted by Maki0r gives me great hope for this kind of a star map since that was posted by Steve himself apparently. :D

Draco Discussion
• Greedy Pull usage is 4x higher than any other power
• Considering changing Greedy Pull; possibly so that the items pulled only move for her, other players can't obtain
• Will never implement cooldown mechanics

I can smell the salt and tears now. It's glorious.