Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Concerning The Braton Vandal

NaniteCircuit

I'm glad there was an explanation but I still very much dislike the braton vandal sound and so does pretty much the entire community that has one. It doesn't sound as great as it did before, even with a intense fire fight to me the old sound did it much better and and a more enjoyable feeling when shooting it. :c

Hard going back to discount hamburger when you've become accustomed to filet mignon.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad there was an explanation but I still very much dislike the braton vandal sound and so does pretty much the entire community that has one. It doesn't sound as great as it did before, even with a intense fire fight to me the old sound did it much better and and a more enjoyable feeling when shooting it. :c

was the change worth sacrificing a good weapon sound? was it really important that the brandal be in line with all the other bratons? I think these questions should have been considered with regards to how even weapons of similar names should have something different about them

was the change worth sacrificing a good weapon sound? was it really important that the brandal be in line with all the other bratons? I think these questions should have been considered with regards to how even weapons of similar names should have something different about them

I do not want to be too much of a conspiracy theorist, but I highly suspect that the change was not to bring the Braton V inline soundwise with the other Bratons, but to lessen the noticeable difference between them so that there will be less fuss over it in general.

You see, previously if a Braton V was fired, it was unmistakable for what it was.  Now, not so much.  People cant complain about things that they dont notice. 

I do not want to believe that this is the reasoning behind the change because that would make me lose some respect for DE, but I simply cannot think of ANY other reason that makes any sense at all.

I do not want to be too much of a conspiracy theorist, but I highly suspect that the change was not to bring the Braton V inline soundwise with the other Bratons, but to lessen the noticeable difference between them so that there will be less fuss over it in general.

You see, previously if a Braton V was fired, it was unmistakable for what it was.  Now, not so much.  People cant complain about things that they dont notice. 

I do not want to believe that this is the reasoning behind the change because that would make me lose some respect for DE, but I simply cannot think of ANY other reason that makes any sense at all.

I wouldnt be suprised if you were right given how people lowered its value by complaining about not being able to get it

Man.. if it ain't broke, why you gotta change it? I understand that you've optimized it for the sound mixing, but couldn't that have been done by modifying the old sound in whatever way necessary to still keep it as close as possible to the old sound? Weapons already go obsolete over time, but changing things like sound or cosmetics in an unfavorable manner will only force them to be discarded even faster.

Man.. if it ain't broke, why you gotta change it? I understand that you've optimized it for the sound mixing, but couldn't that have been done by modifying the old sound in whatever way necessary to still keep it as close as possible to the old sound? Weapons already go obsolete over time, but changing things like sound or cosmetics in an unfavorable manner will only force them to be discarded even faster.

Not to mention that this was such a special weapon. The open Beta Weekend back in 2013? I mean, that was a LONG time ago.

Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks for all your comments.  It's great to see you are all really passionate about the sound of the Braton Vandal.  Also please know that our aim is to continually improve the game's audio and that every change we make is carefully considered before it is done.  Rest assured that the sound team reads every post in the sound forums.  Here is the reason the sound was changed:

We felt the need to update the sound of the regular Braton to bring it more in-line with current weapon sounds.  So naturally, we updated the Braton Prime and the Vandal variants as well so that they would fit in with the new sound concept.  These changes were made to make these weapons have more clarity when using them during intense firefights and also to improve the overall audio mix of the game.  The changes were also made so that these weapons fit in better with all of the other weapons in game and that if you switched between say, the Lato and the Braton Vandal, that the audio would be balanced between them.

Hope this explanation helps.

DE_George.

I understand the change to center it around a single sound concept, but from what I've seen on the forums, many people prefer the old sounds. With complete respect for your vision I would suggest that if you're going to unify the sound, unify it not around these new sounds but around the older sounds.

When you say "clarity" in your post, what do you mean exactly? Is it distinguishing the number of shots you've fired or simply making the gun recognizable? If it is the former, then was there no way to tweak the old BratonV to be more in line with this clarity you're aiming for?

It would be great if the sound was reverted to the origional sfx.

Hopefully it'll happen. It's only a handful of us that have it, but the ones that do love the weapon and loved the old sound. I'm not even sure why it was changed other than "To put it in line with the others" despite that literally nobody likes the sounds of the others.

Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks for all your comments.  It's great to see you are all really passionate about the sound of the Braton Vandal.  Also please know that our aim is to continually improve the game's audio and that every change we make is carefully considered before it is done.  Rest assured that the sound team reads every post in the sound forums.  Here is the reason the sound was changed:

We felt the need to update the sound of the regular Braton to bring it more in-line with current weapon sounds.  So naturally, we updated the Braton Prime and the Vandal variants as well so that they would fit in with the new sound concept.  These changes were made to make these weapons have more clarity when using them during intense firefights and also to improve the overall audio mix of the game.  The changes were also made so that these weapons fit in better with all of the other weapons in game and that if you switched between say, the Lato and the Braton Vandal, that the audio would be balanced between them.

Hope this explanation helps.

DE_George.

WARNING: Incoherent Rambling ahead.

Well, I do thank you for telling us why, I still really miss the old sound, and I'd love to go into the game files and change it back myself, but I fear that could end badly for me. Is there any way we could get that sound back? The gun just sounds so boring now with this new sound, which is not okay. Every weapon should feel satisfying to use, from the smallest Lato to the biggest HEK. And while I'm at it, the HEK could use a more "BOOM" kind of sound for the punch it packs. I'm starting to wonder if I'm just wasting my time here, what with how many people have asked for the sound back, and we have still heard no word, but of course, I can't blame anyone in particular, after all, the forums are a large place with many people, but the fact that this thread has already been acknowledged is annoying me. Thank you for your time. /rant

• 2 weeks later...

4EXzLwN.jpg

Just look at this.

This is my friend's 46-forma BV , just because the old se , and he has no faith now.

Bring back the old BV unique se please , or just let us to select what se we can use.

Is that possible to let players customize the se?

p.s. sorry for my bad english :p

as ever, it sounds like the answer is Weapon Firing Sound Cosmetics.

Exactly.

Braton Prime with Vandal sound (and maybe skin). Would definitely like that.

Prisma Gorgon with regular Gorgon sound? Gimme!

Talking about the Prisma Gorgon: If the change was made so that the Bratons sound more similar, would that also mean that the Prisma Gorgon's sound may be changed? It really sounds nothing like the two other Gorgons.