Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Corrupted Ancients Need To Stop.

Spobbles

They've had a buff. Fine. They were underpowered before. Now they're a formidable addition to an enemy group, giving a colossal damage reduction and immunity to some forms CC. (Such as Mag's pull).

That's not so bad, making people prioritize is okay. It brings more direction to the battlefield.

I'm not writing this because of the difficulty increase, but because it's killing my fun and frustrating me.

Basically, when there are so many of the damned things turning up that half of my powers are useless it just ruins the gameplay experience for me. 

It's at the point where I won't even bother using some weapons or powers at all because I know there's always at least one ancient buffing a group at any given time, rendering them useless. And that ancient is often stuck behind a door or something, making me run through a large group of enemies I can't CC just to kill it.

I can prioritize and work my way around the problem as I have been since the change, but limiting my choices of weapons and abilities is simply frustrating and is not the kind of challenge people can enjoy. 

I suggest simply reducing their spawns and making them take at least some of the damage that's being rerouted from their allies. 

I should mention I write this after having just finished playing void survival with Nova and getting very annoyed at how Antimatter Drop never worked because of the amount of Corrupted Ancients.

That's all. 

The funny fact about Healers and Corrupted Ancients is that, actually, the don't serve their purpose. I just need to get Nyx or Loki, spam Chaos or Irradiating Disarm and gg, no more problems. 

The entire aura matter is stupid. They have no purpose if not increase the gap between good Warframes and bad ones. In particular, damage reduction aura really has no sense at all. It's just like armor, for two factions (Infested and Corrupted) that already has a lot of tools to annoy people. 

I was doing a t1s solo with a half modded prisma grakata

It would take less than 10 bullets to kill a gunner to an entire clip when the ancient showed up, generally behind a door in another room

I doubt anyone play tested this before releasing it

what about making the aura only slightly bigger than nulli globe

First sensible idea.

Alternatively is put Shred on everything.

That is how i deal with them.

Before you complain about "muh DPS", punch through helps with your DPS by a ton if you hit more than 1 target.

Edited by fatpig84

First sensible idea.

Alternatively is put Shred on everything.

That is how i deal with them.

Before you complain about "muh DPS", punch through helps with your DPS by a ton if you hit more than 1 target.

I put Shred and Split Chamber on all the things. 

Spawn rates should be tweaked if they're coming out that often.  They're supposed to be a support class, not make up half of the wave.

I put Shred and Split Chamber on all the things. 

Spawn rates should be tweaked if they're coming out that often.  They're supposed to be a support class, not make up half of the wave.

Even explosives?

I kind of want to see what Punch Through does to explosives now...

But anyway. Yes. Ancients flood maps in such quantities that it's nearly impossible to clear them out for any given length of time. And no gods or RNGesus can possibly help you if all you brought to the run is AOE (that doesn't have the insane burst damage of Tonkor or something), because of the heal when you attack enemies affected by the aura (although I have heard somewhere that Corrupted Ancients do the inverse, i.e., get hurt when you attack their buddies, which I haven't tested but is at least better than grenades healing the damn things).

Insane Warframe Conspiracy Theory: Egad! What if it's so people will use Vectis Prime!?

Personally I think that the auras stacking intensity just needs to go. It's fine to have to prioritize targets but if more than one happens to show up at a time you're basically helpless unless you can manage a radiation/chaos effect to break the aura link. Anyone who's ever fought a New Loka hit squad knows just how stupid the damage reduction auras can wind up being. 

Even explosives?

I kind of want to see what Punch Through does to explosives now...

-snip-

When Ogris was a thing, I had both on.  Half the time my rockets were glitching through the floor and exploding outside the map. XD

When Ogris was a thing, I had both on.  Half the time my rockets were glitching through the floor and exploding outside the map. XD

Wait, Ogris stopped being a thing? Did it implode from all the bugs?

Also, if it can kill the floor... OGRIS NERF, PLZ OP! Er. That's not right.

Wait, Ogris stopped being a thing? Did it implode from all the bugs?

Also, if it can kill the floor... OGRIS NERF, PLZ OP! Er. That's not right.

Sorry, when Ogris was a thing for my clan*  my brother put 6 forma into his just because he could, and half the newbs followed suit for some reason.

(I'll stop derailing the thread now.)

Yep. Me and friend always play with Skype on, so we can coordinate and prioritize better, but even that doesn't help.

"Healer at front-right."

"There's another one in the back."

"Healer front-left."

"No need to say it. They're everywhere."

This is our usual conversation during void defense. We reached points at wave 20! where ancients spawned faster than out killrate. Two ancients replaced one. Just at wave 20. Next to this we have nullifiers and bombard and heavy gunners to prioritize too.

Worst nightmare is the Nullifier-Ancient-Bombard-Heavy Gunner combo. In masses.