Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Weapons Vs Corpus Weapons. Who Would Really Win In An All Out Fight?

jollter

I'm just curious as to who people would think really wins in this war of theirs? 

(This does not include bosses, ship defences, eximus units, terrain, etc. Just basic units vs basic units.)

I mean, the corpus have plasma heated weaponry, aimed to melt just about anything. It sounds great untill you notice almost all of their weapons are only best used at close range. But they also have an army of robotics to back them up, via shields, sucking up items, suicide bombing, bum rushing, dropping land mines, etc, and the dreaded Riot moas, with enough firepower and shielding to wipe out armies alone. I suppose their's also the wanna-be jackals (The ones from the orokin sabotage mission, I'm not including the boss's of the game. Oh and the very much hated nullifiers.

But most of the grineer standard weaponry shoots literally twice as fast, but of coarse these are just normal bullets, vs plasma heated rounds. They also have all that armor to protect them, with some form of robots (The rollers) and lots of explosive firepower, not to mention they have powerful melee units, flame throwers, and buzz-saw snipers. Some of the grineer even have the ability to teleport, and switch teleport. They have a unit that can even steal your weapons, and summon Drahks onto the field.

I personally think the grineer have the upper hand because of their diverse arsenal. And while corpus weapons excel at close range, giving them an edge over most of their melee units, the fact that their melee can teleport might just take most corpus by surprise. But with nullifiers on the field, most of the grineer units might be forced just to enter close range  unless they expend all their ammo just taking the shields down. I have no idea who'd win but it's just my opinion. :3

Edited by jollter

If we're just pitting units in game against each other (not taking into account lore or how their weapons will perform in real life), then I will say the Corpus will win. The Corpus win because of one unit, the Bursa. I've seen that thing single handedly defeat group on infested while surrounding by Ancients, and it didn't even take damage to its health even though Toxic Ancients should make everything bypass shields. It can even tank the Juggernaut Behemoth. It might even win if given enough time.

The Corpus just have to send out one or two Bursas and it can probably kill an infinite amount of Grineer,

My money is on the Grineer. Bombards, Heavy Gunners and Napalms marching forward spamming AoE and giving no fucks seems like it would trounce the usual unit composition I see from the Corpus and not have much issue with drones.

Grineer honestly...bombards, heavy gunners (gorgon is impact ftw), manics, napalms list goes on. All corpus have are bots and enemies that grow in size. Sure they have shields osprey and bursa could potentially stun lock everything and they family but they have to make it there 1st. Even including bosses...grineer win because them invincible stages~

The other day I was bored and went to the Simulacrum. Spawned 10 Grineer units (Lancers/Trooper/Eviscerator/Butchers/Gunners/Napalm/Bombard) and 10 Corpus (all Crewmen/Moa variants) at level 90, went invisible and let them have fun with each other.

... The Corpus won.

Edited by MartianJellyfish

Most likely the Grineer, seeing as they're a race of clone soldiers designed for war whereas the Corpus are primarily merchants. On the other hand, the Corpus do have some formidable robots, and if they actually used those instead of sacrificing their own lives all the time they may balance the playing field.

Are we speaking realistically?

Corpus.

Grineer weapons are designed for mass production. This is evident by their ammo drums that contain spherical bullets, for ease of production. They're cheap but effective.

Corpus weapons are meticulously crafted, and probably the result of extensive research and production. Each one of these is probably much more efficient and deadly than a Grineer weapon, it simply is harder to produce.

In my opinion corpus will win because they just seem to have more technology than the grineer and they are just soo annoying, like the least kills in my profile in the corpus because they are just very powerful that some of the missions for them i can't solo while grineer most of the time is easy.