Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Weapons Vs Corpus Weapons. Who Would Really Win In An All Out Fight?

jollter

I put smart money on the Corpus. A few Bursas can lock down the battlefield. They slow, blind, block, pull and knockdown anything that comes near. Their auras reduce armor too and their shields provide cover for nearby crewmen. A few Techs providing cover fire with their Supras and that barrier moves forward crushing everything in its wake.

The other day I was bored and went to the Simulacrum. Spawned 10 Grineer units (Lancers/Trooper/Eviscerator/Butchers/Gunners/Napalm/Bombard) and 10 Corpus (all Crewmen/Moa variants) at level 90, went invisible and let them have fun with each other.

... The Corpus won.

Oh man I'd love to watch that lol. 

Proof the corpus are better haha. 

To me it's hard to say. 

Each have their advantages and disadvantages, but on the whole I think it comes down to their attitude.

The Grineer are much more war-minded. They are a machine, hell they are almost literally machines. Flash-cloned, angry, space zombies with loyalty programmed in and armor built on top. Can the Corpus mindset compare with the sheer singleminded lust for war and conquest that the Grineer have? Can the self-serving Corpus Board truly compete with a group of zealots so powerfully indoctrinated that they allow themselves to be killed to create more clones?

To me it's hard to say. 

Each have their advantages and disadvantages, but on the whole I think it comes down to their attitude.

The Grineer are much more war-minded. They are a machine, hell they are almost literally machines. Flash-cloned, angry, space zombies with loyalty programmed in and armor built on top. Can the Corpus mindset compare with the sheer singleminded lust for war and conquest that the Grineer have? Can the self-serving Corpus Board truly compete with a group of zealots so powerfully indoctrinated that they allow themselves to be killed to create more clones?

I suppose their's that. But technology does play a pretty important role, and the corpus seem to wield some pretty powerful stuff. Even making robots from orokin tech.

Corpus-weapons often utilize damage-types that can really hurt Grineer. Dera, Supra, Cestra,  Detron, Quanta, Flux-rifle....

Grineer also have several weapons that would damage-type-wise hurt the Corpus a lot. Grakata, Karak, Gorgon, Kraken...

Now while Corpus-arms have great damage-types to deal with Grineer, they really lack all the complementary stats like high crit-chances or really good status with only few exceptions. Grineer-weapons do not as often have that disadvantage. Grakata has great status, several of their weapons are better suited for critical damage and so on - making the Grineer-arsenal overall "well-rounded".

In the end, Grineer would win because their weapons simply WORK better while Corpus-weapons lack the finesse, aside from being high-tech lasers and whatever.

Looking at the invasions, the two factions seem quite equally matched, the only variable that we see leads a faction to victory is "do we have a Tenno on our side?"

However, my bet is more towards the Grineer, lots of heavy gunners can probably defeat most Corpus units. Also, note that the Grineer have a nearly infinite supply of troops (courtesy of Mr. Regor). 

Oh man I'd love to watch that lol. 

Proof the corpus are better haha. 

I wish I had recorded it or at least taken screenshots, it was pretty epic lol.

Yes, Grineer have better stats on paper. But surprisingly, their damage doesn't scale as well as their armor as one would think. Most of their weapons deal impact damage, which can wipe Corpus shields in a blink's time - but it fails to do anything besides tickling their health afterwards. Napalms, with their broken AoE, could do serious damage to health - if the Corpus didn't have shields. But they do, because Techs carry a stockpile of Ospreys.

Now, for the Corpus: most of their weapons rely on puncture damage, which can cripple Grineer quickly since they have nothing to counter it. Couple that with Prova stunlocks or a Detron to the face, and it's gg to the dogs. Also, people are talking about Grineer slash procs

zS8yL4q.jpg

The only disadvantage the Corpus have is being squishier, but as long as they had a Tech popping Ospreys they could put up a hell of a fight. (Actually, the Tech was the last man standing, and I took the honour of ending his virtual existence.)

I did a test in the simulacrum with 10 of each faction. 5 melee units each and 5 heavy units each. All 5 of the Grineer Heavies were left standing at the end. The fight lasted about 30 secs.

Not to mention how the Grustrag 3 are more threatening than the Harvester~

I suppose their's that. But technology does play a pretty important role, and the corpus seem to wield some pretty powerful stuff. Even making robots from orokin tech.

Grineer are not that far behind. What do the Corpus have against their Fomorians? 

It would depend on the situation, corpus are good at overwhelming while grineer can hold out key points for long periods of time based on some invasion. (you see a lot of stuff when you play solo) which is strange because you would think of the opposite.

Realistically corpus would win based on there technology and tactics. Same can be said for ingame as watching stallord video of corpus vs grineer video.