An Idea Against Afk

Hi ^.^

just posted this on the "Meanwhile in Tactical Alert..." Topic and i tought it may be interesting to post it here 

Hey guys just happen to work an a server recently some of you may not understand but it hit me like a car i got a good idea for AFK.

No realy i just copied it but still.

Use an algorithm to detect AFK something like

- Not Looting

- Not dealing Damage

- Not using power 

- Not Moving

- Not Firing

- Not receiving damage

- AFK tagged by player 

- A player can tag another player for being afk each tag count as 1 point so if all player tag you only 2 points from the list are necesary to be considered afk thanks to Noamuth for the idea

Combine 5 of those sorry but you are afk

when they are considered afk they are automaticly enable for replacement allowing people to join the game to replace them.

When a player attempt to replace the AFK player there is a Message Shown on the screen like  " You are going to be replace in this fight by PLAYERNAME " If they dont click on "Continue to fight" within 30 seconds they are kicked and replaced by the player trying to join.

If the player Chose "Continue to fight" the validation will be made in X Minutes/Sec to see if he/she is afk again.

Just an idea may not be the best but leave me your toughts.

Edited by trunks013

The problem is that being afk is little problem in warframe, i personally havent met afk player in 6 months i think, but then i avoid semi afk farms.

Afk detection wasnt designed to detect afk but to cut semi afk farming and de wont change that until they cut it.

Now this is new O.O

I've heard they became a hindrance by going down for no action and waiting for revive, but never heard an afk player not receiving any damage

Nah its just an idea i mean like damage to shield of ferrite armor ( beceause i dont want to penalise rhino and other super armored frames) thats why i asked for 5 criteria so if you dont take damage but you are moving and dealing damage you will have no trouble.

They can avoid damage by standing in strange place like the spawn spot in the ceeling of the grenier ship.

Edited by trunks013

carrier

I think what you're saying is that Carrier would negate the first criteria - Not Looting?

Like I mentioned in the same thread, I can get behind a Host activated AFK feature that gives the rest of the team the ability to initiate a vote kick once said player is flagged by the AFK system.

This cuts out a lot of potential abuse, I think.

carrier

Yeah carrier can be a trouble for the looting part but if the player is realy afk the carrier will be destroyed by mobs soon enough i think if not the player is probably too far away from the fight so the carrier may not loot a lots of things.

I think what you're saying is that Carrier would negate the first criteria - Not Looting?

Like I mentioned in the same thread, I can get behind a Host activated AFK feature that gives the rest of the team the ability to initiate a vote kick once said player is flagged by the AFK system.

This cuts out a lot of potential abuse, I think.

Thats a good point a realy good point i will make a modification and quote you.

A vote kick feature...

Would solve all of these issues...

*sigh*...

And would cause more in in return!

A new player (or noob if you like) joined a team of vets (1337 with ego boosters on) would most likely will kick the poor soul rather teach and help him/ her get better, like you know unlock more nods, kill few bosses and such!

This is a very useful tool/ feature IMHO but I would rather the game auto-kick anyone if they AFK'ed for like 3-5 minutes!

Some people can counter this by keeping their frames in a safe spot and run into a wall, How will DE handle this? XD

And would cause more in in return!

A new player (or noob if you like) joined a team of vets (1337 with ego boosters on) would most likely will kick the poor soul rather teach and help him/ her get better, like you know unlock more nods, kill few bosses and such!

This is a very useful tool/ feature IMHO but I would rather the game auto-kick anyone if they AFK'ed for like 3-5 minutes!

Some people can counter this by keeping their frames in a safe spot and run into a wall, How will DE handle this? XD

So the vets are the bad guys because they don't want to carry a guy through high level content, to take time out if their free time? Yeah...no.

So the vets are the bad guys because they don't want to carry a guy through high level content, to take time out if their free time? Yeah...no.

Dont be upset tenno. Thats why i put an  AFK tagging option . I understand your concern but if a tenno wants to avoid new tenno they can go on private squad to avoid trouble like a guy tripping alarm in spy mission.

Dont be upset tenno. Thats why i put an  AFK tagging option . I understand your concern but if a tenno wants to avoid new tenno they can go on private squad to avoid trouble like a guy tripping alarm in spy mission.

Said tagging can be open to just as much, if not more, abuse as a vote kick option. One if these is faster and stops the AFKer from hurting other squads.

^ this guy gets it!

Going into a public squad/ team means fun times, headache, bad experience or even "that's it, no more public for me from now on [insert something]"!

In end of the day too much control = trouble and no control as well = trouble, we can't have everything so we might as well adapt to it, it's either trunks013 way or auto-kick way, really. 

AFK is a huuuuuge problem and maybe I just have bad luck but I would say at least 50% of regular alerts for mods/bps/etc have at least 1 AFK person and 70% of alad v alerts have an afk person.

I had an AFK'er yesterday on a survival mission.  He ran and hid in a room and went AFK.  We ended up failing so I didn't have to report him but he was absolutely 100% AFK up until the last 10 seconds.  The reason we lost was because we were too busy trying to positively document that he was AFK'ing and didn't go get our last life support.  And honestly, I"M GLAD.  I would rather fail every time and have to redo the mission than let some AFK moocher get a mod.  

I applaud DE for taking AFK reports seriously but I can't help but feel like I'm doing their job for them.  An algo to detect it would catch the most blatant abuses and a vote kick system would stop the rest.  Instead we are left with the current system.

Hi ^.^

just posted this on the "Meanwhile in Tactical Alert..." Topic and i tought it may be interesting to post it here 

Hey guys just happen to work an a server recently some of you may not understand but it hit me like a car i got a good idea for AFK.

No realy i just copied it but still.

Use an algorithm to detect AFK something like

- Not Looting

- Not dealing Damage

- Not using power 

- Not Moving

- Not Firing

- Not receiving damage

- AFK tagged by player 

- A player can tag another player for being afk each tag count as 1 point so if all player tag you only 2 points from the list are necesary to be considered afk thanks to Noamuth for the idea

Combine 5 of those sorry but you are afk

when they are considered afk they are automaticly enable for replacement allowing people to join the game to replace them.

When a player attempt to replace the AFK player there is a Message Shown on the screen like  " You are going to be replace in this fight by PLAYERNAME " If they dont click on "Continue to fight" within 30 seconds they are kicked and replaced by the player trying to join.

If the player Chose "Continue to fight" the validation will be made in X Minutes/Sec to see if he/she is afk again.

Just an idea may not be the best but leave me your toughts.

While I personally like your suggestions, the "afk" system was not implemented to stop leechers. The only reason we have a system like this is because of afk farming and your suggestions do nothing to stop that.

in our clan we have a test for new members where they have to survive a series of defense waves to advance to a next rank, the superior watches from a ranged safe spot to count as a eyewithness, now how would your system effect the person watching the new recruit in my situation? not everything is afk , sometimes im just there sitting on the pod , to make sure it gets no dmg while others kill everything before it reaches me , how does that work for me in that situation? idk seems a good idea on afkers, but i think the fix can be way more simple. 

i present to you the simple solution:

dont give afkers mission reward, there is already a afk system in place wich stops my energy siphon for example when i give a test to recruit i notice after 3-4 waves of not moving , my energy siphon just stops even tho im not at my max, moving resolves it, so there is something there keeping in check if your afk or not. tho its half broken it doesnt register if your typing yes or no wich obviously wouldnt be being afk. now im doing 99.9% of my missions fair but there have been times that i have just afked a mission, grab reward and complete a invasion that way for example, so i think i know how they think , afk , free reward , no efford. my solution would totally grab that by the ballz and resolve it, just think about it, afkers would be forced to keep moving even if its a bit to get the reward, so instead of watching tv and litterly afking they have to be present at their keyboard to keep them from being afk detected, and thus not getting any rewards, trust me this fixes it.

edit:

also once they are forced to move to not being afk detected they will have a new choice to make , run from wall to wall , or actually run trough the mission and try to have fun, im pretty sure i would pick doing the mission, and im sure most other afkers would also prefer to do the mission then to run from door to door or something stupid to not being afk detected, tho there are stubborn people ^^), ul always have those.

Edited by NickBoay

in our clan we have a test for new members where they have to survive a series of defense waves to advance to a next rank, the superior watches from a ranged safe spot to count as a eyewithness, now how would your system effect the person watching the new recruit in my situation? not everything is afk , sometimes im just there sitting on the pod , to make sure it gets no dmg while others kill everything before it reaches me , how does that work for me in that situation? idk seems a good idea on afkers, but i think the fix can be way more simple. 

dont give afkers mission reward, there is already a afk system in place wich stops my energy siphon for example when i give a test to recruit i notice after 3-4 waves of not moving , my energy siphon just stops even tho im not at my max, moving resolves it, so there is something there keeping in check if your afk or not. tho its half broken it doesnt register if your typing yes or no wich obviously wouldnt be being afk. now im doing 99.9% of my missions fair but there have been times that i have just afked a mission, grab reward and complete a invasion that way for example, so i think i know how they think , afk , free reward , no efford. my solution would totally grab that by the ballz and resolve it, just think about it, afkers would be forced to keep moving even if its a bit to get the reward, so instead of watching tv and litterly afking they have to be present at their keyboard to keep them from being afk detected, and thus not getting any rewards, trust me this fixes it.

edit:

also once they are forced to move to not being afk detected they will have a new choice to make , run from wall to wall , or actually run trough the mission and try to have fun, im pretty sure i would pick doing the mission, and im sure most other afkers would also prefer to do the mission then to run from door to door or something stupid to not being afk detected, tho there are stubborn people ^^), ul always have those.

I agree with everything you said above but also it could simply be setup that if the person hosting was set to "invite only" it disables the AFK detection features.

I agree with everything you said above but also it could simply be setup that if the person hosting was set to "invite only" it disables the AFK detection features.

hmm yep that would also work.

Edited by NickBoay

edit:

My sugession for that is to be active as long as you dont have 5 of the criteria you will have no problem so you can use ability , Move around a little and loot things , Let somme ennemie hit you , firing at nothing ( no kidding i do that for fun ) and you wont be considered afk . 

I keep in mind that my idea need a more work its a draft for the moment.

I'm thinking about integrating a loop considering the number of time detected as afk and triggering faster if its not the first time the player is detected as afk and if the player is labeled as afk.

We can also use an inverse tag that will be Not-afk that can be use by your friend when you are afking and warn them and its not bothering them.

EX: i have a young daughter when i play with other tenno sometimes she wakes up and start asking for milk . I warn the other tenno . 99% another tenno tell me something like "don't worry i got your back " i go grab the driking bottle give her and come back.

any idea is welcome.

Ps : For the afk farming i understand but when you can hit two bird with one stone do it if you know you will need 2 bird of course.

My sugession for that is to be active as long as you dont have 5 of the criteria you will have no problem so you can use ability , Move around a little and loot things , Let somme ennemie hit you , firing at nothing ( no kidding i do that for fun ) and you wont be considered afk . 

I keep in mind that my idea need a more work its a draft for the moment.

I'm thinking about integrating a loop considering the number of time detected as afk and triggering faster if its not the first time the player is detected as afk and if the player is labeled as afk.

We can also use an inverse tag that will be Not-afk that can be use by your friend when you are afking and warn them and its not bothering them.

EX: i have a young daughter when i play with other tenno sometimes she wakes up and start asking for milk . I warn the other tenno . 99% another tenno tell me something like "don't worry i got your back " i go grab the driking bottle give her and come back.

any idea is welcome.

Ps : For the afk farming i understand but when you can hit two bird with one stone do it if you know you will need 2 bird of course.

How about the red-text dude comes over every once in a while and see who is AFK, if he detects any AFK tennos he will give them messages like " hey, are you AFk,bro?" and if no chat comment is made, he will kick them out of team or?

I can't go anywhere from there, sorry doods :(