An Idea Against Afk

How about the red-text dude comes over every once in a while and see who is AFK, if he detects any AFK tennos he will give them messages like " hey, are you AFk,bro?" and if no chat comment is made, he will kick them out of team or?

I can't go anywhere from there, sorry doods :(

no prinny, admin has no time for that xD. besides a automated proccess is more waterproof then 1 dude patrolling a zillion missions.

afk label would work good i must admit i mean if im in a match where im suppose to sit and do nothing, and the guy doesnt label me im not in trouble, so at first id think that label is the way to go , but i also think alot of people will see this as another way to ask for a kick function wich could be abused to kick new players out of teams and they would be left behind so this fix has potential to create another problem wich means you still have a bit thinkin to do to close all the holes, else this ship will also sink like many other posts out there, and i dont wanna hammer my own idea over yours and i realize this will not contribute in the part where youd like afkers to be kicked to make place for others, but i do think removing the reward is the way to go, and OP says its already in place wich means i will test this, if it is perfect problem half solved, if not then it should be added imo, and to be very honest with you if you would like 4 spots to be ocupied by playing people i might suggest you try making private matches and only invite people you can rely on, public matches are and will always be random people that wont care much about your opinion 99% of the time.

Edited by NickBoay

This is already in place, isn't it?  I believe it's set for endless mission types right now.  Or is it none-endless?  >.>

There is some kind of AFK detector in place but it absolutely does not work.  Had someone spawn into an alert mission, never move, never leave spawn, and even admit in chat he is AFK eating ice cream and that he would still get the reward.  I reported him to DE and the person from DE responded "yea our system didn't detect him as afk for some reason so we took his reward part away" which implies he DID get the reward and manage to cheat the system.

I think another way of looking at AFKs is targeting the why. Why do they do it?

I think some of the reasons are:
-They care more for the reward than gameplay
-They dont feel accountable (nobody's paying attention to me, so nobody will care if I do it)
-They figure their efforts aren't needed for the team to succeed (and for them to get their goodie bag of treats at the end)

I usually feel a little weird about reporting people. It's like being a space snitch for lazy ninja. So I've been drawn to more sideways methods of doing things. I draw attention to the AFKer.

If I notice an AFK early enough, sometimes I'll jump around them. At that point they've been made, somebody's clearly noticed them. I was the last one to join a Survival one time and I noticed someone standing dead still near in the starting area for about a minute. I ran over and started hopping around them for maybe 20 seconds before they came to life and started meleeing the air in response. Soon after that we had 4 people playing. Every now and then I might ask the team "Is (this person) AFK?" and sometimes -but not always- they'll rejoin the team.

I think an interesting way to push people is to have Lotus dialogue saying something like "Tenno, your team (cell?) needs you" and if they trigger that repeatedly they might get something more like "Tenno I'm detecting (issues) with your Warframe ('s movement systems?)" Which might eventually lead to something like "I'm performing an emergency extraction" or maybe an "Emergency Stasis" (which might mean no rewards).

I think this might be better than really sudden stuff like a votekick since it gives them more of a chance to respond and makes it clear that if they keep screwing up there will be reprecussions. Heck with the Stasis idea you could even have a 5 minute lockout of joining public games (or other consequences?) due to thawing, stasis sickness, or whatever. If it's a continuing problem that number could be bumped up with repeated offenses.

Edited by CrimsonNightSky

Or we have in-game criminal records that tracks us and record our behavior like how often we stay still (AFK) and such and when we repeat the offence we receive a message in the chat that tells to move if we don't listen and stay still a countdown will initiate at 60 seconds at first but if we keep on AFK'ing the time will decrease more and more?

What I'd like to see is people wanting to help and feeling like their team appreciates them there. Ideally reducing afks would come more from players wanting to be positive for the group instead of punished for being deadweight.
It's difficult because punishment can be programmed, but having players want to help their team depends on some level of relation/respect between tenno - which can be hard to create when getting matched with randoms.

Edited by CrimsonNightSky