Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Drop Is Kind Of Unfair

Archivian

And it is the end of may now. The start date seems wrong, is that the day I started playing or the day I first got on the forums? May be under 2 months then, but it is in the ballpark of two months now if feels like. If it is less than two months than that is even more in favor of my point. I had solo'd almost all of the bosses about 2 weeks in, as I remember making posts at the time about how the content went by way too quick.

Why would I lie about such a thing? I have every planet opened up and have for a while now and have solo'd every boss. It isn't some great boast, most players have. My point stands that even playing solo you can tear through this games content. The only part you need teammates for are the mod farms on defense missions, which are always easy to get. You don't need a massive population for that when there are only a dozen or so maps good for farming.

And why is this turning into a pis-sing content? I don't know you and I don't know why you are being so hostile.

Lol, now you're saying that concurrent players in a coop game aren't important because you can solo everything.  Again, gtfo please :|

There seems to be a fair number of posts that are in the position of

1)This convosasion is irrelevant

or

2)This is just moaning

or 

3)Pay more money and stop moaning

or 

4)how will DE make profit.

or

5)Lock the thread this doesn't help anyone.

or

6)You just want to get things right now without paying.

To those people:

1)This topic keeps reappearing in the forums due to the issue still being here (and not using the search properly). This conversation is relevant until the issue is resolved to a degree where both DE and the player-base find a middle ground.

2)  If all people had said was "this is unfair", i might agree. But there is no lack of reasons and examples as to why it is unfair.

3.4.5.6)

So if I have already about $60-70 for a PC game i've generally paid over the odds. (though paid in smaller amounts over time rather than a lump sum) 

On top of that I haven't even paid for a final product in this case. So lack of content bugs and changes are all things i knew i was getting into.

Also I am paying more money for less actual "stuff". EG. I still have to buy each part of customization, where as the money i already paid would cover things like customization in other types of games.  So I'm already paying more than a fully complete PC game, + maybe a DLC or 2. (im being generous here)

But still that is not enough money to ask to be able to GRIND FOR DAYS to get the suit components rather than STOP PLAYING THE GAME until they tell me I can attempt to get a piece of gear when the game says I can. What reason would there be to play this game over any other free game? (other than being a space ninja which is very cool)

You have to realize something, I am arguing to be allowed to grind in a game. Im actually asking to have the opportunity to GRIND ( hate reptative grinding). But it would seem those of the view that I just want free stuff, or stuff now without paying, clearly don't understand the concept of grinding. If I put in 50hours of gameplay to get a  suit component (oh how i hate/love the banshee) that is the same as wanting it free and wanting it right now? REALLY? 

If people stop playing that will cost them more money. Than any of this.

Locking the thread as the convo is right now is counter productive. As another thread and another on the same subject will happen until the issue is solved. There are a couple of unproductive posts. Mostly from the positions I listed above (im clearly biased though). As those positions don't actually do anything constructive in the topic (unless its 4) or unless they actually explain why and how the other point is moaning or is wrong). That being said all are entitled to an opinion,  

However pointing out how/why things are wrong is not moaning if they are true. And some have already given examples on what else DE could do. Which to be honest the examples offered are the most obvious ones in the world (My own included), because other games already do it. And DE's marketing wizard/s chose to ignore any other working model and try something which isn't working and hunts for more ways to make profit by going for a system that discourages gameplay (i mean, come on, really? that idea should have been shot down before it got off the ground). If they are having money issues or just want more profit at this point, and their market system discourages playing the game, non of that is actually on any of the players, That is DE's failure to look at other game economies and look at which ones work and which ones fail and WHY. Surely that would be the first and most commonsense step, a little critical thinking would have dissected up coming problems with the alert system.

But maybe they knew what problems to expect and they feel they can get around it or fix it it wouldn't be a real issue (I hope not by adding another out of game mechanic). 

People are generating wall of text after wall of text because a SINGLE item that was just released can't be obtained the usual way just yet. That is what people are /facepalming about.

Putting Vauban as Europa boss would be bad, because it would make the people who bought it with money mad, but they should put Banshee there though.

What about the people like me that bought Banshee?

How about slap the next new warframe on a boss there......honestly I think that may have been the plan but they didnt get a new boss ready so they dropped it to alerts lol

People are generating wall of text after wall of text because a SINGLE item that was just released can't be obtained the usual way just yet. That is what people are /facepalming about.

Thats because there is that much to be said.

I can't just say "this is unfair" that add nothing.

Additionally its a forum not a comments section which means discussion, it is impossible to have as in depth a discussion through simple short comments.

If there are many things wrong/points to be made/explained (such as grinding being likened to "I want it now for free") I have to explain it. And coz people jump in with comments that add no extra information, thought and repeat the same thing over and over, which is why  I  have to break it down to such an extent 

Granted there is always room to be more concise 

Thats because there is that much to be said.

I can't just say "this is unfair" that add nothing.

Additionally its a forum not a comments section which means discussion, it is impossible to have as in depth a discussion through simple short comments.

If there are many things wrong/points to be made/explained (such as grinding being likened to "I want it now for free") I have to explain it. And coz people jump in with comments that add no extra information, thought and repeat the same thing over and over, which is why  I  have to break it down to such an extent 

Granted there is always room to be more concise 

It is rare that I see a wall of text that can't be summarized effectively with a sentence. And I am fine with a good wall of text if it is properly formatted and structured (clearly says what it is going say at the start, enumerates points clearly, supplies logical justification, and concludes with a very clear summary for anyone who couldn't stay focused because... well it was still a wall of text).

Most of the text walls I see are either just rants or are so poorly written that I can't even tell after reading it if they were arguing for or against something. Forums aren't newspapers. There isn't one author and a zillion readers. Here there are a zillion authors and only a handful of readers. People come here to shout more than listen.

I honestly have attempted to read your text wall a couple times now, and my brain can't follow it to the end or make out what your point was. It very well may be some good ones. This happens most often when people make references to points they made in previous posts without restating them, or by addressing multiple topics in one reply. This wasn't really my original point though, and now I am just as guilty here of wandering way off topic.

Edited by Emotitron

It is rare that I see a wall of text that can't be summarized effectively with a sentence. And I am fine with a good wall of text if it is properly formatted and structured (clearly says what it is going say at the start, enumerates points clearly, supplies logical justification, and concludes with a very clear summary for anyone who couldn't stay focused because... well it was still a wall of text).

Most of the text walls I see are either just rants or are so poorly written that I can't even tell after reading it if they were arguing for or against something. Forums aren't newspapers. There isn't one author and a zillion readers. Here there are a zillion authors and only a handful of readers. People come here to shout more than listen.

I honestly have attempted to read your text wall a couple times now, and my brain can't follow it to the end or make out what your point was. It very well may be some good ones. This happens most often when people make references to points they made in previous posts without restating them, or by addressing multiple topics in one reply. This wasn't really my original point though, and now I am just as guilty here of wandering way off topic.

lol at the last line.

to be fair, it probably could be written better and be more concise. I'm dyslexic, which may be contributing to some confusion.

But your point is fair.

lol at the last line.

to be fair, it probably could be written better and be more concise. I'm dyslexic, which may be contributing to some confusion.

But your point is fair.

Civility on a game forum!!  Impossible!!  :)

Again, practically everyone (with few exceptions) in favor of the current alert system doesn't say it's good and back it up. DE acknowledges that the current alerts system has problems, so stop trying to argue that it's fine the way it is unless you can actually be constructive about it. For example,

Most posts defending alerts in this thread: "Deal with it. Life is unfair, support the devs anyway you selfish freeloader."

Constructive reasoning for the current alert system: "It creates a sense of the world really being dynamic."

Trudat

For me, there isn't anything good (or bad) about the alert system

It's just "meh" adding neither more, nor less to the experience

This is totally a waste of a post and totally not constructive, but hey

At least the thread gets bumped back tot he top of the forum right?

Not really sure if this should go in this thread or what, but since the fusion moa event, I've always thought it would be interesting for them to use their alert system as a springboard for mini events throughout the day etc. 

For example Grineer are transporting Tenno captives to a prison for execution and we need to intercept them and rescue as many as possible before they are executed.  By completing X number of rescue missions you get Y prize.  This is where some modification to the alert system would help, such as the token system mentioned by Rebecca.  Could also use spy missions for this such as Corpus are moving large data stores on Orokin technology on multiple ships throughout the solar system which we have to find and intercept.

The flaw I can find with the token system though is it would become yet another currency system in game, and then it would be people complaining about token pricing, missing token alerts, etc.  Could calm some things down, but doesn't help in the argument of people wanting to be able to grind for things constantly etc.  Possibly have all ? alerts drop a token with a chance of 2 and then all non ? have a chance to.  Then if above mini event system was implemented you could get say anywhere from 1-5 or maybe more depending on how well the objective is completed.  Would allow people to farm a bit and have more incentive to play.

I do like that the alert system kind of adds some randomness to the game.  It is set in a solar system at war, and these help to make it seem like that.

I do like that the alert system kind of adds some randomness to the game.  It is set in a solar system at war, and these help to make it seem like that.

(If we have tokens, I'm in favor of tokens on every alert) I think the concept of alerts can be interesting if expanded on (as in, not just generic missions with occasional massive rewards), but it's not a good way to introduce content like frames or new weapons (unless you do it through a token system). 

Edited by Argoms

1)This topic keeps reappearing in the forums due to the issue still being here (and not using the search properly). This conversation is relevant until the issue is resolved to a degree where both DE and the player-base find a middle ground.

Granted that it's obviously an issue people feel strongly about, and there are a few valid suggestions scattered here and there among the threads about how DE could improve distribution in the future.

But that said, how many times can people restate essentially the same unhappiness before the "discussion" has degenerated into "WE WANT OUR WAY! WE WANT OUR WAY! WE'RE GOING TO KEEP BEATING THIS TIRED DRUM UNTIL WE GET OUR WAY!"?  I don't begrudge anyone the right to express themselves.  But that doesn't mean posters should be able to keep repeating themselves until they get what they want.  One is constructive, the other is childish.  I'm certainly not wise enough to know where that line is.  But I'm pretty sure we're either at it, or we crossed it a while back.

I fear many people have moved over to the assumption that whenever the topic is brought up, it's immediately a wasted thread, to be ignored, locked, or both.  And that's not the kind of forum I, and I hope many others on both sides of the issue, want.

^This. 

The Glaive/Vauban/Alerts issue/issues ARE NOT GAMEBREAKERS.  At worst, they were poor decisions which can be corrected, if necessary more than once.  PLEASE let's begin treating it like the annoyance it is, rather than something really serious.

The Glaive/Vauban/Alerts issue/issues ARE NOT GAMEBREAKERS.  At worst, they were poor decisions which can be corrected, if necessary more than once.  PLEASE let's begin treating it like the annoyance it is, rather than something really serious.

Since the glaive, there has been no equipment not introduced through alerts. We'll see whether this is continued in half an hour or so when the update actually launches.

Since the glaive, there has been no equipment not introduced through alerts. We'll see whether this is continued in half an hour or so when the update actually launches.

It may have to continue that way. These blueprints I'm sure will show up on the market over time. DE has to consider that if someone spends $10 or so bucks they may be a little mad if they see an ocean of non-paying people using it hours later. They also need to keep it off of the blueprint market long enough to encourage sales. If people know things are going to quickly just show up in the blueprint market, they may be less inclined to spend money.

How long prints stay off the market and what the best prices are I am sure will keep evolving... but new items instantly showing up as blueprints - not expecting that personally.

It may have to continue that way. These blueprints I'm sure will show up on the market over time. DE has to consider that if someone spends $10 or so bucks they may be a little mad if they see an ocean of non-paying people using it hours later. They also need to keep it off of the blueprint market long enough to encourage sales. If people know things are going to quickly just show up in the blueprint market, they may be less inclined to spend money.

How long prints stay off the market and what the best prices are I am sure will keep evolving... but new items instantly showing up as blueprints - not expecting that personally.

Not many people will pay $10-30 for a single piece of gear in game. Reducing the price (or having weekly sales on various items?) would probably increase sales pretty dramatically.

Not many people will pay $10-30 for a single piece of gear in game. Reducing the price (or having weekly sales on various items?) would probably increase sales pretty dramatically.

That is likely inevitable. Almost all things in life work like that from retail to lift tickets. The base price is expensive, and then there are loops, coupons and sales for people who aren't willing to pay retail.

who ewer compates weapon bp drops from alerts only with frame bp drops from alerts ...  u lack of brain power :P

for weap bp u need only 1 alert, for frame, u need 3 dif.

atm, its posible newer to get vauban from playing, since u need 3 alers than woud not giwe same rewards and ... since there is alot o stuff from alerts and ewerything is rng, with bad luck u might need maybe years to get it.   if it would be 1 bp it would hawe dif story. bus as its stands now, u can get it in one day or u might newer get it. unless ofcourse u buy it with plat. 

I wonder if they should take the DCUO approach or something similar.

Create a new solar system, with bosses new gear to find etc. And sell that whole section as an expansion, new maps, equipment to find etc.                  

I played DCUO for 1500 hours (arguably its not really worth that), and I did as much of the game for free as possible. I still ended up paying for every expansion along the way, not to mention the a few customization things.

It was about £10 per expansion, and when they came out, I was surprised it didn't feel like I had to pay to progress. I really wanted to pay the money because expansion had a good amount to do for the cost.

Anyway, DE should consider it at least, the model is pretty sound and has a proven track record of saving an entire game

1. 30-40 minutes apart

2. Sorta. Look at twitter.com/warframealerts to see what the ? is

3. See 2

4. Incorrect, you always have the same chance.

5. Correct.

6. Follow Twitter, carry a laptop, have a trusted friend log you on, Or you know, pay DE some money for their free game.

what is the point of this reply? it is basically saying the same thing.. that they need to make the this warframe a boss drop! 

Are they planning on shifting the alert system over to the key system? So rarely you get a special one-use key for a special level, do it with some friends, and you all get a ? reward at the end? I'd prefer that over the current 'hey you remember that thing you wanted? Pity you were sleeping or at work, or sleeping at work, and you didn't get it' thing.

The price shop is an amazing rip-off, and a symptom of someone who is unaware that more sales are generated from cheaper items. Especially when you have no real cost. Colour palettes should be like a dollar, textures I could see being five dollars. Slots are spot on, weapons should be two or three, five dollars *tops*, and frames ten dollars tops. I've got like two thousand plat just sitting around because nothing is worth spending it on.

That is likely inevitable. Almost all things in life work like that from retail to lift tickets. The base price is expensive, and then there are loops, coupons and sales for people who aren't willing to pay retail.

Except that those are all physical items. When selling virtual items that cost literally nothing to produce, microtransactions are more lucrative than selling a single large object.

Except that those are all physical items. When selling virtual items that cost literally nothing to produce, microtransactions are more lucrative than selling a single large object.

just to say its not "literally nothing to produce". The initial virtual item has people who design/test/research/maybe licenses and legal fees etc, who all get paid wages. So essentially that is the cost. But after that initial one is produced then its virtually free to duplicate (how much would storage space cost?) and cheap to distribute. But they will still have to sell X amount before its sees profit. 

Overall though, ur right it is immensely cheaper than irl product