Sign in to follow this  
[DE]Megan

New Platinum Packs Available Now

It's really great to see DE making more mods that increase running speed, as it compensates for the removal of coptering, and buffers the difference in gameplay pace.

so irrelevant.adding 50% armor on top of Steel Fiber would be an extra 19.6% EHP for Valkyr.adding 70% Armor on top of Steel Fiber(instead of 50%) would be an extra 6.5% EHP for Valkyr. +180% Armor would be 1680 Armor, not 'almost 1800'.Chroma is the one that would get the largest benefit anyways, but whatever.which cost another Mod Slot.- - - - - 50% is only ~45.5% of 110%. Dual Stat Mods are mostly (and should be) ~60-66% of the dedicated Mod. the Stat still needs to be high enough to be useful, but low enough to not be anywhere hear as awesome as the Dedicated Version.50% Armor is not high enough to consider Equipping. 70% is atleast accurate to the Dual Stat Mods. whether it's worth Equipping is then questionable.math is important, not 'feels okay'. the Mod isn't consistent, and the difference it will make for anyone other than Valkyr [or Chroma (or even for them, honestly)] is nominal. this is consistency.

Vigor is not 60-66% of Redirection or Vigor.....I think we discussed in a thread where 220% Shields and 220% Health was deemed to much for a Vigor buff....... but I agree Valkyr is at limit of diminishing returns

To maximize tank frames this mod is the best. Take, for example, Valkyr. 600 base armor + steel fiber 110% =1260 armor.  But with this mod, a Valkyr will now have 600 + steel fiber 110% + armored agility 50% = 1560 base armor. That is a huge difference, and will make Valkyr that much harder to kill. The effect continues on to most other frames and all armor abilities (new snow globe, chroma, hopefully new iron skin)

The benefit of 1560 armor over 1260 is minimal, because of the diminishing returns on how armor scales.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Armor

Mitigation:

1260 Armor rating is (1260/(1260+300))= 80.77% Damage mitigation

1560 Armor rating is (1560/(1560+300))= 83.87% Damage mitigation

You gain a little over 3% Damage mitigation, less if you are comparing

Compare to new Excalibur with 225 base armor. With 50% armor boost to 337.5 armor.

225 armor is (225/((225+300))= 42.86% damage mitigation.

337.5 armor is (337.5/((337.5+300))= 52.94% damage mitigation.

Excalibur gains 10% damage mitigation compared to Valkyr gaining 3% damage mitigation. Because of how dimishing retirns work, Excalibur would see a larger boost than Valkyr.

But you are correct that Valkyr would gain more Effective Health & be harder to kill. Slotting Rapid Resilience(So Armor ignore Bleed procs are kept to a minimal) can provide more effective health than an extra 300 armor if you are dealing with armor-ignore bleed procs. Primed Flow w/Quick-Thinking is a must if looking to maximize Effective health.

Max Flow at 300(Primed Flow 425) energy w/ Max Quick thinking becomes 720(Primed Flow 1,020) Energy's Health which is protected by Valkyr's Armor.

With just max steel fiber, Flow(Primed Flow), Quick-Thinking and Vitality: Valkyr has 7,592(Primed Flow 9152) effective health. Flow: (720+740)*5.2=7,592. Primed Flow:(1,020+740)*5.2=9,152.

5.2 comes from (1260/300)+1

Armored Agility mods:

Armored Agility: additional armor(1560/300)+1= 6.2

Flow: 1460*6.2= 9,052 effective health

Primed Flow :1,760 *6.2= 10,912 effective health

Vigor is not 60-66% of Redirection or Vigor.....I think we discussed in a thread where 220% Shields and 220% Health was deemed to much for a Vigor buff....... but I agree Valkyr is at limit of diminishing returns

The benefit of 1560 armor over 1260 is minimal, because of the diminishing returns on how armor scales.

Mitigation:

I really don't like quick thinking. But to each his own, i'll just move use max primed continuity maxed constitution, maxed narrow minded valkyr build, plus some extra armor and movement.

Mitigation:

225 armor is (225/((225+300))= 42.86% damage mitigation.

337.5 armor is (337.5/((337.5+300))= 52.94% damage mitigation.

Excalibur gains 10% damage mitigation compared to Valkyr gaining 3% damage mitigation. Because of how dimishing retirns work, Excalibur would see a larger boost than Valkyr.

The effect of diminishing returns is much smaller than that, because damage mitigation is on INCREASING returns; that is, the more you mitigate, the more valuable 1% becomes.

Reinterpreting your own numbers:

19.23% to 16.13% = 16.1% decrease in Valkyr damage taken (1.0 - (1613/1923) )

57.14% to 47.06% = 17.6% decrease in Excalibur damage taken (1.0 - (4706/5714) )

0ijBNpO.jpg
Platinum Pack Update
New Mods now included

Great news, Tenno! All Platinum Packs now have refreshed Mods!

New PC Platinum Packs:
- 4300 Platinum Packs now include Armored Agility, Animal Instinct, and Seeking Fury Mods.
- 2100 Platinum Packs now include Animal Instinct and Seeking Fury -- both Dual Rare Mods.
- 1000 Platinum Packs now include Seeking Fury, a Rare Mod.

New Console Platinum Packs:
- 3210 Platinum Packs (3125 for European Tenno) now include Armored Agility, Animal Instinct, and Seeking Fury Mods.
- 2100 Platinum Packs now include Animal Instinct and Seeking Fury -- both Dual Rare Mods.
- 1000 Platinum Packs now include Seeking Fury, a Rare Mod.

Head to the Buy Platinum page or select Get Platinum in the In-Game Market.

*PSA: A Hotfix is required on all platforms for these to occur as Nightmare Mode Drops - this is planned for Thursday (July 2). This will also include a fix for the Animal Instinct Mod reading Sentinel when it should be Companion.

*Please note that SCEA region PS4 players will not see these new packs due to the store undergoing maintenance. 

why is pc getting 1100 plat for 149.99 and xb1 users only 3200 in change for the same package... this is stupid making me not want to spend anymore money on the console now cuz of that very reason 

why is pc getting 1100 plat for 149.99 and xb1 users only 3200 in change for the same package... this is stupid making me not want to spend anymore money on the console now cuz of that very reason 

Because consoles package is 20 dollars cheaper, that's why. Still waiting hotfix to drop... dont you dare tell me consoles wont get this hotfix.

There are price caps on console that limit the money you can drop on one purchase, so they readjusted the plat.

Alongside with Ash prime hopefully :P

Nope, Ash prime is next week

Because consoles package is 20 dollars cheaper, that's why. Still waiting hotfix to drop... dont you dare tell me consoles wont get this hotfix.

dollars is only like 370 plat? so why are they still getting 1000 more plat lol that just does not make any sense.. if you where to calculate the 20 dollars we should be getting on xb1 and ps 3730 platinum a buy since pc is 20 bucks more ... so why are we losing out on 510 plat?

There are price caps on console that limit the money you can drop on one purchase, so they readjusted the plat.

which is only 20 dollar difference which is 370 plat more so if u take off 370 plat that leaves 3730 for 149.99 why are console users getting screwed by 510 plat which is over 20 dollars itself

I think we discussed in a thread where 220% Shields and 220% Health was deemed to much for a Vigor buff.

extremely unlikely i would have said it's 'too good'.

for a 100 Health 100 Shield Warframe, Vigor would add 220 Health and Shields.

for a 150 Health and 150 Shield Warframe, Vigor would add 330 Health and Shields.

so a Warframe with 150 Health and 150 Shields, would have 1440 Health and Shields if they used Redirection, Vigor, and Vitality.

i still would have a hard time considering equipping that. i might sometimes, but, woo, after you have your dedicated Mod for it on (since it's objectively much superior), adding a 220% Vigor would be a 29.7297% increase in that Health or Shields Stat.

big whoop. the only thing Vigor would have going for it really, would be that it costs 11pts, so it's a cheap alternative to Redirection or Vitality.

- - - - -

and if a Player wants to sacrifice two, or most/all of their Mod Slots for survivability Mods rather than Ability Modifiers, go ahead. it's silly, and you'll just end up dead without any Abilities (as without any CC, you're going to get Killed anyways).

due to that balance, it's not really even worth Equipping the Mod(Armored Agility at 70%), but you could. it would make some difference... yes, but not a lot. and what are you going to sacrifice to put that there? probably the aforementioned Ability Modifiers, so you're then trading your Abilities being as effective for a bit more Survivability. you could make that decision if you wanted, that would be fine.

I'm REALLY waiting for the hotfix to hit. So many things i'd like to try with them new mods.

Any chance of them hitting today, or will we have to wait 'til tomorrow?

is really unfair to me...24hour ago I just top up PC 4.3k plat by using steam wallet

...get none rare mod...and now you repack...unfair!!!!!!!!

What, If you are the reason why we are getting the rare chance to get these new mods? What If an expicit amount of 4.3k Plat packs have to get sold before the new ones arrive? I am thankful for what you have done, you did a great job that we won't forget, ever!

U need that your warframe get updated to farm them so u need to wait until then.

Edited by chofranc