More Corrupted Mods?

RagingGrizzly

With the addition of Corrupted mods, we have more choice to maximize our warframes to make them more effective in battle. They give us more power and utility for fight our enemy, but there is something I've noticed. Blind Rage and Transient Fortitude are used to power up your frame if Intestify isn't enough, and Overextended lets you close the gap between you and the enemy if Stretch doesn't pick up the slack. There aren't Corrupted Mods that actually upgrade the warframes actual stats like shielding, armor, run speed, health, etc.

Like a corrupted mod called: Vampiric Shielding, would be a mod that gives you a lot of shield at a loss of some health.

Or like a corrupted mod called: Staggering Carapace, would give you armor at the reduction of movement speed.

You think that these kinds mods could turn the tide of the battlefield, or would they be over shadowed by others?

What are your thoughts?

They could create tons of possibilities!

First of all, there's an edit function and multiquote function so you can stop double posting. Second, the corrupted mod drop table is diluted enough for people with the last wave of mods that was added to justify adding anymore.

I would rather have fewer reasons to play derelicts.

Same^ derelicts are just a pain to play now..like i am pretty much blind with those flies and i have to roll every 2 seconds besides the whole game i cant even walk or cast abilites properly cuz of the sticky sutff that the moa is shooting, its just an annoying experience.

Same^ derelicts are just a pain to play now..like i am pretty much blind with those flies and i have to roll every 2 seconds besides the whole game i cant even walk or cast abilites properly cuz of the sticky sutff that the moa is shooting, its just an annoying experience.

Ditto. Not to mention the screwed up geometry of the levels making it impossible to walk 2 meters without getting stuck on something or another.

Ditto. Not to mention the screwed up geometry of the levels making it impossible to walk 2 meters without getting stuck on something or another.

yea i forgot to mention that too, those trees are so annoying, and i feel like i am playing in a maze i sometimes even get lost there lol.

I honestly like the risk-vs-reward style of the corrupted mods better then the win-win style effects of the dual stat mods. I like when my choices have consequences to them, it makes it more interesting. There aren't downsides to dual stat mods which usually make them no-brainers to have or even must haves on your builds.

I would like to see the rest of the corrupted mods released. Additionally, if you hate running ODE because the new infested are a pain, bring a max duration Limbo and some nukers. Banish the squad. No infested BS to deal with! =)

before all, i agree with most of the topic, but theses new mods shouldn't override or ignore existing mods

and not to be affecting the same attribute more than 2 times, as has happened with transient fortitude and blind rage, as is the topic already mentioned, modify different attributes from the basic ones

i did some mods ideas about it before, but focusing on diffferent ones like casting speed, sprint speed, weapon's beam reach...

i will bring here

Sluggish Caster (Warframe): Rare, 5 ranks, polarity Naramon (-)

on max rank:

+55% power efficiency

-44% cast speed

11 points

you want more power efficieny, you will have, but every warframe can be affected by reduced cast speed

Armor Shattered (Warframe): Rare, 10 ranks, polarity Vazarin (D)

on max rank:

+55% sprint speed

-44% total armor

14 points

gotta go fast to avoid any bullet/meele

Desesperated Conjuration (Warframe): Rare, 5 ranks, polarity Naramon (-)

on max rank:

+66% cast speed

- 27% power range

9 points

useful if you didn't like stand stucked in animation and being shot to death trying to use the skill (Nekros, i'm talking with you)

Myopic Zoom (limited range weapons): Rare, 10 ranks, polarity Vazarin (D)

on max rank:

- +16.5 meters

- -22% accuracy

16 points

definitely not something to use with Heavy Caliber / Magnum Force, unless you like to hit what is on your back

Fragmented Explosion (explosive weapons, Castanas included): Rare, 5 ranks, polarity Vazarin (D)

on max rank:

- +36% explosion radius

- -54% damage

11 points

lose a lot of potential damage against single target to have chance to hit even more enemies

if you like to spread status effect (like electric procs with Castanas) or to clear group of weaken enemies, that is your mod 

I really like to have more corrupted mods. However the current obtainment method for them should be changed. At least make it possible to obtain them solo.

Some Ideas on correpted mods.

Solid Lead 10 ranks (V polarity 16 energy req) 
+ 165% Damage

- 55% fire-rate

Take your time with each shot for maximum damage per shot. 

Pack-a-punch 4 ranks (V polarity 10 energy req )

+100% Damage

- 75% clip size

Useful for fast reloading weapons but not exactly good for slow reloading ones.

Spiked Shot/ Piercing shot/ Bludgeoning shot 3 ranks (V polarity 7 energy req)

+30% to two damage types and -30% for third damage type.

Useful for juggling around with weapon damage types.

Back when raids were introduced in the game, new corrupted mods were in the game data, they affected mostly health, shield and speed values.

More shileds at the cost of speed or mods that give more speed at the cost of shields, stuff like that.

If such mods are introduced in the game, it won't be a suprise really.

A few Ideas I had for corrupted mods...

Blood Shield -Warframe

+ 100% shield

+15% chance to pass through shield

Heavy Ammo - Primary

+ 180% ammo reserve

- 30% sprint speed

Lengthened Cast -Warframe

+ 80% duration

-30% casting speed

Split Bullet - Primary

+ 60% multishot

+15% chance to fire a dud

Channeled Anger - Melee

+ 90% channeling damage

-30% damage

Burning Vengeance - Secondary

+ 120% heat damage

- 20% reload speed

Cold Hearted - Secondary

+120% cold damage

-20% fire rate

Toxic Recoil - Secondary

+120% toxic damage

+40% recoil

Shocking Hit - Secondary

+120 electric damage

-40% accuracy

Light Steel - Melee

+80% attack speed

-20% damage

Scavenger - All guns( each weapon type has it's own mod like ammo mutation)

+250% ammo pickup

-100% ammo reserve

Universal Caliber -All guns

converts unused ammo drops into (gun type) ammo (around double normal ammo mutation)

-150% ammo reserve

Archived