Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If De Nerfs Greedy Pull, Then You May As Well Deprecate Mag As Well As Prime Mag

Troll_Logic

Mag is generally useless.  Sure, the shield restore is nice, but it certainly isn't a reason to bring Mag over generally any other warframe.  Greedy Pull makes Mag worth equipping.  Nerfing Greedy Pull means Mag is back to being useless.

They're not nerfing, more as remaking, I think it's going to be moved from a Pull augment to an Shield Aura augment, so when she walks by drops, they gravitate towards her.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Tried shield polarize with more than 150% power and extreme range on corpus already?

Tried the new crush (+ augment) with high efficiency build already?

Mag is good, people just get always get GPULL as answer when they ask how to play mag, that's why people don't play her so much in other ways.

Mag, pre-Greedy Pull, was one of the highest damage outputting frames available.

Two weeks ago, I was able to achieve 53% damage in a 40 wave T4 Defense, using a Mag, while another player was using a Peacemaker build Mesa.

Mag's #3 and #4 could use some buffing to justify the energy costs, but even so, she is one of the most powerful frames in the game, even ignoring Greedy Pull.

I don't know man, I have been doing missions with mag and she looks excellent form me. Sure I'm not gonna bring her to the most extreme environment in the game, but that's because I know her pros and cons.

Mag is generally useless.  Sure, the shield restore is nice, but it certainly isn't a reason to bring Mag over generally any other warframe.  Greedy Pull makes Mag worth equipping.  Nerfing Greedy Pull means Mag is back to being useless.

*facepalm*

Did you know that Mag has that one ability that restore allies shields and at the same time EXPLODE enemies shields?

Therefor she is perfect against 'shielded' factions!

Might as well remove everything that isn't Mesa Gmag Hydroid Nekros Frost Saryn and Trinity then....

Oh wait. We can't do that! That would mean anyone with a modicum of skill would have to play with people who don't know what they're talking about like you!

Mag is already a great warframe for slaying corpus and has a little bit of superiority in the void, but nerfing greedy pull will be fine with me, maybe instead of 100% chance, it would be 50%, or just reducing the range, either way, mag is already degraded for being given a specific job(pulling loot)

dogbDtv.jpg

One of these threads? Really?

She was just fine before Greedy Pull was added (granted a bit below average but even so) and the only reason this argument exists (and its not a strong one at that) in the first place is because of how much of a crutch the community has made that mod. 

dogbDtv.jpg

One of these threads? Really?

She was just fine before Greedy Pull was added (granted a bit below average but even so) and the only reason this argument exists (and its not a strong one at that) in the first place is because of how much of a crutch the community has made that mod. 

You all know about shield polarization and its augment right?

It destroys corpus and once the corrupted start sending in shield drones the get destroyed as well. And the augment makes her a tank. I have hard carried a bad team in t4 survival with her.

↑ This people, they use common sense, you should too.

The reason why people consider mag useless is because her abilities are magnetic based, and her second ability also only really works well against the corpus. It used to be where all enemies has shields, and back then mag was op with nuke damage of her second. She still has that with the void up to an extent. If her abilities had a better function against grineer and infested, then she would be in the top. Her damage however can't be underestimated.

The reason why people consider mag useless is because her abilities are magnetic based, and her second ability also only really works well against the corpus. It used to be where all enemies has shields, and back then mag was op with nuke damage of her second. She still has that with the void up to an extent. If her abilities had a better function against grineer and infested, then she would be in the top. Her damage however can't be underestimated.

I still think that even on faction with no shields Mag is extremely strong.

Pull is still a radial damage ability that costs NOTHING and ragdolls enemies on almost instant cast. On a huge range. A better version than the cast-decast Absorb nuke.

create bait thread then run...

I apologize.  I didn't realize that I had to sit, watch a thread, and reply to every new post.

Sigh.

Tried shield polarize with more than 150% power and extreme range on corpus already?

Tried the new crush (+ augment) with high efficiency build already?

It's nice, but I'm not sure it warrants the slot.