Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Very, Very Easy Solution To The Mesa Gp Problem

Evanescent

That is going to be counterproductive. You are making players who had nothing to do with peacemaker suffer.

Players will always find frames that kill the masses within a short amount of time. Nerfing one frame is only a temporary solution until the next best frame is picked. However, nerfing them all makes it harder for farmers to do their job.

Edited by RevivedEdgeLord

Ultimates need to be fun strong abilities that require user input. Excalibur's is as close as it has gotten to that I feel.

I somewhat agree lol.

I love Zephyr's 4th ability so much. Same with Hyrdroid's, Nova's, Nekro's, etc.

I mean be it, they're mostly CC abilities (I'm a CC kind of guy lol), and I understand you were just making a general statement, but I don't think every 4th ability needs to require user imput beyond the initial casting. I do think though those ultimate-clearing abilities definitely need some flavor to it.

Also I dig Excalibur's 4th, but personally, eh, not for me xD  Take it extremely with a grain of salt though, I just don't like playing Excalibur that much at all lol. It'd be cool though to see more future frames having interesting longevity abilities like that though~

But going back to your point, I actually think Mesa's ult is completely fine for the most part. I think Mag is what perpetuates the exploitation; and as the last devstream has mentioned, a simple solution like adding cooldowns to greedy pull as an example, isn't good design, and just a somewhat lazy and cheap way to fix the problem, sortofspeak.

In Sayrn's case though, I honestly believe she's one of the most dated frames we have in terms of abilities, and seriously needs to be looked at as soon as possible. Especially how contradicting her ult is with the rest of her abilities that pretty much require some duration. Beyond her ult, there's really not much going for her after low to low-mid level content. But eh, just go to the feedback part of the forums and read more constructive criticisms and suggestions for her if you really want to look and get into it lol.

She needs a re-worked ultimate, I don't even know what DE was thinking when making this.

Reduce the range on peacemaker. Mesa is vulnerable to melee and close quarters combat. Make it a high risk, high reward skill.

Imagine enemies trying to walk up to you as you are trying to kill them before they can hit you, instead of enemies walking out of a door and getting sniped across the map with a pistol.

When enemies are close, you shoot faster with better crit.

When they are at maximum distance, you shoot slower with normal damage.

This change will force mesa to charge into the fray, instead of camping in a spot and speed sniping.

Players will always find frames that kill the masses within a short amount of time. Nerfing one frame is only a temporary solution until the next best frame is picked. However, nerfing them all makes it harder for farmers to do their job.

And the frames that can't? It won't even stop because we use max efficiency you just inconvenience everyone since they can turn it off for a second and nerfing the already weak ones anyway. And the frames that aren't actively channeled have a natural benefit. These frames don't even need a nerf.

And the frames that can't? It won't even stop because we use max efficiency you just inconvenience everyone since they can turn it off for a second and nerfing the already weak ones anyway. And the frames that aren't actively channeled have a natural benefit. These frames don't even need a nerf.

Let them all burn.

Because every other squad has at least 1 or even 2 mesas in it, I could easily select a planet jump in right now and there would be a mesa, especially in ceres credit farming or draco exp farming, or even voids or during the tactical alert. There would always be a mesa, you can't just "look for a squad without a mesa" that's like trying to find a needle in a haystack, the haystack being every mesa in each consecutive squad. So no, problem not solved.

Mesa is appealing, hence why a majority of the people use her, and hence why there are people trying to divert the issue and pretend mesa doesn't need a nerf. I can also turn that statement back at you, the game doesn't revolve around a mesa or your playstyle, yet mesa basically imposes a, "I get to kill everything while you sit and watch and be bored" playstyle on every one else. Then you have the mesa supporters who pretty much abort mission if they don't see a mesa in the party and think the party is full of noobs before even running the mission the first few seconds.

You are missing the point. You are too fixated. You generalise too much.

I am a mesa user. Only if it was required from host of the squad requires. i like to use other frames to outdo mesa players too. Those who played with me during my 100 plus TA2 runs will know.

Use the recruiting tab. State clearly you don't want a mesa.

H>T4def. All frames but mesa welcome thanks.

There u go. You can have all the fun you want.

My point is simple. Every one has a unique preference and liking towards certain frames and play style. When u like to use mesa in the "meta" way it's not wrong... While you want it to be without a mesa isn't wrong too... so ...

In what capacity are you insisting on the nerf of mesa? Why are you taking the fun out of others game when you don't like it? Take note again I'm not really very into meta games too.

Oh no, you have to copter over to a single location every now and then for drops instead picking them up right where you are standing.  Darn.  That's terrible! 

FTFY2

If one member of your group is sitting in the same spot and you have to go back to that one member periodically to re-supply... You are camping.

The fact that you leave that camp to go kill mobs is a choice, you don't have to do that typically (maybe to set off life support)

The fact that you will have to return to it in order to get the drops off anything you killed isn't a choice... Because a GMag camped there.

The only thing that's missing from that camp is the t-shirt.

...And have fun with that copter plan after parkour 2.0 is released

Or tell everyone there are other buttons other than 1,4 and click, and notice them start yes OMG, playing the game

TBH your solution doesn't really seem to cut it and I think removing greedy pull and giving mag a rework is all that can be hoped for, she is what is powering mesa in the first place

Edited by damo190

Seriously why do you guys hate mesa so much? To put it bluntly, there's such a wide network of players ....look for a squad without her and that's it. Solved.

Nerf this and that.. change this and that.. The world doesn't revolves around your play style.

Find me a T4 Defense that doesn't require Mesa, then we'll talk.

also one frame i can go afk and beat t4 defense not hard to figure ou. its why this nerf is so dumb to anyone with all or almost all mods mesa and mag arent op at all

No mission stipulates what frame you need. You can go on T4def with or without a mesa and still perform and clear one full rotation. You can use a rhino on a spy mission for that matter.

So.. my point is simply put. It's your choice. Use whatever you want instead of asking for nerfs now and then and taking out the fun for other players with other play styles different from yours.

Which, I need to reinstate although I have a mesa I choose to play it differently. But if the Key holder wants a fast game. Then I can do what he wants too.

ok i  might as well break this down real quick.  You see the frames are not the problem here these 2 frames are just 2 of the easier ones to gear and figure out how well they combo.. The problem here is DE they fail to realize every frame is OP if used in the correct combo or situation this game will never attain an even balanace between frames because they are all OP at different things. What DE should be figuring out from the amount of players using mag and mesa is that people obviously like good synergizing combos between frames and use that to their advantage instead their nerfing things for absolutly no reason they could also take this data and figure out that most people enjoy endless mission types and only play the others when forced into them due to rewards.

Limbo, Ash, Vauben, choice

Cataclysm to protect

Vauben circle move (the one that makes them fly in one place) to stop enemies who get in the cataclysm

Ash bladestorm to murder everything going through their armor scaling better than Mesa.

Maybe a Hydroid or Frost for extra caution.

And that's an easy way you can use any frame you want.

Edited by (PS4)inuyasha279

FTFY2

If one member of your group is sitting in the same spot and you have to go back to that one member periodically to re-supply... You are camping.

The fact that you leave that camp to go kill mobs is a choice, you don't have to do that typically (maybe to set off life support)

The fact that you will have to return to it in order to get the drops off anything you killed isn't a choice... Because a GMag camped there.

The only thing that's missing from that camp is the t-shirt.

...And have fun with that copter plan after parkour 2.0 is released

You must be new to video games.  Because for the last few decades, camping has always meant staying in one spot for extended periods of time.  The only person camping in your example is Gmag.  If you're moving around the map and occcasionally stopping to get drops at a single location you are not camping.

I'm new to the forums so I don't know if this has been proposed before. When mag uses greedy pull why not just have the mods,creds, resources remain in place for other players? Like when you run over a mod and it remains there until someone picks it up.

On the last dev stream that's exactly what the devs said they were going to do.

Edited by Aggh

You must be new to video games. Because for the last few decades, camping has always meant staying in one spot for extended periods of time. The only person camping in your example is Gmag. If you're moving around the map and occcasionally stopping to get drops at a single location you are not camping.

On the last dev stream that's exactly what the devs said they were going to do.

That sorts out both gmag and mesa.

Edited by (PS4)Legendary_badguy

Energy restores seem fine imo, since you need to spend resources + credits to build and spam them. Trinity isn't too much of a problem since most if not all channeled abilities don't benefit from EV. I agree that GMag definitely needs something done with it.

There are plenty of people like myself that have hundreds of the things. I just think they need to be limited to 1 or 2 brought per mission. That way they can still be a nice emergency button but not something you can spam all mission.

The reason why I mention Trinity is because channeled abilities aren't the only AoE nukes that support camping. While Peacemaker is certainly the most effective, things like Miasma and Crush combined with Energy Vampire are exactly what people will fall back to if Peacemaker and Greedy Pull are nerfed.