Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's With All The Nerfing And Buffing Posts?

ShawnV2

Its just the result of the fact that only 30% of all frames and Weapons are viable in "lategame" whatever that means to you. Prime example would be the comparison between Ember and Saryn. Ember is a single element caster which is bad already as single elements dont do S#&$, her skills scale with too many different things to make good builds, her ultimate has limited chance to procc on enemies which is also bad etc. etc. Saryns ulti does like 6k corrosive dmg with 1 cast and pretty much melts everything below lvl 60 except bombards and napalms and even profits from negative duration.

Thats just the tip of the iceberg but you might get an idea.

Another thing is the fact that once the enemies hit a certain lvl, shield and hp become obsolete as your lifebar is binary displayable: dead or alive.

Is it just me or is every post nowadays about someone asking to nerf or to buff something? Or is this a normal occurrence in the forums?

[DE] can only do some thing so quickly. Changes to frames happen individually (at least, large ones), but everyone continues to compare frames to one another. For example, "Radial Blind was Nerfed, but Prism can still go through walls! Buff Excal or Nerf Mirage".

When people stop comparing frames that are at different stages of development to each other, and instead focus on making each frame good based on the gameplay, then we'll hear constructive reasons for changes (nerfs AND buffs). It will never be quiet though, because some people want to play their frames certain ways that aren't fully supported by that frame, so they want nerfs/buffs to suit their playstyle.

I'm an advocate of trying to encompass multiple playstyles on each frame, but sometimes it just doesn't fit.

IMO the continuous rebalancing of a game like Warframe is extremely important, since it's the only way to keep the gameplay varied and diverse in the long run. The worst thing that can happen to a game so based on stats is that the metagame stalls out and only a few pieces of gear end up ever used.  As such is the case, it really makes sense for players to request certain things made a bit stronger or a bit weaker.

Changing the stats of gear is not a bad thing at all. Games need to both be challenging (= no weapon/frame is too powerful) and diverse (= most weapons/frames are good enough to be used).

Why it would currently seem that there were more nerf/buff requests, I don't know. I can't say I really notice a difference compared to any other time a new frame is introduced or a major frame rework published.

Edited by tzaeru

Another problem is that it seems like inevitably when a piece of gear is suited for late game runs, someone at DE gets it in their head that it has to be nerfed into the ground.

This strikes some of us players as a little odd, beause on a few livestreams a while back, Steve stated explicitly that there were weapons and gear that are specifically intended for late game / endgame content.

Maybe he changed his mind?

DE responds to the vocal minority. Remember when excal gained LOS restrictions on radial javelin? That minority. In before mesa gets destroyed due to the vocal minority *@##$ing about balance in a PVE centric co-op game with no competition whatsoever, duh.

Edited by Skaleek

People are ignorant to see that this is a PVE game and not a Heavily based PVP game, and to make things more funny... Why are you wanting the frames that help so much to be nerf? 

Because most of them are just CoD kiddies that cry nerf when someone gets more kills than them.

Edited by -CM-AbsoluteZero

The game's pve is entirely separately balanced from pvp, anyways. People are whining that their team mates are too good and killing too fast, in a game where the goal is co operation and working together. That's literally how stupid people can be.

Edited by Skaleek

DE responds to the vocal minority. Remember when excal gained LOS restrictions on radial javelin? That minority. In before mesa gets destroyed due to the vocal minority *@##$ing about balance in a PVE centric co-op game with no competition whatsoever, duh.

People are ignorant to see that this is a PVE game and not a Heavily based PVP game, and to make things more funny... Why are you wanting the frames that help so much to be nerf? 

Eh.. This makes no sense at all.. Surely a co-op game or a singleplayer game can strive to be balanced just as much as a PvP game. We play games for sense of accomplishement and triumph. This sense can come from multiple of sources, like from finally having the RNG throw you a super-rare piece of gear. But how many were the sources, I think the primary source for most people is challenge and diversity. If the game isn't challenging, a lot of people will not play it. If the game has no viable diversity (one weapon much better than the rest, for example), then it'll quickly become stall.

Hence, Warframe needs balance, even if it's a PvE game. I want to contribute to the team and thus I don't want there being an overpowered set-up in the squad who does everything on his own. Sorry, but that's just boring.

Now, if someone likes getting new gear the most, they may care less about balance, since overpowered Frames/Weapons would be in their advantage as they allow grinding to happen faster. However, if one's primary source of fun is challenge and diversity, they need balanced Frames and Weapons.

Edited by tzaeru

Eh.. This makes no sense at all.. Surely a co-op game or a singleplayer game can strive to be balanced just as much as a PvP game. We play games for sense of accomplishement and triumph. This sense can come from multiple of sources, like from finally having the RNG throw you a super-rare piece of gear. But how many were the sources, I think the primary source for most people is challenge and diversity. If the game isn't challenging, a lot of people will not play it. If the game has no viable diversity (one weapon much better than the rest, for example), then it'll quickly become stall.

Hence, Warframe needs balance, even if it's a PvE game. I want to contribute to the team and thus I don't want there being an overpowered set-up in the squad who does everything on his own. Sorry, but that's just boring.

Now, if someone likes getting new gear the most, they may care less about balance, since overpowered Frames/Weapons would be in their advantage as they allow grinding to happen faster. However, if one's primary source of fun is challenge and diversity, they need balanced Frames and Weapons.

Yes so ask for buffs on the frames you use. Not nerfs on other frames. The enemies aren't getting weaker went they nerf other frames. Plus why do you guys have this mentality of, "If another guy is killing more than me, they should be nerfed," rather than, "I should get a buff to get the same amount of kills."

Yes so ask for buffs on the frames you use. Not nerfs on other frames. The enemies aren't getting weaker went they nerf other frames. Plus why do you guys have this mentality of, "If another guy is killing more than me, they should be nerfed," rather than, "I should get a buff to get the same amount of kills."

This makes just about as much sense as those posts saying balance doesn't matter in PvE.

Not only are we using the classing "you're just jealous" strawman, do you really think it's possible to balance a game without nerfing anything? I mean, it is, but it would require an unrealistic amount of work. First you'd have to buff everything up around whatever was going to get nerfed, then you'd have to buff enemies because they are now weak in comparison, and after all that you've arrived at quite literally the exact same spot you would have been in if you had just nerfed one thing in the first place.

This makes just about as much sense as those posts saying balance doesn't matter in PvE.

Not only are we using the classing "you're just jealous" strawman, do you really think it's possible to balance a game without nerfing anything? I mean, it is, but it would require an unrealistic amount of work. First you'd have to buff everything up around whatever was going to get nerfed, then you'd have to buff enemies because they are now weak in comparison, and after all that you've arrived at quite literally the exact same spot you would have been in if you had just nerfed one thing in the first place.

Except the fact that most frames aren't op past endgame. People are not complaining because the game is too easy. They are complaining because they don't like that their frame is weaker. Please enlighten me on what exactly is so op about Mesa, Excalibur, Gmag, or anything else that the forum has recently *@##$ed about. The answer you will find is that there is nothing op about them, people just don't like them because they can kill more effectively them others at low levels. Too bad, in late game, most of those frames fall off. If we had a frame that could one shot anything in this game, then sure nerf them, but we don't.

Edited by GuyOnCrack