Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Greedy Pull

(PSN)Crimson_Adonis

i know its a bit late to start ranting about this but if greedy pull is changed in any way then personaly (and i belive i may not be the only one who feels this way) there will be no use for mag the solo reason me or any clan mates ever use mag is for gpull i mean really pull by itself is useless what wait for teamates to be trying to take down enemies in a def mission or something just to their shock "oh look my target just went flying across the room" now everyones scrambling to find the targets and take em down when it is more logical to kill the targets then using gpull pull everything to the center so we can restock on ammo etc why even make the bloody mod if its going to be changed mag without gpull is in my opinion trash now i may be wrong in saying this but if gpull is changed i doubt many ppl would use mag as their warframe oif choice for any mission 

In the times where augment mods didn´t exist Mag was known for being a Corpus massive killer, shield polarize scales with their shields and can kill very though Corpus with ease. Also, her ult with the augment mod is pretty useful too.

People thinking Mag will be useless without Greedy Pull are just farmers that don´t play the game the way it's meant to.

Edited by Zaniux

shield polarize crush and all yea they are good but if you think about it they only go so far mag is built as more of a crowd control support frame replinish shields seperate large enemy forces (mainly in void) so that her and the team are not getting beat down and yes gpull is incredibly usefull instead of the team having to run around with their heads cut off trying to pick up drops and not get takken down in the process when instead mag can pull the drops away to a safe spot and everyone can restock i mean even with max vit max rederect and max armor mag can only handle so much damage and shield polarize can only do so much in that situation so yes gpull is one of mags greatest assets 

shield polarize can only do so much

Shield Polarize with Blind Rage removes 99.5% of Corpus shields, multiplies that amount by 4.975 and hits them with that much blast damage.  Given that most Corpus have as much if not more shields than health, Shield Polarize can wipe rooms at any level.  If you also have Shield Transference then Mag will have just gone up to 1200 Overshields too.

Shield Polarize with Blind Rage removes 99.5% of Corpus shields, multiplies that amount by 4.975 and hits them with that much blast damage.  Given that most Corpus have as much if not more shields than health, Shield Polarize can wipe rooms at any level.  If you also have Shield Transference then Mag will have just gone up to 1200 Overshields too.

Yeah seriously Shield Polarize Mag is amazing against any Corpus. As for current meta usage, Triton Neptune. 

"oh look my target just went flying across the room" now everyones scrambling to find the targets

And that's one point where you're wrong. I had that happen to me often enough with Greedy Mags. Not to mention when you're actually running around during an Interception to take back towers, want to restock on energy and ... oh, there it goes flying to the opposite site of the map. Yeah, great, well done, man. /s

soaOExL.gif

I'm not saying that turning Greedy Pull into Selfish Pull is the best idea to fix this problem, there are certainly better ones. But Mag is so much more than Greedy Pull - and Greedy Pull can be used much better (and to your teams advantage) than just standing in one spot and spamming it non-stop.

Also:

Thumbs down for massive run-on sentence T__T

This is not tumblr, please use punctuation marks. I'm certain your teachers would be ashamed if they could see those posts.

Edited by Bibliothekar

There is nothing wrong with the skill - it's how it's used that is the problem. Gpull IS great for farming - if that was th team agrement. But if some crazy person just runs into an Interception and starts Gpulling... that's dumb and wrong.

Furthermore - that NEVER HAPPENS. NOBODY is going into a random game and Gpulling. Gpulling is a team plan - people get together and form a team to specifically farm with Gpull. There is no sane player popping into games Gpulling "just because". never saw it - never happens. This is one of the reasons FOR Gpull. People who say "I hate Gpull cuz it pulls all the good stuff somewhere else..." are either delusional, or ran into some nut that is using the GMag to troll in-game. I have seen the same trolling with Valkyr, Vauban and Loki. That does not negate the usefulness of Gpulling or make it inherently "bad".

In a larger sense, Gpull is there for squads who want to take advantage of it - and if you don't you just don't join that squad. NOBODY in publc is using it - it is a Recruitment plan - prety much exclusively - and THAT's why there is so much hatred against it being nerfed. I can personally never understand how someone outside of my mission - who professes they don't like Gpull; who has a perfect CHOICE to use it or not. would have something to say about it. It isn't being forced on you, and you never have to play with anyone using it if you don't want to.

If someone is spamming / trolling Gpull - you can never play with them. You can stop playing with anybody for any reason, and form squads only based on your criteria - Gpull is NOT forced on anyone. That is another reason why Gpull should not be changed or nerfed. It cannot logically bother someone because they have the control over whether they ever see it! I know it will be anyways - but its better to say something than just quietly take it...

There is nothing wrong with the skill - it's how it's used that is the problem. Gpull IS great for farming - if that was th team agrement. But if some crazy person just runs into an Interception and starts Gpulling... that's dumb and wrong.

Furthermore - that NEVER HAPPENS. NOBODY is going into a random game and Gpulling. Gpulling is a team plan - people get together and form a team to specifically farm with Gpull. There is no sane player popping into games Gpulling "just because". never saw it - never happens. This is one of the reasons FOR Gpull. People who say "I hate Gpull cuz it pulls all the good stuff somewhere else..." are either delusional, or ran into some nut that is using the GMag to troll in-game. I have seen the same trolling with Valkyr, Vauban and Loki. That does not negate the usefulness of Gpulling or make it inherently "bad".

In a larger sense, Gpull is there for squads who want to take advantage of it - and if you don't you just don't join that squad. NOBODY in publc is using it - it is a Recruitment plan - prety much exclusively - and THAT's why there is so much hatred against it being nerfed. I can personally never understand how someone outside of my mission - who professes they don't like Gpull; who has a perfect CHOICE to use it or not. would have something to say about it. It isn't being forced on you, and you never have to play with anyone using it if you don't want to.

If someone is spamming / trolling Gpull - you can never play with them. You can stop playing with anybody for any reason, and form squads only based on your criteria - Gpull is NOT forced on anyone. That is another reason why Gpull should not be changed or nerfed. It cannot logically bother someone because they have the control over whether they ever see it! I know it will be anyways - but its better to say something than just quietly take it...

EDIT:

What would really upset you? GPull so that the whole team benefits? Or a GPull that only the Mag player benefits? What is that player combined a powerful Crush with G-pulling? What if they racked up kills and all tose juicy rewards went to only them? How IS the nerf going to work, when the rewards are always shared anyway? Will they take away shared rewards??? Selfish pull may not be what you want - but you might get more than what you wished for.

Another scenario is - let Mag do all the killing while you protet her, she G-Pulls the rewards... and you still have the same type of strategy. Is that what people want? What e have now sounds better than those altrnatives - but who knows what the nerf will be.. Im hoping for a reversal...

You haven't been to Stephano in PuGs for quite a while, have you ...

Yes i have - and even in PuGs you can see what people have and what they are doing before you start. Unless your talking about when you chose a mission and get transported into session already running. If that is the case - well you are the invader into a team who has decided to play that way. You took a chance by going blind into a situation, so you (not "you" you - just the examole of a random player) are wrong to complain about how they are playing. It isn't right or fair to drop into a mission that has already been running, and get all upset because they are playing a different way than you wanted it to be. In ay case, it was a team decision, and evidently you were out-voted. Now people in that situation want DE to over-rule the democracy in the game because they are not hgetting their way.

A solution that could work:

No Gpull in drop in games. Gpull can be used in invite only, friends only, recruited squads (have to code that in there) and solo - but not in Public games. So then people won't have to worry about seeing it in PuGs anymore but it will still be available to use in game styles if people choose and plan for it.