Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

By The Numbers: Conclave

DE_Adam

Here on By The Numbers we're all about sharing some of the stats that drive our decisions, whether it's an upcoming balance to a seemingly 'overpowered' weapon or much needed tweaks to a Warframe or playstyle.  These numbers are only a small part of a much bigger story, but they are essential in getting a better understanding of Tenno habits and where we best need to meet them.

This edition of By The Numbers takes a look at Conclave on PC.  We cover the popular abilities, weapons and Warframes that Tenno have been challenging each other with by order of Teshin -- although keep in mind these numbers have all been taken pre-Excalibur Rework.  Console owners can expect their Conclave stats to be revealed in a future edition of By The Numbers.

You can find the full report with all it's graph-based goodness here.  Let us know what you think!

-DE_Adam

there is one missing statistic - what % of all wf players is actually playing conclave

Approximately the same amount as people who do Archwing stuff regularly?...

"Deadliest weapon : Boltor prime" : why am I not surprised?... -_-

Edited by unknow99

Given the difference in skill required to use single-shot versus automatic weapons the gap between each weapon's kill count isn't as large as one would imagine.

With respect, that's not an assertion you can make before comparing kills over and under 15 meters; given that non-crit snipers (i.e. all of them in Conclave) are the best CQC shotguns in Warframe.

Pie chart is showing Frost Prime at 5% usage. This is impressively greater than Frost Prime's usage, at 2%.

Most impressive is his ninja skill to sneak into the chart twice. Never thought he was so stealthy.

Edited by Tain_OSkoom

Well this is a pretty worthless by the numbers. Most of that stuff they showed was what is the most used, nothing contributing to any sort of misbalance or anything. Of course the boltor prime and excalibur are the most popular, the boltor prime is arguable one of the easiest weapons to get, it sell for about a quarter of the cost on trade as the least expensive item in the store. And then the top three frames are two starters and a frame that is an easy farm that almost comes as a consolation prize from getting some neural sensors. 

How about some K/D stats, or something interesting like the amount of time sprinting or coptering?

Still feel like you're missing part of the big picture?

Yes.

there is one missing statistic - what % of all wf players is actually playing conclave

^ This.

Also, Median and Mean of K/D per frame and per player.

Edited by Chroia

This doesn't talk about any of the balance issuse like Valkyr being unfair compared to the rest of the frames. Or Bo Primes unfair mobility advantage. Or hek even mag Prime seems to be getting the spotlight with some of the hardcore players. And of course Excal will be the most popular he is the most picked starting frame.

"The only statistics you can trust are those you falsified yourself" - Winston Churchill

how many players per conclave match on average?

how many players are actually playing conclave at all? i dont.

~60k matches were played within 15 days. How many draco and/or ceres seimeni matches were played within those ~15 days?

Edit: those ~60k matches total only show that someone is actually playing conclave, but it says not how popular conclavePvP is at all

how many ppl stop playing conclave every day right after they hit the conclave syndiacte point cap?

Edit2: the statistic is pretty much worthless.

Edited by -ExT-Fraank

Now when people complain about me using Smite very often, I can shove something back at them. :D

Awesome.

I would like to know the percentage of players that actually play conclave though. I am sure it is very low.

I think the "deadliest weapon" (or warframe) statistic is highly misleading: Those numbers have to be seen in relation to use of said equipment.

If everyone except one guy used MK1 Braton, that weapon would be named #1 deadly weapon by that statistic. Even though that one guy kills 10 times as many players per match with a Skana.

This doesn't talk about any of the balance issuse like Valkyr being unfair compared to the rest of the frames. Or Bo Primes unfair mobility advantage. Or hek even mag Prime seems to be getting the spotlight with some of the hardcore players. And of course Excal will be the most popular he is the most picked starting frame.

Why do people say Valkyr is unbalanced in PvP then they don't give a reason why? Also Excalibur isn't the most popular because he is the most picked starting frame, he is the most popular because he has the most damaging power set making kills extremely easy to get with him.

i would like to see any or all of those, for pvp:

the sustained damage:deaths ratio per frame

average time alive for every frame

abilities:kills ratio

Guns:kills ratio 

melee:kills ratio

total damage per frame, segmented by abilities/guns/melee

please DE!

Edited by rockscl

I'd be curious to see how the percentages play out with weapons and frames rather than just the raw numbers.  Saying Excalibur racks up the most kills is useful only to indicate he's winning the popularity contest.  If we could get those rankings by kills / match, I'd wager that would be a lot more informative as to whether something is overpowered.  Popularity is a weak signal for effectiveness -- just look at all the geeks with no friends who wound up becoming millionaires. :P

If Boltor Prime is getting 10 kills/match and the MK-1 Braton is getting 1 kill/match but being used 10 times as much because it's easier to acquire, then we could say "boltor prime op" but just because it's the top rank in the raw numbers may just be a reflection of the fact that it is the most frequently equipped primary.  

Another stat I would love to see, though no doubt harder to come by, would be probability of getting a kill in an engagement with that weapon.  Which is to say, what is the probability that if a player starts shooting at someone with weapon X, they will actually score a kill.