Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Latest Information On Greedy Pull

DE_Adam

i fear the problem was more about increasingly lazy players than the greedy pull itself, that said i hardly used it over shield transference...

until you screwed shield transference... 

guess i'm gonna try the ultimate upgrade.

Woo, that's a load off my back. Now, as a Mag main, I won't have to worry about people expecting me to be useful or even carry my own weight above Jupiter or T2. Thanks, DE!

pull them together and then use "shield disruption" and you will deal damage scaling with level which is something very few frames can do

Good idea! Bye Draco, and good riddance!

Not at all. There are still other options once Mag gets the changes.

The end all be all solution would be to change the tileset's directives, which I'm almost certain won't be a simple task without impacting the game negatively.

pull them together and then use "shield disruption" and you will deal damage scaling with level which is something very few frames can do

Yes, I suppose it would be good to have a slower and more costly way of killing Crewmen and Moas rather than using Atomos or Amprex. Meanwhile, every actually threatening enemy (Ancient, Bombard, Heavy Gunner, etc) will be tearing me to shreds.

This seems like the most logical way to fix it. Wonder why DE never thought of that..

Because "logical solutions" and "DE" don't usually work together. Yeah, there's the developer bashing part of the ruleset of this forums, but sometimes when looking at your solutions I just grab my head and ask myself, how did you get Orokin super-weed out of Warframe universe. And I'm not the only one. You really like taking away toys from players while other things are left broken pretty much forever.

Mag still isn't useless. Greedy Pull will be useless for anything non-solo, but Mag is useful when people actually bother to look past "Gmag".

The one use Mag had was loot gathering, because every other role she could fill (support, nuker) is done better by other frames.

Prospective Plat sales theorized in the transaction of Mag Prime full sets and parts through trade Plummet...

Max efficiency squad setup discovery, implementation and "abuse" continues...

Lack of access to past events, quests, or lore in-game continues...

Lack of new/revision PVE mission-types, maps or cinematic presentation of lore in totality continues...

Slide spin attack and coptering (directly useful for combat and mobility) being minimized or removed for ability to bounce around and play leap frog with enemies...

No Dark Sector Conflicts for credits, quick fun or to test your most powerful setup against others. Instead replaced with a nanny state, keep it "fair",  no benefit to the Tenno or it's tools outside of the arena PVP implementation...

High Symbiosis Squad setups continually nerfed yet Teamplay continually pressured by modification of interceptions, addition of trails, endless grind, addition of ducat currency, addition super rare archwing elements and resources, Op and 100% accurate SLASH damage having sometimes invulnerable and invisible enemies, poison-leech-sticky-swarm annoyance H@LL.

Reeeeal Cool... Totally the vibe and atmosphere that got me hooked on this game... (let your sub-conscious add the "NOT" here)

Luckily many were great with Mag before GP was added and she is still good for selfish runs.

PBR and Ash P look great though :)

Yes, I suppose it would be good to have a slower and more costly way of killing Crewmen and Moas rather than using Atomos or Amprex. Meanwhile, every actually threatening enemy (Ancient, Bombard, Heavy Gunner, etc) will be tearing me to shreds.

Orokin Drone with its handy dandy shield dispenser says hi.

Mag says bye, and Polarize makes everything connected by those little blue lines explode.

Thanks, Orokin Drone!

Also... more costly than an Amprex, the poster child for What Ammo Efficiency?

The one use Mag had was loot gathering, because every other role she could fill (support, nuker) is done better by other frames.

Not the "scales infinitely" bit of the nuking. The enemy's shields go up; standard nukes stay constant. Fracturing Crush also does the work of two Corrosive Projections across a potentially massive area while providing some CC (and damage that works out very nicely when everything is missing its armor). Seeking Shuriken can't do that, Sonic Fracture can't do that. Saryn or Mesa can't turn everything with a touch of blue glow into a stain on the shiny gold-plated ground when the blue glow is to the tune of thousands upon thousands of shield points.

Orokin Drone with its handy dandy shield dispenser says hi.

Mag says bye, and Polarize makes everything connected by those little blue lines explode.

Thanks, Orokin Drone!

Also... more costly than an Amprex, the poster child for What Ammo Efficiency?

Not the "scales infinitely" bit of the nuking. The enemy's shields go up; standard nukes stay constant. Fracturing Crush also does the work of two Corrosive Projections across a potentially massive area while providing some CC (and damage that works out very nicely when everything is missing its armor). Seeking Shuriken can't do that, Sonic Fracture can't do that. Saryn or Mesa can't turn everything with a touch of blue glow into a stain on the shiny gold-plated ground when the blue glow is to the tune of thousands upon thousands of shield points.

This.

You get it so much it hurts. 

Edited by (PS4)TheYetiMan22

1) pull ragdolls enemies.

2) ragdolled enemies can't fire until they get back up

3) the shield of said crewmen and Moas will deal damage to whoever is near.

4) ... atomos? really? why not phage the viral skips shields altogether.

I feel that this is a step in the right direction as now I'm not limited to stupid cheese with Mag.

I really love Mag and don't get me wrong, but it's irritating when it becomes a mandatory requirement that all Mag's spam pull to collect items for their team.

Greedy pull took all the fun out of obliterating enemies with your other skills and guns while making you an even more of a press a button to win frame.

Cheers to Mag not being an even stupider one trick pony.

R.I.P Mag

7pMpZCU.jpg

Again.  Band-aids are never the solution.  I would understand if the playerbase numbers suddenly droppedt due to Draco but no...

This could of been better if she was only able to grab a number of resources at a time with a fixed duration..  Meaning she could pull 1(or pick your own number) of each resource then it's a 10 second wait until she can pull more items...but at the same time she can still use pull for CC reasons...

Edited by Ishki88

I don't agree with the upcoming change for greedy pull. If its just going to work for Mag then it is no longer worth the mod slot. Carrier is a better option in this case.

As mentioned I think giving her another augment would've been better. This change in no way will reduce people making use of lootcaves. It only makes it less convienient for us.

On the other hand I'm glad its having a change. Not because of the lootcaves but because the majority of greedy Mag users thought pull was all she was good for. While Mag is one of the few warframes where all her abilities are viable. I was getting pretty annoyed seeing Mags never use shield polarize in the void.