Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Latest Information On Greedy Pull

DE_Adam

=[ meh

really sad that DE chose this path, making Greedy Pull use LoS would have been a much better solution, she'd still be useful for the team, but wouldn't be stupid OP pulling loot thru walls

now she can still pull to her heart's content thru the terrain, but no one else will see it, yay, what a great solution =/ /sarcasm

instead of using this as an opportunity to adjust game mechanics more towards the ideal/balanced course, they've just completely removed any point in using greedy pull in teamplay at all =/

i will say however, that Adam is dropping some huge hints about this being a temporary band-aid fix but the info could be used at a later date for a more holistic overhaul, so one can only hope i guess, but hope runs thin after 2 years of wandering in the desert =/

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

Hm I quite like the augment simply for gathering resources at one spot. Can't you simply remove health/energy orbs from the pull "table"?

Not that the very first comment says that...

But the very first comment says that.

I believe this change is addressing the issue in a wrong way. What about rare items that are going to be all over the place for other players? Might as well not use Greedy Pull at all, since it would be useless for the team at this point.

Why don't you do something else instead? Like preventing energy gain from all sources when using a continuous ability like Peacemaker, Exalted Blade, Soundquake et similia? Or grabbing everything but Energy and Health orbs (Affinity still affected) like others suggested?

This way you only address the "OP synergy" that made Mesa and Mag the must-have combo for Draco and other farm places. Let all players in a team have an easier time at finding valuable items, not just Mag users.

This will just make Mag undesireable again, or have the side effect of seeing Mag-only lobbies.

Edited by Vintovka

I think the nerf makes it too undesirable to equip, making it more garbage-pile-ish. 

I would give it a 5%/10%/15%/20% Extra ammo/energy/health for items picked up with it for the caster to make it more worthy of the GREEDY moniker. 

Then I'd be OK with this nerf. 

So basically you guys learned NOTHING. As Mogamu said, there will ALWAYS BE A LOOT CAVE

I especially love how you made Mags most inviting team aspect TOTALLY useless for team play. But hey, she had fun for a little bit right? Might as well throw her back into the closet and forget about her again.

As someone who has played many many mmos I have to totally agree with this statement. The best solution to the issue would be to change the reason or method of the grind rather than instruments of this grinding

In our most recent Devstream we took the time to vocalize the current issues with Mag’s Greedy Pull, an Ability Mod intended to optimize Mag’s Pull with a bit of extra utility.  While we still believe there’s nothing wrong with Mag players giving their feet some rest Greedy Pull has created too many problems to be left alone.

Our current plans to adjust Greedy Pull are undergoing review and will include the following changes:

• Greedy Pull will only pull items for the Ability caster (like how Carrier's Vacuum only applies to the owner).
  • Greedy Pull will still pull items as it does now - no Line of Sight checks will be included.

As we monitor Greedy Pull’s future impact on gameplay we will continue to make adjustments as needed, including a review of the Mod’s LoS capabilities.  The time spent reviewing Greedy Pull has also given us a lot of insight into some errors in Ability / Item behavior interaction, and players can expect a future Hotfix to fix instances of the Carrier picking up other player’s items.

The time spent reviewing Greedy Pull and its effects on Warframe’s meta has been invaluable in helping us deliver an improved quality of life throughout Warframe’s future Updates. We recognize this is just one piece of a much larger gameplay efficiency puzzle that is yet to be fully solved. Thanks for your patience, Tenno!

-DE_Adam

Well, good job genius DE. You'll always think things through as usual, thank you for making Greedy Pull to work only on its owner. *sarcasm* (for all of the numbskulls out there that doesn't know sarcasm)

Now, just imagine that Mag can only pull loots for herself. What do you think will happen to all of those loot-hungry players?

Yes, you've guessed it right! Expect to see 3-4 Mags being in one mission, because they'll be focusing pulling loots for themselves.

The current state of Greedy Pull has a TEAMWORK in it, because you're pulling loots for EVERYONE.

If you're really going down this path, get ready for player complaints of 3-4 Mags in their missions for being GREEDY.

Edited by Vayne_Solidor

Glad they're doing more substantial things about the Lazyframe scourge this year and making life easier for those of us that choose to play the game as it was originally intended to be played instead of acting like Chinese Gold Farming bots in MMORPGs.

Edited by Ceryk

If I'm doing a farm of some sort, at least Trinities are easier to find at the drop of a hat than GP Mags. All this does is make it so we have to run around for loot again, and if I'm building a custom squad (for a particular farm, Draco or otherwise) to NOT invite anyone bringing along a Mag. As I'm sure lots of people will do. So for those who like to main Mag and were annoyed at being asked to Greedy Pull, I'm sure they will be relieved that they won't be asked to do so... Of course, that also most likely means that if they're not in a public match, there's a good chance that a lot of people won't ask them along at all. :)

Oh yeah, and one great use for GP was when the game spawns loot that falls off the world. How about you fix that problem too, DE? Been around a LOT longer than this GP "problem" and seems like a simple check to move loot that is in invalid locations to the nearest accessible valid location.

Edited by CedarDpg

I would love to see Greedy Pull work like Nova, -power str pushes and +power str pulls. 

Pretty sure with this change, Mag is going to go way on the back burner as far as frame usage. Such a heavy handed nerf. 

Except that its not abuse as the game was being played as intentional. Draco farms and the like arent the problem and they never have been, its the grind itself that shoehorns people into these farms

This is only half true. Abuse wasn't the best term as DE created every item and players are using them as able. However, the fact that you literally don't need anything more than a drinking bird and a paperweight to play the game, and that this works better than just about any playstyle intentionally encouraged by DE, isn't a good thing.

Draco farms are the result of grind, as you pointed out, but also because of badly designed systems.

I don't like it. I know GP posed problems in game flow due to it's corelation with Mesa's ulti, but it's not the proper solution. Main theme of this game suppose to be cooperation, and GP was very helpful with that. After change it's useless for team play. It would be better if you'd change Mesa. For instance, make her not take ANY energy during ulti, and extend starting/stopping animation, to prevent constant jumping on and off, just to pick up balls.