Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Latest Information On Greedy Pull

DE_Adam

My point here- I don't have an issue with ANY of these people being used to "grind" Draco or anything else- because they cannot go completely afk to do so. Mesa can.

I agree with every single part of that post except this. (And possibly the 'die and be reborn' bit.)

Speaking from first-hand experience when Viver was a thing, and secondhand experience in Draco and Stephano before GPull became a thing (since I always ended up being the Trinity...):

This statement is inaccurate.

(Assuming that the player isn't using a literal 'drinking bird',) Mesa is the only frame that can go AFK without using macros, I'll grant you that.

But any frame that can substitute can afk and 'win the game', if they have some kind of macro (Heck, don't even need a macro, just 2 screens) and team support.

Regardless, +1.

Edited by Chroia

I agree with every single part of that post except this. (And possibly the 'die and be reborn' bit.)

Speaking from first-hand experience when Viver was a thing, and secondhand experience in Draco and Stephano before GPull became a thing (since I always ended up being the Trinity...):

This statement is inaccurate.

(Assuming that the player isn't using a literal 'drinking bird',) Mesa is the only frame that can go AFK without using macros, I'll grant you that.

But any frame that can substitute can afk and 'win the game', if they have some kind of macro (Heck, don't even need a macro, just 2 screens) and team support.

Regardless, +1.

The key difference to me between a nuke frame + Trinity/Energy Restores, and GMag+Mesa, is that while mesa and gmag can BOTH set up a macro and afk it, a nuke frame using restores has to pay close attention if they're gonna sit in place and grind, and if there is a Trinity instead then at least ONE person (the Trinity) has to actively interact (actually looking for and targeting enemies with EV).

1) The key difference to me between a nuke frame + Trinity/Energy Restores, and GMag+Mesa, is that while mesa and gmag can BOTH set up a macro and afk it, 2) a nuke frame using restores has to pay close attention if they're gonna sit in place and grind, and 3) if there is a Trinity instead then at least ONE person (the Trinity) has to actively interact (actually looking for and targeting enemies with EV).

2)

Nope.

25 energy per cast. 1 cast per # seconds.

Divide energy pool by energy to get  number of casts, with a safety margin as you like, multiply by cast interval.

Give the restores a hotkey, note their size and pulse frequency (e.g. Large pulses for 100 energy, 1 on placemant + 3 with an 8 second interval).

Add in a manual or macro'ed 'use' every X seconds/uses, as indicated by the above math.

Can be trivially automated or absently clicked while browsing facebook (or whatever).

1)

As opposed to 'nuker' (Saryn, Excal, etc.) frames, 'channeling' (Mesa, Mirage, etc.) frames can't (as trivially) just macro and afk (because no energy gain while channeling).

3)

Yes, Trinity needs to interact.

If's the hardest Edit: by far the most demanding part of the pre-GP era Draco comp.

Still can't trivially afk with Mesa, as per above.

Edited by Chroia

As much as I advocate anti-macro farm, and hardcore camping in general, DE...

....this is not the solution.

It's a CO-OP game, for heaven's sake! How about we just make it unable to pull orbs?

exactly! that would have been the most perfect and simple solution.

I really wonder why this has not been chosen in order to solve this problem.

Peacemaker IS the problem. The problem is the fact that she can put a piece of duct tape on her mouse, walk away from the computer, and beat the game. It's not that peacemaker is OP. Not to mention that in actual NON FARM GAMEPLAY it has issues as well- such as: Butcher is smacking Mesa, Mesa is almost dead, Mesa decides to shoot literally every one of the other 10 enemies at a distance not even attacking her before shooting this Butcher, Mesa is now dead. Just admit it, you guys just do not want to lose your 1 button hold to win skill.

Haha, another guy who doesn't know what he's talking about. Since around 16.8 mesa peacemaker triggers anti-afk and you can't even spam X to pick up stuff, you must leave peacemaker to X or roll/ jump around.

Proof : http://gfycat.com/RecklessFrankAmphibian

So while you're at it, just make hydroids pilfering swarm and nekros desecrate only spawn the second loot for the caster. Sarcasm*. All this is doing is upsetting the people who know how to farm resources efficiently and as a squad.

It isn't stopping mag from keeping all the players in one place and a run getting boring. It's just making resources all that more tiresome to farm.

This isn't a nerf it's pretty much a rework. A nerf would have been to shorten the range drastically or to increase energy cost. I'm thoroughly impressed with warframe still, but this decision not so much.

Haha, another guy who doesn't know what he's talking about. Since around 16.8 mesa peacemaker triggers anti-afk and you can't even spam X to pick up stuff, you must leave peacemaker to X or roll/ jump around.

Proof : http://gfycat.com/RecklessFrankAmphibian

Yes. I have no idea what I'm talking about. Because it's totally not possible to set up a timed macro to leave peacemaker, shoot a couple times or move around to avoid afk before it kicks in, then go back to peacemaker and continue.

All I can say is "Darn it now we have to actually move around and play the game to get stuff." Entitlement is equated to sheer laziness folks. If you want nice things work for them, don't stand in a corner and press one button. "Oh my god but the grind is too hard." Have you played ANY f2p game? Because it certainly does not sound like it. "Why should we have to actually run around and use guns? This is so stupid." SMH this is why I say power spam has virtually ruined Warframe.

The following are precise quotes from various posts and I'm not directly quoting to avoid name shaming or wtf ever they call it. Tell me these don't appear childish and infantile.

well i guess its time for people to go dust off their trinitys

Poor farmers #sarcasm

I enjoy power farming or whatever you call it as a part of warframe, I don't want to be constently running all over the map to get loot

Too lazy to actually enjoy your play time playing the game the way it is meant to be played?

Woo, that's a load off my back. Now, as a Mag main, I won't have to worry about people expecting me to be useful or even carry my own weight above Jupiter or T2. Thanks, DE!

Hate to go here but "Get good Scrub" "Right tool for the right job" Oh and "We among the faction known as the Corpus appreciate your lack of knowledge about Mag and hope your self imposed ignorance remains in perpetuity."

The one use Mag had was loot gathering, because every other role she could fill (support, nuker) is done better by other frames. 

Hey, please feel free to simply keep your mouth shut as you obviously don't know who to take where and what works well. Please note that Mag is the ONLY FRAME THAT HAS DAMAGE SCALING TO MATCH THE ENEMIES WE FACE IN INFINITE VOID RUNS AND CAN LITERALLY 1 SHOT AN ENTIRE THIRD*possibly more but I hate math and of course explaining the AOE on shield polarize to those that refuse to pay attention*(barring nullifiers ofc, don't be obtuse) OF THE ENEMIES IN SAID CONTENT.

In short Mag is great, Lazy players should leave. Nasty attitude of spoiled brats the lot of you.

Edited by geninrising

Truth to be told, i'm a little sad of this "nerf" to gpull. I know, it's the most spammed and abused ability and you obviously want to balance it. Still, mag is a great frame for corpus missions. It wouldn't hurt to rollback the changes on Shield Transferrence, i really miss my dome :( 

Only change g pull needed was one to make it less efficient. Maybe additional energy cost per piece of loot pulled which would be affected by efficiency.

Also reading through this thread has me worried that people don't actually know what afk farming really is...

Congrats DE on successfully killing the mod without fixing the real issues! Added bonus is that DE won't have to monitor anything because gpull and Mags use is going to drop through the floor.

This is exactly what I've come to expect and I'm glad I wasn't let down.

Edited by f3llyn

...you really believe that Mesa+Gmag was the only viable tactic on Draco?

Haha, say hello to reworked Frosts, Saryns and other nukers we used long before, also, Trinity with EV is coming back...

Mag is going back to the dumpster once again, I could understand not grabbing energy for entire team (and that would pretty much be the solution) as health and ammo are viable for other tactics than Draco camping, but well, imho, you went overboard with the nerf.

Farewell Mag, you are going to be completely useless once again.

That's typical for DE's Modus Operandi. Nothing new there.

the new star chart will fix this...

Wishful thinking at best. Removing nodes from the start chart won't remove useless bloat from the drop tables or increase affinity gain or increase drop rates for things we actually want.

You know? The things that DE has gone out of their way to hide more and more as we get more updates? They don't actually see it as a problem despite the fact that we've been complaining about these issues for 2 and a half years.

Edited by f3llyn

Thank you DE, no more chasing Greedy Mag just to grab ammo.

Also got rather annoying being told to stay close to the Gmag in survivals, which meant standing in one spot. If I ran to actually *gasp* kill something I'd get reprimanded by the squad.

There were "good" Greedy Mags, but overall they were damaging for the community and the game.

There are other reasons to stay close to your team mates in survival, like the fact that it speeds up mob spawns and makes it easier to revive your team mates if one goes down.

But who wants to work with the team in a team oriented game right?

The people who are unequipped are the ones abusing this- it's the veteran players who are complaining about it. You have it ENTIRELY backwards...

False. I consider myself a veteran (I really hate the use of that word as people use it in warframe), I've been playing the game longer than most, and I'm not complaining about it.

That's mostly because I recognize (as a veteran) that the real issue isn't the farming tools but the reward system itself which is broken and has been for the majority of the last 2 and a half years. Since the very moment they put in the card mod system. The farming tools are what we use to cope with the S#&$ we're given. 

But then, according to your profile you weren't even around back then so you wouldn't know that.

Also high mastery rank doesn't make you a veteran, it just means you play a lot.

False. I consider myself a veteran (I really hate the use of that word as people use it in warframe), I've been playing the game longer than most, and I'm not complaining about it.

That's mostly because I recognize (as a veteran) that the real issue isn't the farming tools but the reward system itself which is broken and has been for the majority of the last 2 and a half years. Since the very moment they put in the card mod system. The farming tools are what we use to cope with the S#&$ we're given. 

But then, according to your profile you weren't even around back then so you wouldn't know that.

Also high mastery rank doesn't make you a veteran, it just means you play a lot.

"Cope with the S#&$ we're given." There's no time limit on the game- you have forever to do things. Nothing is making you resort to drastic measures to get anything in this game. The only time people resort to these "drastic measures" is when they decide they "NEED" everything instantly.

According to my profile I have been playing for 10-11 months. Mastery Rank doesn't mean ANYTHING AT ALL anymore SPECIFICALLY because of the issue we're discussing. Draco has killed ALL meaning in it. You can literally get MR19 now with less than 24 hours of playtime- yes, you can believe it or not. I'm not claiming I'm a "veteran" because I'm high MR and I'm not using it because I think I'm pro/elite. I'm saying it because I have a LOT of playtime (~1000 hours or so in game last I checked), and having thoroughly experienced most of what the game has to offer I feel I can offer a pretty objective view on things. Things that people who want everything and things that people who have everything both feel- I feel. People that have a mountain of "grind" left, and people with nothing to do- I've felt both of those. I'm digressing on this statement, but people who do Draco and level everything in the game within a week don't get both experiences.

The problem is not the "farm", the problem is not the "farming tools", the CORE of the problem lies in the fact that everyone SEES it as a farm- when it is not. It is a game that is meant to be slowly savored and enjoyed over time- not rushed through to set a world record.