The Latest Information On Greedy Pull

These changes will ruin the coop benefits of Greedy Pull, in a coop focused game. I don't think the augment will serve any role anymore of it only affects 1 player. Why not instead remove the pulling of energy for Mag, since that would be considered the broken mechanic (using energy to gain more energy)?

Thank you DE, no more chasing Greedy Mag just to grab ammo.

Also got rather annoying being told to stay close to the Gmag in survivals, which meant standing in one spot. If I ran to actually *gasp* kill something I'd get reprimanded by the squad.

There were "good" Greedy Mags, but overall they were damaging for the community and the game.

Horrible decision. Make it LoS-cone based instead, like Pull is.

Gpull was the only thing Mag could bring to the table (the shield polarize is amazing, but you won't encounter good mags in the wild. Besides, if it needs to be killed, Mesa can kill it.).

Edited by drx9280

While I'm glad some changes have been made, I feel removing the ability to pull energy/health would have been the better option. :/

^ Absolutely THIS ^

This is the only real solution i could see. Also ammo and resurces must be collectible for the whole team. Greedy enough.

Edited by -CM-Angus

I worry that if I take Mag into a mission with these proposed changes other players are going to have concerns that the player in the Mag is only there to "leech" the loot and not do as much as they are with contributing to the overall mission. I do not think that this is a healthy change for the game and could cause some players to disdain Mag.

As others have said, it kinda goes against the idea that this is a co-op game - why should one player be able to use a power like the proposed greedy pull to benefit from other players work?

I feel that the best soloution for greedy pull in the meantime is just to remove it and introduce a new augment mod for Mag and allow more time for greedy pull's future to be decided - instead of ripping the band aid-slowly, just yank it off. It makes me sad to say this, given how much use I have gotten from this mod in the past but I feel that it would be a better choice for the game as there is no easy way to change this mod.

Now while I feel that removing greedy pull could be the better choice here (and more controversial), I still believe that other warframes could fill the void of "loot pulling machine" and perhaps Vauban could get an augment that would allow vortex to have a greater radius for pulling loot, albeit at a much shorter range compared to Mags current greedy pull. This way a new augment for Mag could give her a new purpose and use in co-op and there would still be a "farming" warframe that could help to pull loot, though not as effective or conveniently as greedy pull.

I know a lot of players may hate the idea I put forward here so take it easy on me. :)

I worry that if I take Mag into a mission with these proposed changes other players are going to have concerns that the player in the Mag is only there to "leech" the loot and not do as much as they are with contributing to the overall mission. I do not think that this is a healthy change for the game and could cause some players to disdain Mag.

As others have said, it kinda goes against the idea that this is a co-op game - why should one player be able to use a power like the proposed greedy pull to benefit from other players work?

I feel that the best soloution for greedy pull in the meantime is just to remove it and introduce a new augment mod for Mag and allow more time for greedy pull's future to be decided - instead of ripping the band aid-slowly, just yank it off. It makes me sad to say this, given how much use I have gotten from this mod in the past but I feel that it would be a better choice for the game as there is no easy way to change this mod.

Now while I feel that removing greedy pull could be the better choice here (and more controversial), I still believe that other warframes could fill the void of "loot pulling machine" and perhaps Vauban could get an augment that would allow vortex to have a greater radius for pulling loot, albeit at a much shorter range compared to Mags current greedy pull. This way a new augment for Mag could give her a new purpose and use in co-op and there would still be a "farming" warframe that could help to pull loot, though not as effective or conveniently as greedy pull.

I know a lot of players may hate the idea I put forward here so take it easy on me. :)

I really like the ideas you proposed.

I hope that they fix they a weird bug with greed pull, in which sometimes it would not pull items at all. Its usually temporary but really annoying when you're wasting energy trying to pull items.

While I'm glad some changes have been made, I feel removing the ability to pull energy/health would have been the better option. :/

It would've been a better change to counter Mesa, but honestly it'd still just make Mag mandatory for farming groups so long as you can set up one "safe" area (like min-Range Cataclysm) for everyone to hole up in.

+1

After this goes into effect Mag will be the ONLY frame that is not welcome on my squads.  It does not eliminate the annoying aspects that pull creates and there is no way to know if the player is a leech or not.  At least, before there was a synergy between Mag and the team. 

Edited by (PS4)geb9696

This. Now you can't even take her for Resource Farm and it's getting a Mark-every-rare-Resource Fest again.

It would've been a better change to counter Mesa, but honestly it'd still just make Mag mandatory for farming groups so long as you can set up one "safe" area (like min-Range Cataclysm) for everyone to hole up in.

Farming groups will still exist regardless of whether they have to run around a bit more to do it. When someone's killing everything en masse every few seconds, or mass CC stunlocking them, it's trivial to run outside, pick up loot, and go back to the camp.

Now the augment will be useless for team play outside of survivals (life support), so now we've gone from people using Mag everywhere to people thinking (falsely, but a lot of people generally don't seem to understand their warframes to begin with) she's worthless.

Honestly, I just want loot to be shared pickup in general, as I've stated; easier to process one set of loot than four full iterations (hi, Void lag), Greedy Pull would be useful outside of solo, laggy connections wouldn't suffer as much from, say, seeing three gold mods hovering in front of their faces.

I actually quite liked using Greedy Pull on the move, to set up a supply train that's always where the action is, but, well... this is why we can't have nice things.

These changes will ruin the coop benefits of Greedy Pull, in a coop focused game. I don't think the augment will serve any role anymore of it only affects 1 player. Why not instead remove the pulling of energy for Mag, since that would be considered the broken mechanic (using energy to gain more energy)?

Trinity uses energy to gain more energy as well and it is one of it's core usefulness.

I understand the reasoning behind changing GP but it will result in Mag going to the back of the inventory like it was before GP.

This. Now you can't even take her for Resource Farm and it's getting a Mark-every-rare-Resource Fest again.

Welp, whoop-de-doo.

It's not like games should be at least somewhat challenging.

These changes will ruin the coop benefits of Greedy Pull, in a coop focused game.

That's the point, all it brought to the table was stupid abuse and now it's gone.

Really though, do you need a coop-focused game or a macro-infested cheese fest?

Horrible decision. Make it LoS-cone based instead, like Pull is.

Gpull was the only thing Mag could bring to the table (the shield polarize is amazing, but you won't encounter good mags in the wild. Besides, if it needs to be killed, Mesa can kill it.).

Won't remove abuse potential. No, the decision is just fine.

Bringing up Mesa in an argument about Mag shows just how flawed and imbalanced their interaction is because effectively Gmag is worthless without a Mesa to feed.

Now the mag will be crap

Now there's reason for the developers to actually put some work in improving her without the fear of any changes being ultimately ignored because Greedy Pull is a thing.

Well, was a thing.

Trinity uses energy to gain more energy as well and it is one of it's core usefulness.

I understand the reasoning behind changing GP but it will result in Mag going to the back of the inventory like it was before GP.

Again, here's hoping that she will be looked at again in the future.

It's a single step in the right direction, not a definitive answer.

I don't care either way about whether changes have been made or not.

^ That is the change that should have been made.

Do you think the Greedy Pull change is sufficient?

-> Other.

* The 'selfish' neuters its team utility, as it not longer lets you concentrate your party if people want to pick up mods, ammo, orbs.

Further, it can't be used 'on the move' as a rally point, again, dispersing the group.

- This, to me, makes it extremely niche: I'm not going to be using it unless solo. And I have frames better suited (a ha ha) to anything than Mag is.

* The 'no LoS' I thought was an intended feature. It'd take less time to manually pick up the sutff (especially with a Carrier) than it'd take to run around trying to get LoS. Unless you're, you know, standing in a single spot with the best LoS you can get. Because no one ever does that (currently).

Removing it would move the augment from 'niche' straight to 'trash tier'.

+ The change that should have been made (unless mechanically unfeasible) was simply to remove energy orbs from the 'stuff pulled'. Or have those made 'selfish' only.

Edit:

For reference, I'm not saying that Mag is bad.

She's good at what she does, which is nuke shielded stuff. When there aren't Nullifiers around.

I just did 50% of the group damage and ~70% of the group kills in a 1h T4S. Good times were had by all.

Further, her 1 has amazing CC for a 1st (though targetting the bouncing buggers can be a pain),

her 3 can be either a death sentence (for your target) or a reprieve (for your group),

and her 4 is decent enough CC.

Not a bad kit, mechanically.

Edited by Chroia

If they wanted it to not be the most spammed ability in the game, all they really needed to do was make it pull all the loot to you in one shot instead of 3-4. Ta-da, doesn't need spammed constantly anymore. If they wanted to break farms, they need to fix the grind. We still have plates, Trinity and Limbo.

Mag will still be useful as a nuker against shielded enemies, but will never be taken because AMD can outright kill anything and Nova can Slow/speed the enemies up as well as doubling the rest of the team's damage. Just like she was basically non-existent before this augment, she again returns to mastery fodder.

RIP Mag 2015. Also, RIP my polymer bundles.

Edited by Racter0325

I think it's a change, I never really used GP in the first place so I can't say whether it is good or bad but it seems a bit questionable to remove the team based aspect of a power in a co op game.

Yeah, they could've made it somehow optional, so players that didn't want to be affected by GP wouldn't be, but the rest could benefit from GP if they wanted to.

In the same vein, they should hurry up and make Trinity's Blessing and Energy Vampire only work solo instead of partywide to remove her usefulness in farming. Wonder how long until the whiners' next period is... Angst and PMS to nerf Trinity incoming. ;)

Edited by CedarDpg