Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Latest Information On Greedy Pull

DE_Adam

Yeah, they could've made it somehow optional, so players that didn't want to be affected by GP wouldn't be, but the rest could benefit from GP if they wanted to.

In the same vein, they should hurry up and make Trinity's Blessing and Energy Vampire only work solo instead of partywide to remove her usefulness in farming. Wonder how long until the whiners' next period is... Angst and PMS to nerf Trinity incoming. ;)

That would be entirely pointless to her support kit and drive her to the ground overall. That's the point of those two abilities, healing and energy support gain.

I think it's a change, I never really used GP in the first place so I can't say whether it is good or bad but it seems a bit questionable to remove the team based aspect of a power in a co op game.

Exactly this nerf goes against very idea of team play, GP has only ONE use in game farming for resouces(especially rare ones) and mods since while mag abilities have their uses they arent useful every where, so additional energy for her isnt that need, no one really will want to bring mag with them to void since she isnt that useful in team.

I never really did draco farming(until last tactical alert that made every run without frames like mesa or ash, hour long grind >_>, irony is that when doing this alert I encountered other frames that can be good support mesa, like for example limbo, actually many times after each round I would check around map for energy drops and return to shooting possition before next round started and still would have energy for mesa ult) but I always liked having gmag in the team since filled support role team pretty great, I always known where to find ammo or energy when I really needed it, and now only support frame we will be left with will be trinity

Now instead of being able to stand in one spot the entire mission mindlessly clicking left mouse, Tenno have to occasionally stop to drop an energy restore.

crying-indian-o.gif

My thoughts are with you in these harrowing times, you poor babies. In the mean time, why not try Cookie Clicker?

Well i don`t care if others agree or dissagree but most of those that wanted greedy pull nerf are mostly people that didn`t play the game enough... ofcourse  simple minded people see the skill as OP, abused, etc... why not solve the other issues that make people abuse it? duh... i personally like having a greedy mag in squad because it`s easyer to get loot and that way i can take a more usefull  sentinel/ kubrow with me instead of the old stupid carrier that buggs almost every mission... from what i read on forum people complain about draco a lot meaning they are mostly players that joined the game soon after or a little before greedy pull was added and  don`t know that draco was abused even before that ... i apologize for my bad english.

Now instead of being able to stand in one spot the entire mission mindlessly clicking left mouse, Tenno have to occasionally stop to drop an energy restore.

crying-indian-o.gif

My thoughts are with you in these harrowing times, you poor babies. In the mean time, why not try Cookie Clicker?

or just get a trinity in there... 

Well now mag is no longer a team player. I guess she really is going away *tears* I dont get why everyone saying "good" & " THANK YOU" While getting pull is getting nerfed so that she only pulls to herself is kinda selfish. Now theres really no need for Mag at all. Nor the sets we all been farming for when she leaves. Nobody not gonna want her now. When no one used her. There was no need for Mag. Now when everyone used her. Your nerfing mag one last good thing. I guess she goes right along with Limbo in the useless pile. I cant get through one game without someone saying "quit it Limbo" & i love using him. Well DE this new Ying Yang better be something and not good for however long & nerf his ability when players get creative in defending or surviving. R.I.P Mag. You will be missed

In our most recent Devstream we took the time to vocalize the current issues with Mag’s Greedy Pull, an Ability Mod intended to optimize Mag’s Pull with a bit of extra utility.  While we still believe there’s nothing wrong with Mag players giving their feet some rest Greedy Pull has created too many problems to be left alone.

Our current plans to adjust Greedy Pull are undergoing review and will include the following changes:

• Greedy Pull will only pull items for the Ability caster (like how Carrier's Vacuum only applies to the owner).
  • Greedy Pull will still pull items as it does now - no Line of Sight checks will be included.

As we monitor Greedy Pull’s future impact on gameplay we will continue to make adjustments as needed, including a review of the Mod’s LoS capabilities.  The time spent reviewing Greedy Pull has also given us a lot of insight into some errors in Ability / Item behavior interaction, and players can expect a future Hotfix to fix instances of the Carrier picking up other player’s items.

The time spent reviewing Greedy Pull and its effects on Warframe’s meta has been invaluable in helping us deliver an improved quality of life throughout Warframe’s future Updates. We recognize this is just one piece of a much larger gameplay efficiency puzzle that is yet to be fully solved. Thanks for your patience, Tenno!

-DE_Adam

That's unfortunate.

Mag's Pull should be switched as third ability.

Bullet Attractor should be removed (Since it is pretty useless except maybe in very high level content... in particulary RARE occasions).

A new first ability should be added.

Then reduce the cool-down on Pull to make it more like a team ability (And then don't affect Greddy Pull if it is on re-use) to make it NOT SPAM.

Problem solved WITHOUT changing the rôle of Mag in teamplay and keep the usage of the Syndicate Mod.

If you percist to go in the nerf way on anything (and i'm not a user of GMag) this will lead us to play only few frames in the future.

I want to be free to chose what frame i use and when i want to.

All those nerfs based on the whinning of players that have been unable to understand the game mechanics. That's not the way to take things DE, not at all.

Oh I'll still bring a Mag along...

She can pull the loot towards herself and tell us if anything nice has dropped... If not we'll just stand there with Frost, Mesa & Trinity and carry on our business as usual.

Nerfing GPull was short sighted... But I suppose its trial & Error.

While something needed doing, this seems like a massive overreaction to me, completely wiping out Mag's team role as far as pull is concerned. I personally think something more along the lines of reducing range and making the item pull of greedy pull actually obey Pull's cone, rather than acting independently would have been a more acceptable change, though that may not be heavy handed enough.

Kinda kills the the COOPERATION aspect of this supposedly COOP game. Just saying. I mean this is a slippery slope. Next will be Snowglobe only affecting Frost. Or Blessing only affecting Trinity. I know I'm reaching, it's an augment not the base ability, blahblahblah, but still, food for thought devs... This could devolve into something very ugly.

Edited by Marthrym

crying-indian-o.gif

Yeah :/

Though to be fair, a lot of Tenno are somewhat spoiled. Which is something DE is partially to blame for.

At any rate, mag is still fine imo. But then I was never part of the Gmag crew, aside from using it occasionally in random missions. So I never got that attached to it :/ . (side note, I don't use carrier either, Wyrm for life :P)

After thinking, all that's going to happen now is -range +duration modded Cataclysm with Mesa and Trinity. The rift has a significant impact on mesa's drain rate and makes the whole team "invincible" meanwhile mesa can just pause firing for 2 seconds (safe in the rift) and trinity casts vampire on a target outside the rift. All that's going to happen is we trade off some ease of use in order to gain invincibility since Mesa no longer needs to pick up orbs.