The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Double Credit Weekend Highlights A Big Problem We're All Aware Of

(PSN)B0XMAN517

Because it's double credit weekend, instead of just playing the game, everyone and their mama is farming credits. That in itself is not a problem, the problem is how you award credits. You could code enemies to no longer drop credits and many wouldn't notice. Don't bother checking lockers because you're just wasting time. It's all about how fast can we finish the mission that rewards the most credits. So we have the 4 go to places for credits (I'm not including loot cave style mod farming and selling).

t4 capture, exterminate, mobile defense (if you picked the wrong syndicates), and pluto dsd.

The ideal place of the 4 being capture because you don't have to go through that annoying process of playing the game; just ignore all enemies, kill your targets, and leave with 100k (booster).  It's all about finishing the mission as fast as possible, bypassing everything the developers worked on.

This is bad for the player and it's bad for you. It increases burn out (if you're going after credits why would you not choose the mission that rewards 100k every 3-5 min again and again) and it keeps people in 2 places DSD and the void. If the difference in credits of the aforementioned locations and the rest of the star chart was close this wouldn't be an issue, but they're not even in the same ballpark.

After the last update (maybe 2 ago) you've made it even worse. Sechura is the go to place for many people as there's no key required and all you have to do is make five waves and bam 100k credits (with booster), but you get more credits based on how many people extract with you. That means if 3 people leave at 5 and I stay to 30 those 3 people made more credits off that mission. That's insane.

The solution to this is simple. Credits should be more of a reward for playing the game, enemy drops, crates, lockers, mini bosses, syndicate squads (that kinda thing). Many Tenno don't see the point in staying past their desired rotation so make higher level enemies drop more credits. You have some very well hidden areas, maybe they should have a chance to drop more credits than normal ones. Basically reward game play not just finishing a mission and extracting. 

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go to sechura with my mesa and play some witcher 3 on my laptop.

I would strongly advise against using void keys for farming credits, a new prime is coming and you want to blow it when ash gets released.

The credit rewards should be scalable, if you do endless missions longer you get more credits. You ( as in teamkills ) kill more enemies you get more credits. You spam greedy pull/pacemaker and extract on wave 5 you should get barely anything.

I do hope something will change about credits when starchart changes.

Edited by Ognj

I would strongly advise against using void keys for farming credits, a new prime is coming and you want to blow it when ash gets released.

The credit rewards should be scalable, if you do endless missions longer you get more credits. You ( as in teamkills ) kill more enemies you get more credits. You spam greedy pull/pacemaker and extract on wave 5 you should get barely anything.

what this guy said

credit farming is best ran on high teir planets - Pluto - Ceres etc on DS defense 

if you assemble the right team you can farm 92k credits in under 3 minutes

i also agree with his credit scaling 

This is one of the things I'm hoping they'll adress when they blow up the star chart. As we all know, the void is the best place to get... everything. I'm hoping that in the future, credits will be gathered/earned in a different way.

I would like a heist style mission. Something like Spy but with one large elaborate vault you need to get through.

It probably shouldn't reward much more or be on par with the current DS missions. But it would at least be an side option to boring defense farming.

I would like a heist style mission. Something like Spy but with one large elaborate vault you need to get through.

It probably shouldn't reward much more or be on par with the current DS missions. But it would at least be an side option to boring defense farming.

This is kind of what I had hoped spy 2.0 was going to be

i hope this is implemented soon it such a good idea.

I miss the early days of when the void was introduced and we got rewards like 500k etc. and sometimes even in the millions, if I remember correctly. Never noticed it until some guy pointed it out after grinding loads of keys together. I was a millionaire o_O

Edited by Naith