The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fair Question Regarding Trade Bans

Coach-Aprax

Why in the name of ´´whatever god you believe in´´ people trades are suspended for ´´unbalanced trades´´. And please don´t send me to the support because I just came from there! Did DE ever heard of Giveaways and Dojo Battle Contets?I also want to see where are the trading rules and the price list for every tradeable item in game so we don´t make ´´unbalanced trades´´!

***This is just a recent example.

Ylz9iFs.jpg

Edited by Coach-Aprax

Huh?

I'm surprised support would even consider that.  Given they're currently overworked as is, opting to become the arbiter of trade balance is insanity.  It's insanity even if they weren't overworked, simply because it's so much to keep up with.

I suspect there's more to this then you're telling.

Curious, never ran into that before.

Do you have an example you can share?

Sure! Some person was banned from trading because he won a contest which rewarded him with 1500 plat and a volt prime set! Or some person hosted a contest where he gave away prime access and alot of platinum :) 

Was the trade tried multiple ways, like giving half the plat at a time? Or did the winner even have enough credits to cover trade tax? Even if clan tax is 0%, there's still tax.

I've done some pretty large trades and have never ran across this issue. I admit, not 1500p at one time though.

To give away PA all you would need to do is buy $80 in psn cards and give them the codes, that would be the easiest and best way I would think. How did you try to give it to them?

Or am I understanding you wrong? Are you saying the guy that won the 1500p and volt set was banned?

Edited by (PS4)excat_56

Was the trade tried multiple ways, like giving half the plat at a time? Or did the winner even have enough credits to cover trade tax? Even if clan tax is 0%, there's still tax.

I've done some pretty large trades and have never ran across this issue. I admit, not 1500p at one time though.

To give away PA all you would need to do is buy $80 in psn cards and give them the codes, that would be the easiest and best way I would think. How did you try to give it to them?

Of course I farmed the prime sets and traded it away for an Ammo Drum per trade. But this in an "UNBALANCED TRADE" appareantly. Whatever.....

Huh?

I'm surprised support would even consider that.  Given they're currently overworked as is, opting to become the arbiter of trade balance is insanity.  It's insanity even if they weren't overworked, simply because it's so much to keep up with.

I suspect there's more to this then you're telling.

No it´s not.We have a 6k+ facebook group and this fellow admin is making alot of giveaways.He just GAVE prime sets and some plat to the winners.Since the winners are giving back Ammo Drums it looks like the "UNBALANCED TRADE" was invented.

Edited by Coach-Aprax

I totaly agree with this post. We should actualy fight for this. I understand that for example more accounts you have then its high chance for discount which can mean that players are spending less money "which" means not that big profit for DE but ban every unbalanced trade? What is this? Now we cant do clan events and giveaways or help new players by trading... that is just no way you do it like this. This must be fixed soon, fast. Recently couple of my clan mates were suspended by exactly this problem - by giveaway. Plus you even ban a Prime Acces buyer ? What is that ?

No it´s not.We have a 6k+ facebook group and this fellow admin is making alot of giveaways.He just GAVE prime sets and some plat to the winners.Since the winners are giving back Ammo Drums it looks like the "UNBALANCED TRADE" was invented.

That's actually a thing?  I've been giving out Blind Rages and Lifestrikes and Energy Siphons for ammo drums to newbies in my alliance, I wonder if I'm on a watch list now. Yeesh, that's stupid.

It´s funny cause this fellow tenno didn´t get anything for himself.He GAVE AWAY stuff, for free, to help new players.But hey , let´s suspend his trades. On the other hand I never heard of someone´s trades being suspended for selling a Legendary Core for 1500 or a Primed Chamber for 14k.That´s not unbalanced at all.

Edited by Coach-Aprax

Even then, it seems very unlikely that support just happened upon it.  Is it possible one of your winners reported you?

Even then, it seems very unlikely that support just happened upon it.  Is it possible one of your winners reported you?

It´s not the case, and even so,no one can force you to trade something without your consent.And since there are no rules regarding trading and no official price list for all tradeable items , 2 words I have in mind now: stupid and abusive.

´´Let´s punish them for our flawed and broke system´´

Edited by Coach-Aprax

I do understand why they are doing this, kind of. It could have been someone with multiple accounts, buying plat with the 75% off and doing events again and again, to get more event mods, but they should be able to locate the IP address and see that the accounts' internet connection aren't within the same IP, or even state/country. I guess as long as you can prove, that it was a contest of some sort, or simply good will, you'll be good to go, but getting banned from trading because of suspesion, is kind of rough.

I do understand why they are doing this, kind of. It could have been someone with multiple accounts, buying plat with the 75% off and doing events again and again, to get more event mods, but they should be able to locate the IP address and see that the accounts' internet connection aren't within the same IP, or even state/country. I guess as long as you can prove, that it was a contest of some sort, or simply good will, you'll be good to go, but getting banned from trading because of suspesion, is kind of rough.

This is crazy, getting banned from trading because of this " unbalanced trade". I understand that DE wants to keep the game somewhat balanced within the trading But come on....  They also have to take into account about helping new players/ players in need by essentially giving them free prime parts/ mods. That and all the people who do contest whatever it is on a clan site or Facebook group  or anything else. THIS shouldn't be happening in the first place. And if DE do have suspicion, like AbrahamAntonisen said, I think they can track the IP address.  

I just really hope this will be solved soon for the sake of the people directly targeted and all the others tenno, like me, wondering about it. 

Exactly.Track IP and even MAC if necessary, and see if something is not right.But I gues that´s too much.I think my buddy just had bad luck.You know why? Because another member of our FB group used to make really really big giveaways, like 1500 1st place, 1k 2nd and 5003rd place.He did this at least 5 times in April-May.Gues what? No one banned that guy or suspended his trades.Like I said , ´´random´´ bad luck, which is stupid and abusive.

Edited by Coach-Aprax

It´s not the case, and even so,no one can force you to trade something without your consent.And since there are no rules regarding trading and no official price list for all tradeable items , 2 words I have in mind now: stupid and abusive.

´´Let´s punish them for our flawed and broke system´´

Hm. Hadn't seen the bit from your support in the OP.  Was that always there?

In principle, that you should be allowed to trade whatever for whatever, that's reasonable.  Support said flagged though, that screams automated system.  Seems likely this is an attempt to stop abuses like multiple account discount farming - and to catch plat resellers in the net.

Exactly.Track IP and even MAC if necessary, and see if something is not right.But I gues that´s too much.I think my buddy just had bad luck.You know why? Because another member of our FB group used to make really really big giveaways, like 1500 1st place, 1k 2nd and 5003rd place.He did this at least 5 times in April-May.Gues what? No one banned that guy or suspended his trades.Like I said , ´´random´´ bad luck, which is stupid and abusive.

IP or MAC bans might stop multi-accounting, but likely wouldn't stop plat-resellers.  Those look like straight up trades, but that's cause DE doesn't see the other half of the transaction.  It is in DE's best interest to stop that, and seems like you got caught in the net.