Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vectis Prime~ You Took Away The One Unique Thing About It.

Fullmetal_Underpants

Vectis... is a special weapon in its class... it's one shot... and then you reload. giving you full benefit of charged chamber and primed chamber... something unique among sniper rifles, which let's face it, is a rather unfortunate fact all its own.

i simply have a very difficult time finding the words for how terrible an idea this was, i've typed, deleted and retyped this entire rant 5 times

(Edit~ according to responses, most people stopped reading about here. the complaint i have with the extra shot is not a loss of damage by some means, it's a loss of a weapon's character, which in this game, not many of them really have much)

yes i know you can manually reload the weapon and that the reload time has not changed

no, players should not have to.

yes, i own a charged chamber.

yes, i own a primed chamber.

and i think it would be nice if there remained at least one or 2 of the sniper rifles that at least one of those 2 mods should be an excellent, if not nearly mandatory choice on. for the sake of everybody who owns a charged chamber, i still think this weapon needs 2 more ranks.

however my point is that by adding a second shot to the magazine of a vectis... you have not created a vectis, you've created a sniper rifle that is now unique all its own, and if that's what you were going for, you should have just made another 2 shot sniper and not slapped vectis's name on it.

unlike many, i like taking a sniper rifle into a few types of missions...  recues(for the wardens)  captures (for the cap targets)  Defenses on occasion (for picking off particularly heavy units in the case of bombards, heavy gunners, infested moas and ancient healers) and of course void sabotage.

i'm not even sure how i want the development team to take this criticism, but you're constantly making decisions that leave many of us asking if you even play your own game.

in the case of vectis prime, this is literally the one upgrade you could make to the weapon that everybody in the community who has ever used a vectis would've voted against.

and i know the forum trolls are gonna try to pick this one apart like the self-amused scavengers that they are, but i don't care. this was a terrible decision and the one that even suggested it be what happens when vectis gets primed should be ashamed of themselves for wasting something that could have been an opportunity to do something useful.

at this rate i know exactly what to expect when tigris finally gets its turn and instead of having improved reload speed and damage, it's just gonna get 2 extra shots, handily removing all of its uniqueness.

Edited by Fullmetal_Underpants

Prime chamber approved.

I bet the brand new substitute named Primed Charged Chamber is to be released to quell the rectal fire of the community.

in the weirdest way because they have not changed the potential damage output of the weapon in the negative, i'm not saying that the change was a nerf, because when manually reloading, its reload speed is the same, so there would be no change in damage output, however making the manual reload mandatory changes how the weapon is played.

Prime chamber approved.

I bet the brand new substitute named Primed Charged Chamber is to be released to quell the rectal fire of the community.

i would be all for a 5 rank charged chamber and even a 10 rank primed charged chamber even if they did something like make it 9% per rank so it capped off at 99% at a reduction of 2-3 base mod points like they did with primed pistol gambit. if only to see more people using sniper rifles on the odd occasion.

I think it's better though. I used the manual reload anyway, but now I get one murder shot and a panic shot for if I miss.

To be honest, though, I didn't use it much, because I got it the day before Vectis Prime was confirmed.

Vectis Prime is the Vectis pro's (or reload spammer, however you want to see it) Vectis. Really, it is. I love my Vectis, fully built Prime Chamber, Charged Chamber, the works and I run it in every mission, scoping, no scope. What differentiates real Vectis users from regular users is if they have the reload time instilled in their muscle memory, I do and there's absolutely nothing bad about having a second round in the chamber.

If the reload is still sub 1s, I can't see any problem, really. Any avid Vectis user should have the habit of reloading instantly after shooting, so 2 round capacity isn't exactly a problem.

literally pointed this out already, the problem is not that there is a loss of damage, it removes the unique factor of the weapon and changes how the weapon is used, not its potential damage output. yes a lot of people who played a normal vectis would have that reflex, people grabbing a primed for the first time after foregoing the normal vectis won't and it changes how people view the weapon.

I think it's better though. I used the manual reload anyway, but now I get one murder shot and a panic shot for if I miss.

To be honest, though, I didn't use it much, because I got it the day before Vectis Prime was confirmed.

one word~  Recoil

I think I missed something important.

Where'd you get the stats for the Vectis Prime?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/3ceafn/ash_prime_and_vectis_prime_stats/

apparently console prime access is already available in australia.

You spam the reload key to cancel the animation anyway, nothing has changed.

pointing this out repeatedly isn't going to change that the reload is now forced and that it was a wasted upgrade that could have been placed elsewhere and you're still ignoring the one main point that it changes the one unique thing about the weapon.

Vectis... is a special weapon in its class... it's one shot... and then you reload. giving you full benefit of charged chamber and primed chamber... something unique among sniper rifles, which let's face it, is a rather unfortunate fact all its own.

i simply have a very difficult time finding the words for how terrible an idea this was, i've typed, deleted and retyped this entire rant 5 times

yes i know you can manually reload the weapon and that the reload time has not changed

no, players should not have to.

yes, i own a charged chamber.

yes, i own a primed chamber.

and i think it would be nice if there remained at least one or 2 of the sniper rifles that at least one of those 2 mods should be an excellent, if not nearly mandatory choice on. for the sake of everybody who owns a charged chamber, i still think this weapon needs 2 more ranks.

however my point is that by adding a second shot to the magazine of a vectis... you have not created a vectis, you've created a sniper rifle that is now unique all its own, and if that's what you were going for, you should have just made another 2 shot sniper and not slapped vectis's name on it.

unlike many, i like taking a sniper rifle into a few types of missions...  recues(for the wardens)  captures (for the cap targets)  Defenses on occasion (for picking off particularly heavy units in the case of bombards, heavy gunners, infested moas and ancient healers) and of course void sabotage.

i'm not even sure how i want the development team to take this criticism, but you're constantly making decisions that leave many of us asking if you even play your own game.

in the case of vectis prime, this is literally the one upgrade you could make to the weapon that everybody in the community who has ever used a vectis would've voted against.

and i know the forum trolls are gonna try to pick this one apart like the self-amused scavengers that they are, but i don't care. this was a terrible decision and the one that even suggested it be what happens when vectis gets primed should be ashamed of themselves for wasting something that could have been an opportunity to do something useful.

at this rate i know exactly what to expect when tigris finally gets its turn and instead of having improved reload speed and damage, it's just gonna get 2 extra shots, handily removing all of its uniqueness.

booo hooo ..... you just baught primed chamber and you're not satisfied enough  ...... 

NO, As a Primed Chamder own I love vectis Prime.

don't just focus on its 2 rounds clip, it have super high damage pre shot, and you just need manually reload every shot if I want Primed chamber work on it

It's damage is super high

again, ignoring the point. it was a wasted "buff" that could have been placed anywhere else including status and been more effectively used i'm fully aware of the 50 damage per shot increase and yes, that was great, my problem is not in a supposed loss of damage, it's a loss of character.

again, ignoring the point. it was a wasted "buff" that could have been placed anywhere else including status and been more effectively used i'm fully aware of the 50 damage per shot increase and yes, that was great, my problem is not in a supposed loss of damage, it's a loss of character.

No, it really isn't.

I am using wildfire + magazine warp on the current vectis. 

With 2 mod slots taken away it can be kind of disappointing with the damage 

a 2 round build can provide.

But for most utility and functional cases... the 2 shot vectis can 1 shot low level enemies.

Which, given my experience, bringing a single shot vectis to any mission will ends up making you dead or losing in killing count.
With the current high enemy count gameplay, you would be better off with high rate of fire or aoe weapon like torid.

Having a single shot hand cannon just does not seems to be working well, even with whatever high damage you can put in.

The only benefit is ammo efficiency, with such mentality, I might be better off using the melee.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

I am using wildfire + magazine warp on the current vectis. 

With 2 mod slots taken away it can be kind of disappointing with the damage 

a 2 round build can provide.

But for most utility and functional cases... the 2 shot vectis can 1 shot low level enemies.

Which, given my experience, bringing a single shot vectis to any mission will ends up making you dead or losing in killing count.

With the current high enemy count gameplay, you would be better off with high rate of fire or aoe weapon like torid.

Having a single shot hand cannon just does not seems to be working well, even with whatever high damage you can put in.

The only benefit is ammo efficiency, with such mentality, I might be better off using the melee.

many times it's come up and i maintain that like bows having innate punch through, all sniper rifles should have a meter without mods if only by their nature as armor piercing rounds.

it's a loss of character.

Well, very technically, there is no loss.

Nobody is taking your Vectis away, and nobody is forcing you to use the Vectis Prime.

The Prime version has a different character than the non-prime version, in this respect. This doesn't mean that the non-Prime Vectis will be any different tomorrow from what it is today. Certainly not. Keep using it. Sink another Forma into it. Use the exclusive skins. Equip in Defenses and wreck enemies.

"Loss" is when something is "taken away" from you. A "new addition" that "lacks something" isn't a loss. It's a missed opportunity, at most, if you  want to argue that.

But nothing will be lost until they "buff" the magazine of the Vectis.

Technically speaking, the normal Vectis is the incomplete version of the Vectis Prime. Primes came first, right? So, the Vectis should have two bullets per clip, but the existing technology can't recreate it for whatever reason...right?

You're essentially arguing against yourself if you say that the Prime version should be more like the existing one.

Edited by Ailith

many times it's come up and i maintain that like bows having innate punch through, all sniper rifles should have a meter without mods if only by their nature as armor piercing rounds.

A vectis without punch through is a complete waste, no matter how much the damage...

People might have argued that using the slot for damage mod might be good, but usually the enemy counts is too high

for you to only pick off 1 enemy at a time, your position would be overwhelmed and it would be better drawing swords.

As an avid vectis user (31% vectis) I don't like this 2 shot change. Yea you can just reload after every shot, but I can't, with how I play all my keyboard fingers are constantly in action I physically can't press R once a second. only way to would be to buy a new mouse with extra buttons on it to bind reload to.

But function aside its the feel of the weapon, the one shot clip thing gives the vectis a bolt action feel none of the other weapons have. Put a second shot in and its just reloading very often.

Well, very technically, there is no loss.

Nobody is taking your Vectis away, and nobody is forcing you to use the Vectis Prime.

The Prime version has a different character than the non-prime version, in this respect. This doesn't mean that the non-Prime Vectis will be any different tomorrow from what it is today. Certainly not. Keep using it. Sink another Forma into it. Use the exclusive skins. Equip in Defenses and wreck enemies.

"Loss" is when something is "taken away" from you. A "new addition" that "lacks something" isn't a loss. It's a missed opportunity, at most, if you  want to argue that.

But nothing will be lost until they "buff" the magazine of the Vectis.

you know in the long run, yeah it's probably going to wind up being a good thing. it just seems like a really dumb idea to take the one special characteristic away from the upgrade to the vectis. functionally speaking, yes, it's going to play the same to anybody who has ever handled a normal vectis, but it really does wind up making the weapon a little deceptive to those who have skipped over it in favor of something a little more effective in general... and that is with consideration to what has honestly begun to appear as new players getting a taxi to a dark sector and farming it for the rest of eternity, learning next to nothing about the game other than that their mk-1 braton is nowhere near as efective as that boltor prime their buddy gave them.