Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vectis Prime~ You Took Away The One Unique Thing About It.

Fullmetal_Underpants

7pzMyDM.jpg

In my opinion higher crit chance would be better than 2 rounds/mag.

of course it would, but that's beyond what it needs. if it had the magazine size reduced back to 1, it would be a direct 20% damage upgrade over the normal vectis, adding 5% crit chance would be too much, while status would be unnecessary, but useful if by some miracle your target survived.

if anything, just give it a meter of punch through and keep the damage change, then remove the extra shot, it would be the glorious armor piercing rifle we've wanted it to be since the first person put their last forma into it.

To stop all this controversy all DE would have to do is make it a 1 shot magazine again and just amp up the reload speed to make Primed Chamber more of a use on Vectis Prime, but see the thing is. They don't have to do that at all. They can add a damn guilded cupholder on the thing and you'd be happy. 

I for one am glad to add even more bling to the inventory. Thank you DE <3

To stop all this controversy all DE would have to do is make it a 1 shot magazine again and just amp up the reload speed to make Primed Chamber more of a use on Vectis Prime, but see the thing is. They don't have to do that at all. They can add a damn guilded cupholder on the thing and you'd be happy. 

I for one am glad to add even more bling to the inventory. Thank you DE <3

honestly if it had a gilded cup holder instead of a gilded second bullet holder, i wouldn't be complaining :|

Then just keep playing with your non prime vectis lol

Where is your problem?

the problem is that the vectis prime is not a vectis, it's some gold plated bastardization that doesn't work like the devs even thought it would because of existing mechanics, in their attempt to make the weapon more interesting, they made it worse than the original and out of all the primes this is the only one to date that actually changes how you use it, while simultaneously making it less effective.

I will gladly take a critical stats buff with some punch through over a second round though.

That's just me.

>That's just me.

And apparently every other person familiar with the Vectis sniper rifle.

Including me.

Vectis and Vectis Prime are two different styles of sniper rifles. DE decided already. use it or 30 and ignore it. anyway we probably still have 5 forma on our vectis already... and no I do not own or use charged or primed chamber.

I'm just wondering.. how did you guys build your vectis because I have critical delay and fast hands on mine. 
Edit: because it's one shot, and it all depends on that reload. In all that second shot makes the vectis another type of gun in general. :P nothing to be excited about if anyone remembers we all had that phase where we all tried to see if a second bullet would help.

Edited by Heidrek

Vectis and Vectis Prime are two different styles of sniper rifles. DE decided already. use it or 30 and ignore it. anyway we probably still have 5 forma on our vectis already... and no I do not own or use charged or primed chamber.

not having primed is entirely understandable, but charged chamber is basically a 40% bane mod with no faction restriction. it straight up adds 40% to all damage done by the weapon.

not having primed is entirely understandable, but charged chamber is basically a 40% bane mod with no faction restriction. it straight up adds 40% to all damage done by the weapon.

id rather add elements or reload mods. :P give me crit stats like a real sniper...and some punch through, not any of this second shot stuff. these guns share only a name, after that it's two different playstyles. 

I completely agree with op. I liked the feel of regular Vectis and that's why I used it. I normally don't even use charged chamber (I have it but not primed and I normally don't need it) so it has nothing to do with that. I just liked the feel of the single shot sniper and I didn't manually reload.

Reload mods on vectis? The awesome thing is you can manually reload allowing you to forgo the reload stat. I used to use shred when first using the vectis but as I got better with it I realized I can go for metal auger instead without much loss to fire rate. Metal auger is better for me because I can hit enemies behind walls and cover.

Anyway, fingers crossed that something will be changed to make vectis prime an upgrade and not a side grade :(.

Edited by TaylorsContraction

Reload/end thread

yet another person who isn't aware of the difference between manual reload when empty and manual reload when ammo remains in magazine, it literally adds half a second to reloading with the prime if you reload every shot with vectis prime compared to the original.

I was waiting for this weapon for so long and now we get this ? A wannabe sybaris prime with downsyndrome ?

I want my money back

i get the sentiment, but that's rather uncalled for.

i was the one he was responding to :|

i get the sentiment, but that's rather uncalled for.

It was rather late and I didnt have the energy to write a lenghtier point of view. Needless to say, vectis prime was a disappointment for me. The quick reload simply doesnt work on the vectis prime since you have to wait out the recoil animation after the first shot before reloading. As mogamu said, they both have Vectis in the name but are completely different weapons.

Therefore

"however my point is that by adding a second shot to the magazine of a vectis... you have not created a vectis, you've created a sniper rifle that is now unique all its own, and if that's what you were going for, you should have just made another 2 shot sniper and not slapped vectis's name on it."

+1

• Due to the fact that it has two rounds per magazine instead of the Vectis' single round, Charged Chamberand Primed Chamber are less effective without the use of manual reloading.

• Manual reloading also cannot be optimally performed due to the recoil animation after the first shot, which prevents the performance of an immediate reload.

to skip the the end, its more effective having 1 shot BUT the 20% on vectis p still makes it a little better then the vectis.

Edited by (PS4)avatar-heart