Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 16.11: Ash Prime + Hotfix 16.11.1

DE_Adam

The mag change over shadows everything else. Disappointing DE. Really disappointing. 

Gosh, you people only know how to complain. 

IF YOU REALLY BELIEVE MAG IS USELESS WITHOUT GREEDY PULL BEING EXPLOITED, THEN YOU SHOULD TRY USING SHIELD POLARIZE MAX RANGE AND MAX DAMAGE AGAINST VOID-CORPUS.

Edited by Lokime

How about stop absusing things and making useless boring grind on your own? Just play the game like it's supposed to be. Im sick of all those stationary Mesas n Mags standing arround doing the same thing over and over again.

Mag useless? Take her shield polarise mod for it and fight some corpussies.

"mag is useless" "RIP mag" "Mag just died" stfu

How about you? why wont you stop teaching the others how and where to play and just stfu as well?

Rip mag(

Edited by Grom-84

Pull change is justified, stop crying like little kids (and this is coming from someone who used Mesa+Gmag combos a lot)

Mag destroys shields and whatnot, there's more to her than just being your item-slave.

That being said, I too would've preferred another approach on this. Maybe increasing the energy drain the longer you stay in infinite duration-skills (would cover Banshee's 4th too) or changing pull so that it has a fixed range and can't pull through walls anymore.

Nothing is justified, stop supporting a stupid idea (and this is coming from someone who uses Mesa alot and GMag not at all)

Greedy Pull was just one way to play the mag, not the only way. It was an utility-team ability for the mag, the only one (and do not even try to bring polarization into the discussion, it is bugged and like never necessary, btw is polarization nothing a medium shield restory could not handle better, warframe is about damage, not defense and survivability).

Awesome, no more draco in this game. Thanks DE atleast i have something to do as frost in Void missions apart placing my bubble

Ok keep on dreaming

• English Oceania chat and Hubs and English Asia chat and Hubs have now been merged, but still have independent matchmaking.

I asked for this a few months ago. Very happy to see you guys have done this :) No more having to choose between the 2 yey Thankyou

Gosh, you people only know how to complain. 

IF YOU REALLY BELIEVE MAG IS USELESS WITHOUT GREEDY PULL BEING EXPLOITED, THEN YOU SHOULD TRY USING SHIELD POLARIZE MAX RANGE AND MAX DAMAGE AGAINST VOID-CORPUS.

I never said Mag is useless without greedy pull. How's that strawman working out for you?

Better solution DE could've used (and possibly should've used)... continue to pull in all regular loot (resources, mods, etc.) for everyone, but exclude -only- the energy orbs! That way mag continues to be useful in regular loot, but is nerfed just enough to kill off forever mesa.

There is way too much grind, and this just made the daily grind worse, yet again... However, there is a solution! 4x the greedy mag in "draco" like missions! On the dev stream, they said one of the "problems" was mag's pull was used 4x more than any other skill, then let's make it 4x of that... (math it up) 16x more than ANY other skill to SHOW DE how bad this choice was!!! Punish DE for bad choices!

Well...yeah it's going to be. I mean, seriously. Bubble lasted longer, as did other skills, that's the only reason why they aren't spammed as much. Because they have duration, that's it!

But yeah, it's a bit disappointing. She's not useless now, but that mod is for sure. The thing was... mags can spam any skill, whether its polarize or crush and clear stuff out. She can be used, but what made gmag so good was because it got all the energy and items, but mainly the energy, and you could stay in your defensive areas to last longer in runs. All it did was make it so you need different sources of energy, instead of mag. honestly I didn't see the real need to nerf g pull because with that build, you mag is squishy as all hell and dies easy. That's balanced, you trade defensive and offensive for utility.

While I'm thinking about it... energy orbs can only be picked up by 1 player, not all of them... so if mag isn't full energy(which she wont be since she just used a skill) does the energy still get pulled? If so... then you didn't fix anything at all and the same problem will still be there. You can still feed mesa energy, ect.. Honestly I hope it's just that. Will require a test but yes, if so then I won't complain. GMAG would still be used for the energy, and people can loot their stuff every 5 minutes or so.

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII
Language

Hotfix 16.11.1

Fixes:

• Fixed Ash, Vectis and Carrier parts not dropping for players in the Void.
  • Fixed Mag, Boar and Dakra parts still dropping for players in the Void.

LoL nice going DE, major components were missing as part of the major update, while nerfs are always on the money. If only bug fixing is good as your nerfing.

I still cant understand why people call spamming one button co-op. Good group should be able to -move- together aswell.

Because greedy pull was the only ability of the mag, to help the complete squad, which is a co-op mechanic.

Sure she can do damage, but there are other warframes who can do that as well.

She can do some CC with 4+augment, but there are other warframes who are better at it or at least equal.

Greedy Pull was an unique ability no other warframe could provide. And it was not game gamebreaking, it just made life a bit easier (there is this guy in this thread, who thinks "at least I can now do something with my frost in void defense instead of placing snowglobe"... well yeah, running around aimlessly to pickup all the drops surely THE fun thing about playing).

It was not even overused, 1 out of 10 games I had a greedy mag in my squad. Wow. Yeah.

It there would be at least ONE good valid reason why DE did that, but there is none.

Better solution DE could've used (and possibly should've used)... continue to pull in all regular loot (resources, mods, etc.) for everyone, but exclude -only- the energy orbs! That way mag continues to be useful in regular loot, but is nerfed just enough to kill off forever mesa.

There is way too much grind, and this just made the daily grind worse, yet again... However, there is a solution! 4x the greedy mag in "draco" like missions! On the dev stream, they said one of the "problems" was mag's pull was used 4x more than any other skill, then let's make it 4x of that... (math it up) 16x more than ANY other skill to SHOW DE how bad this choice was!!! Punish DE for bad choices!

THIS A THOUSAND TIMES THIS.

But seriously though.  This game is already a grindfest.  Nerfing your ability to get the resources you need to play the game is kind of ridiculous.  Yes the Mesa-Mag combo was a bit overpowered.  Which is why I love Finguine's suggestion.  You still get the resources for stuff you and your fellow tenno have killed gathered in one neat little place, while breaking the neverending Mesa barrage. 

Edited by romancase

Because greedy pull was the only ability of the mag, to help the complete squad, which is a co-op mechanic.

Sure she can do damage, but there are other warframes who can do that as well.

She can do some CC with 4+augment, but there are other warframes who are better at it or at least equal.

Greedy Pull was an unique ability no other warframe could provide. And it was not game gamebreaking, it just made life a bit easier (there is this guy in this thread, who thinks "at least I can now do something with my frost in void defense instead of placing snowglobe"... well yeah, running around aimlessly to pickup all the drops surely THE fun thing about playing).

It was not even overused, 1 out of 10 games I had a greedy mag in my squad. Wow. Yeah.

It there would be at least ONE good valid reason why DE did that, but there is none.

This. One hundred times this. One thousand times this. ONE MILLION TIMES THIS!!!

GPull was very useful to acquire resources, and without that it will be now tedious a lot. I'm playing this game for fun. You know what's not fun? Having to search for every goddam drop of the enemies to get those 2-3 rare resources desperately needed. Without Gpull we are stuck with that system now.

REVERT THIS MOTHERFRIGGIN NERF PLEASE!

Edited by animanera89

Mag’s Greedy Pull Augment will now only draw in items for Mag.

Ugh, this game is giving me less and less reasons to play...

Which idiot decided to break nice things before repairing already broken things?

People still need to realise that camping isn't killing the game, it's playing efficiently.

Do you spam Alad for a CHANCE at getting 2 neural sensor in 3 minutes-per-run, or do you camp survival for 60+ sensors (that's minimum, no booster) killing 2000+ enemies in 20 minutes? Do you level your stuff on Apollodorus Mercury or Draco Ceres? Do you find all the cache in sabotage for 4 rewards or just clear it for one reward? Do you farm your credit by running Chroma in DS defense map or run around opening storage lockers in exterminate?

You know your answer, this is call efficiency.

You are free to play the way you want, but saying camping and trying to play efficiently (by investing minimum resources and yield maximum result) is not the way you're supposed to play the game and accusing other players like so is just plain stupid.

If by chance you still think efficiency is stupid, then by all mean, remove all forma from everything you own (that is efficiency too ; same capacity, fit in more stuff), and try saying that again.

Ok guys Time to stop whining

The greedy mag augment , was actually Killing the fun for thoose who want to Have Fun while playing

Not ppl who want to Farm while afk....

Mag is a CC beast and will still be a CC beast and a corpus killing machine... (she may also give hard time to sentients who know)

The FUN THING , MOST OF PPL WHO COMPLAIN ARE NOT MAG PLAYERS LOL 

cause actually mag players will see no changes

Edited by Tsoe

I never played greedy mag but nerfing her this much was unnecessary. Stop shooting yourself in the foot DE. A frame actually became team support and endgame viable and now isnt.

Great job

I started the game with a mag. And I loved her very much. But it was always a little bit tricky to teamplay with her. There was just the shield-thing and I couldn't help it, but it had always some issues that felt like a bug.
Later I heard of the augment "Greedy Pull". And my thoughts went like "Oh, fine. Having a real teamplay ability.".
I loved to pull stuff to my mates always being careful not to look at the mobs, because they would have learnt to fly. Now, this will be gone. And I don't like the thought.

You, DE, should know, that there a people outside playing the mag always with one eye on the needs of their team mates. And killing greedy pull has killed this co-op part of the game.

I thought it was part of the game to work as a team. Sticking together for more xp. And now you kill a feature that helped the team to stick together. That is counterproductive as we Germans would call it. It doesn't make sense to me.

Well, thanks for... I don't know.

And to those who call this a posting of a crybaby: I hope, that the DE never makes you a crybaby with some "Patches" and "Hotfixes".

http://orig07.deviantart.net/7319/f/2013/174/8/5/warframe_tier_list_by_zetazero-d6adgp2.jpg

And Mag has fallen again. Still I like the change cause all g-mags were driving me crazy. All they did is spam #1, ragdolling everything and being useless outside of farming groups. Last weekend I was leveling my Mag. Spawned with 2 G-Mags and Trinity. All the Mags did was using #1 which served absolutly no purpose exept to get mods, cause Trinity gave us more then enough energy. Leaving me to Penta all the infested

Edited by Garth_Tremor