Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 16.11: Ash Prime + Hotfix 16.11.1

DE_Adam

You are wrong in so many points.

- it was overused, DE stated it themselves. Recruiting channel was 70% full of "gmag + mesa".

- Some CC with 4+augment? Sorry to disappoint you, but fracturing crush doesn't bring anything to CC, but to damage - it's crush itself. And i myself use Pull for CC, not the ultimate (ultimate CC only while other guys are reviving)

- greedy pull is not the only co-op ability - Shield Polarize?

- btw Shield Polarize is one of the most powerfull damage abilities in game due to excellent scaling

- "running around" is the biggest part of ego shooters, perhaps besides ...shooting. and looking for pickups is not aimlessly, even quake and unreal have that.

- greedy pull is not the only "unique ability" in the game, most abilities are

valid reasons? perhaps reading threads regarding this topic BEFORE the patch would have helped you and us (in not reading your bad whining)

thx&bye

They should have nerfed MESA then. aka make them unable to get more than 1 orb of energy every 30 seconds or so..

or add timblock to greedy pull. (to prevent spam)

Anyone remembers when the OP combination was MESA + LIMBO ?

Edited by Cesarin

(Gold Hunter) I completely agree, out of this whole feed what I took away from it is that they are making Mag useless. Which is really frustrating, Mag was one of my favorite frames and certainly a necessity any time you want to do some good old fashion camping. This means no more staying in one spot people.

Really? why would they do this?

The grinding in this game is already terrible for many resons... What you did with this change is to spit in the face of the players. And for what? Just to try to stop the camping and "one-ability-only" spamming?? Let's be real here DE, some other form of "meta-game-breaking-strategy" will surely be developed by players to pass those tedious sessions of farming. You won't have success with that, DE, if that was your objective. Other frames will become the "new mag". Other composition that will create similar situations will be created. You can't win this "battle" using this stupid strategy.

Work around drop and resources tables, work around the rewards, but do not take away the few instrumets players have to survive the grinding!
You are about to lose one player, if you'll keep this direction. I want to be able to farm and grind when I need/feel it, and at the same time to do things "the not-so-easy" way when I want to have a more "challenging" fun. Now it's only the latter. Revert this, for the sake of those that are forced BY THE VERY SYSTEM YOU IMPLEMENTED to go through "4 waves inteception/ 20-40 min survival/ 20-30 waves of defense".

Edited by animanera89

http://orig07.deviantart.net/7319/f/2013/174/8/5/warframe_tier_list_by_zetazero-d6adgp2.jpg

And Mag has fallen again. Still I like the change cause all g-mags were driving me crazy. All they did is spam #1, ragdolling everything and being useless outside of farming groups. Last weekend I was leveling my Mag. Spawned with 2 G-Mags and Trinity. All the Mags did was using #1 which served absolutly no purpose exept to get mods, cause Trinity gave us more then enough energy. Leaving me to Penta all the infested

so how will this change solve that problem?  those two G-Mags will still continue to spam #1 because they'll still be getting all the loot they were getting before, but now you'll have to run around a lot more to collect your own loot.

This nerf "solved" a very minor problem by screwing up one of the best support frames in the game.

The G-Mag + Pilfering Hydroid combo was amazing for farming, now also destroyed by this nerf.

LAME

All my hype just got killed by the death of maggy >: . Because it makes sense to take out team effort in a co op game? Make mag useless for farming, so farming is even less fun (which is hardly any fun) but moreover less efficient? What is the purpose of farming ALONE? Congrats DE, if you wanted to crush my spirits, you just did. And I'll say thanks at least for the new content, ash prime is actually cool and I love the Vectis, I still feel empty though. *sobs*

People saying Mag is useless now clearly aren't aware of how effective Shield Polarize can be on a nice thick (Corrupted) Corpus mob, as well as to keep the squad's shields up to keep them from dying.

Still, on the other hand, it seems like Mag only got this nerf because of the Mesa+GMag combo. "Mesa's OP, let's nerf Mag instead of making Mesa unable to use energy orbs while in stance like Nyx and others!!", thanks a lot DE.

I liked greedy pull because it was a good way to ensure you don't miss rare drops in survival missions where loot just goes everywhere, and it made it convenient to pick up drops in defense missions too. Now Mag is just a big selfish loot vacuum who can't even help tagging where stuff dropped.

Edited by AzureFlash

She was the first frame I ever played with...

She was never the best but fun

She was used less because the other was better

She was finally revamped to be something more

She's back to collecting virtual dust

A moment of silence... For mag

You are wrong in so many points.

- it was overused, DE stated it themselves. Recruiting channel was 70% full of "gmag + mesa".

- Some CC with 4+augment? Sorry to disappoint you, but fracturing crush doesn't bring anything to CC, but to damage - it's crush itself. And i myself use Pull for CC, not the ultimate (ultimate CC only while other guys are reviving)

- greedy pull is not the only co-op ability - Shield Polarize?

- btw Shield Polarize is one of the most powerfull damage abilities in game due to excellent scaling

- "running around" is the biggest part of ego shooters, perhaps besides ...shooting. and looking for pickups is not aimlessly, even quake and unreal have that.

- greedy pull is not the only "unique ability" in the game, most abilities are

valid reasons? perhaps reading threads regarding this topic BEFORE the patch would have helped you and us (in not reading your bad whining)

thx&bye

-I'll explain this in a moment

-Crush is a panic button at higher levels, it's only use is CC and it's only decent at it.

-Pull is a great CC but it doesn't bring much to the table past that now.

-Shield polarize is amazing.

Against corpus.

Who actually fights corpus for great loot?

Better yet, what corpus missions HAVE great loot? Neural Sensors you say? Less Grinding you say? Soon™ you say?

Let me break it down. There are three enemies in this game that are TOP priority in every mission. You kill them first or they WILL kill you. Nullifiers. Bombards. Heavy Gunners. In that order.

Mag's shield polarize does nothing to them, absolutely nothing damage wise. Same with her ultimate, it's basically like throwing packing peanuts at them past level 50 even WITH max strength. What does kill them? For Nullifiers, Rapid mid-strength damage gunfire, Leroy Jenkin's-ing into the bubble to melee them and Excal's ulti energy blade waves. Outside of their bubbles they are physically frail compared to EVERYTHING else in void or corpus missions For Bombards, Radiation and plentiful Viral damage, applied liberally via power, bullet or axe to the face. And for Heavy Gunners, well if your team has 3-4 Corrosive projections on they're basically un-moving targets now with Viral proc wrecking their existence like a Fat man diving into a vat of boiling oil. What do all these have in common? Little to no shields. Almost no weakness to magnetic proc. And Bullet sponges at higher levels the likes of which we haven't seen since That One Boss™ Mag is a gnat at worst to them.

And want to know what else they have in common? They're all in void, which is where all the end game content is, beside a paltry pair of raids which give negligible rewards at best and grind fest rewards at worst. So what does DE do? nerfs the one augment that allows Mag to function and synergize with the damage dealing frames that she supports, while she acts as an emergency CC when needed. That was her place, now DE has cut off one of her legs and she has to hop around contenting herself with Corpus missions and lower tier tower missions where her powers are actually useful since there are better CC's out there that last longer and do better than she. She's not useless. No. But her use in endgame content has taken a massive hit.

-Looking for pickups is a waste of time when you have to defend a cryo-pod with level 80 enemies coming in from every direction 30-40 rounds into a T4D. It's better and easier to pull loot to you while you're holding the line. What sounds better to you? Having to run around after your idiot Excal teammate using his ult on things all around the room or pulling all of the loot to you so you can stay in one spot and focus on the more important things like defending the obj. You can't just drop what you're doing and go grab a room full of loot without getting one shot by something and forcing one or more of your teammates away from the defensible location. I mean look at the tower defense missions there's 4 lasers by the cryopod, there's four area's to cover. Clearly DE intended to have four people in one spot back to back defending the point, this doesn't give you much time to loot and it basically tells you. It's like DE thinks that looting and defending the obj are mutually exclusive, that we shouldn't be able to have a dedicated frame for item support without forcing us to use gear drops. Every warframe can use those. We NEED a frame that focuses on that. I mean we have a Frame that gives us energy like pad, we have several t hat give us health like a pad, and yet we don't have one that gives us ammo or acts like a carrier now because DE decided that utility is something to be discouraged because they don't like how we play with their sand in their sandbox.

News flash, don't nerf the tool, don't even nerf the team. Look at why the team and tool are being used so much if you think it's hurting the game. Why do we Gmag+Mesa? Why do we Frame+Frame combo any loot cave? To reduce the tedious grind this game has and make sure that our time is used as efficiently &#! possible with the tools and circumstances we have.

What are the circumstances? RNGRNGRNGRNGRNGRNG ad infinitum~ Bloated drop tables and mindless affinity grinding because affinity is tied to exp. Those are the enemy. The best way to fix this isn't to re/move the tool, but to move the cave. Make our efforts Skill based, show our merits through valor and ability rather than a roll of the dice. Set prime drops as a guarantee on certain tiles or increase the number of items per key/drop, like in sabotage with the Caches. The more we can get out of there the less we'll actually grind for it and the more we can focus on the more fun things than the tedious @#$% we have to go through to get something we want almost to make it undesirable. You hear that everyone. It's no longer FUN to farm for a weapon or part when you spend 2 weeks and 30+ keys trying to get a Loki P systems (True Story) In fact it's far easier and far quicker just to buy the part from trade from some other poor soul who was either lucky enough or determined enough to get one for himself and now sells the item for a bloated amount of plat because some people think RNG is a good thing.

It's not. That only promotes efficient and dare I say it 'cheap' and 'boring' gameplay.

You want to make the game interesting DE? You want to make it fun? Reward us for good gameplay. Reward us for launching a corpus up into the air with a Speed Volt/Jat Kittag while simultaneously spin attacking said corpus with said Jat Kittag before he hits the ground. (Also True Story) I hate to use the Bulletstorm example. But Bulletstorm. Promote skillful kill execution, more acrobatic kills give multiplies of affinity. Have a wall run kill give a higher chance to drop a rare mod, Have a successful counter of a enemy trying to take an interception tower be worth something more, have stopping enemies from activating alarms give something more.

PROMOTE gameplay that makes us play the game rather than going seiza and mindlessly watching A Mesa/Saryn/what-have-you frame, do all the work with a script that constantly presses their 4 key for them and they themselves just mindlessly follow the red dots on the minimap or stick their crotch to a cryopod and air hump it until everything is dead. Our efforts should give us better results than just more tedious grind, and then you expect us not to find a way around it? We have better things to do than to run a useless star chart that has maybe 10 good tiles to begin with, and that's including relays. Until then, I'll cheese harder than a dairy factory. Why? Because to get anything nice in this game that isn't stock or low level, you have to grind, and grind and grind and grind. DE you should probably look into starting a tree trimming business, with all this grind I can hear people paying top dollar to get rid of their tree stumps for them.

"- greedy pull is not the only "unique ability" in the game, most abilities are"

greedy pull is unique in is utility. No other frame has an ability that allows them to rip far flung necessities to them and their teammates. While there are plenty of ult spam and cc abilities.

Edited by TheMagicalSharpie

Vectis Prime is crap ... 2 shots u can foget now the Prime chamber ...

And Greedy pull Mag is dead ... The most teamplayers Frame u have now Destroyed ...

Mag was befor the Augment underplayed and now she, without the nice special effect, become one of the most uselesst frames  -.- 

Im not impressed of this changes srsly <.<

I like how people b*tch and moan about Mag and Mesa as if they, the b&m'rs, have never been on a mission where Mag and Mesa have hooked them up with loads of loot and XP.   Boo, get rid of mag and mesa, nerf 'em.  Just do it after I run a Draco and a T4D real quick, they would say.  Talk about frustration,  I  built her and Mesa up a few weeks ago and maxed out all the mods that need it.  What a waste of  mods and credits to help my team during this team oriented game.  I know I can use these mods on all frames, I just wouldn't have spent so much time doing it so soon.  Ok, I'm done/over it.  I hope everyone has a good day, except the b&m'rs, you guys can burn in hell.  Just kidding, I know you're already there.   I'm joking, you guys have a good day as well. :)

Edited by Mtn_Goat

Still no fix for:

1.Deactivating Excalibur's Exalted Blade makes me Unarmed:
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/479039-deactivating-excaliburs-exalted-blade-makes-me-unarmed/

2.Broken camera for Blade Storm (zoom in too much after 16.6.3):
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/467753-ashs-blade-strom-camera-is-broken-u1663/?p=5206645

3.Decreased melee weapon range and messed up hit box (since U16.5):
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/458319-huge-decrease-of-melee-weapons-range-since-165/

4.Invisible Syndicate Medallions

5.Client side suffers unusual delay for weapon holster animation to start even the game is not lagging at all:
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/425122-i-have-been-thinking-why-is-weapon-swap-speed-so-slow/

>Mag’s Greedy Pull Augment will now only draw in items for Mag.

Lame. 

Nerf the only thing that made Mag useful.

Into the trash it goes.

I'm going to rethink buying Prime access now if this is the direction the devs are taking the game.

Please tell me this is a dream guys, right? I've been an original mag since open beta, I've been with her through a LOT. Tried every build, every playstyle. Then finally she became useful to have on a farming team. To the people trying to justify this nerf "OH but she still has shield polarize hur dur" If you've been with mag for as long as I have you'd know that is not a valid reason to kill greedy pull. Dont even play that card as that is not the topic that's being discussed here. We're talking about farming and efficiency not how many corpus she can kill. Farming =/= Fun . Efficiency = Farming. Less efficiency equals slower farming which equals less fun. I thought when they mentioned "making greedy pull selfish pull" it was a mere joke, obviously pointing out the fact of how much it's abused. With that logic farming is abused in EVERY mmo since its a core mechanism of ALL games of this type. How can farming be abused if developers make us do so? 

I've also noted something a little more telling about this game and someone mentioned it a while back about forums being toxic to a game like this.  My thoughts on this.   We have a very vocal minority most the time in this game/forum and with enough complaining things seem to change in 'their' favor because they don't seem to like it very much and DE goes all panic-nerf on things.  And then once these changes hit we get a much MUCH larger majority coming in going "What the Hek DE?  What is this (expletive)?"  and then asking to annul said nerf.  It makes me wonder why the vocal minority seems to get everything they want, while the unvocal majority get's burned/punished for playing in DE's Sand box how they want to play it.  Do they give us tools and expect us to break our backs on it, or do we invent the lever, wedge, wheel, what-have-you to get things built in record time?

Changes:

• Mag’s Greedy Pull Augment will now only draw in items for Mag.

Just for sale your Prime Access and the new Carrier Prime. Carrier was useless with pull mag. Now it's a bit less useless, a bit less...

What is your long-term goal ? Kill all the frame's abilities ?