Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 16.11: Ash Prime + Hotfix 16.11.1

DE_Adam

Dear All,

Thanks for Ash Prime and the new prime content, nice, but Mag prime nerf needs some discussion.

I'm playing this game for nearly a half year and my MR is 19. Trading a lot also. In simple words, kinda addicted.

What I've seen the game economy is based on artificial shortage of certain items. Players farm those parts, other players buy them for much, they buy plats for dozens of dollars/euros/etc. In simple words all farmer-traders/reseller-traders are untold agents for the Company, raise the income, especially in an artificial shortage created by the Company.

Imagine you are a new player (the second part of this scenario is valid for old players too) and you enter the game during the last week, the removal week of mag prime.

You buy...

a mag prime set for 100-150 plats (shortage price, as mag prime is under removal, it was 20-35 before)

an arcane coil helmet for 130-190 plats (shortage price, as no more arcane helm from missions)

a R10 transient fortitude for 350-450 plats

Slot for 20 plats

Reactor 20 plats

2 formas for 40 plats

other necessary mods for 120 plats

greedy pull for 10-16 plats

... altogether 790-1006 plats, its 39-50 dollars without lotus plat decreasing gifts.

You enjoy the game, you are effective part of the team, you make a lot of harmony gaming. As soon as the prime removal week ends, the essence of mag is destroyed by the greedy pull nerf, as there are much better area damage & disable spells than mag's crush, and we don't need the shield polarize, if having enough dps as team.

Needless to say, you won't bring mag to missions anymore and you think of that, you bought a nice new car with turbo charger, enjoyed it for some days, one morning the manufacturer knocks on your door, and says we came to take the turbo charger and the engine from your car, it's in the contract we can take back anytime, you can go to lawyers, but you lose, as you signed the contract. You can't do other than to watch them go with the turbo charger and engine, you still use certain parts of your car to another car, but you surely tell your friends to never buy anything from this car dealer. Car dealer wonders why the buyer number decreases as the time passes.

Best regards, Titan.

Regarding the gMag:

DE just thought that stationary pulling and shooting on draco is not healthy for a coop base game. Staying motionless for hours, with one person just holding LMB and another pressing 1 is not what I call coop. However, aside from this specific part, gMag actually helped the whole team. Is undeniable that Mag was nerfed only for the sake of draco, like it happened some months ago with viver. DE just nerfs stuff instead of fixing the problem to the root. 

tl;dr: Mag's nerf can be justified but it's not exactly the best way to fix the problems.

• See our hidden drop tables here - locations will be revealed as Tenno find the new Prime Gear

• Mag’s Greedy Pull Augment will now only draw in items for Mag.

Just got back from vacation, and saw these two gems in the update notes.

First of all, I think the hidden drop tables are a cloud with a silver lining. I can only HOPE that if/when DE discovers that nobody is "discovering" certain items on their forma soaked drop tables, that they finally change things for the better. To make my opinion clear, I would love to see less diluted tables come out of this, and no - not because I want "free stuff" or things "handed to me". I just think having forma drop on ANY T3 or T4 missions is ridiculous at best, and insulting at it's worst.

As far as the second bullet point goes, I have to ask - Who thought this was a good idea again? The flood of comments on this very issue was (I thought) very very clear. Players don't like this. Greedy Pull was one of the most used abilities. That's something you should be proud of, not paint over it like it was graffiti. On a technical note, as well, how in the heck are you going to make this (in ANY way) NOT affect performance. At the very least I would think that it would cause strain on the host/client one way or another. There are now two entirely different placement mappings for the loot affected by Greedy Pull.

I will reiterate again in case you didn't read the jillion posts on the original thread regarding this. Multiplayer means more than one player. Mag's GP affecting just Mag, is NOT multiplayer by definition. This is bad. Change it, Nerf it, Buff it, whatever you have to do, but make it multiplayer again.

Why did they seriously mess with greedy pull i loved playing mag.... one of my favorite frames, not anymore with that greedy pull for Draco and about any defense in the void the game has become boring and pointless to me Thank Alot DE for Ruining the game for me thanks alot....  

Bye Bye Draco, welcome Cerberus with ash

Hey guys this is not the only game the devs use the nerf bat. 

I know of allot of other games the devs uses the nerf bat. 

Or what the called balancing the game.

Please those people get over this and just let the devs do what they like to do its their game not ours.

And I do know we buy plat to get better stuff.

And if you do not like what the devs are doing there are allot of other games out there you can play. 

Thanks

2 weeks straight still no tennis reinforcements ???

2 weeks straight still no tenno reinforcements ???

"Hotfix/Update PSA:

Please note that as we diligently work to complete Update 17 there will be no future updates unless absolutely necessary!  Thanks for your patience, Tenno!"

Ok so...I'm not here to argue with anyone about GMag, but I do have a quick question, and this question is for DE, not any players.  This seems like as good a place to post it as anywhere else.

DE, you made Radial Javelin LOS in response to Viver.  You didn't fix the root of the problem, and I think you guys have acknowledged this on a couple of the streams, yet I also think the nerf was made in good faith.  In essence, it was a bandaid, and you knew it, but you had to roll out SOME sort of fix ASAP and, hey, it did work - people farming Viver doesn't exist any more (at least not on any scale.)

You've now done the same thing with Draco.  The GMag nerf is all about Draco.  Once again, I believe you guys are just trying to find a quick, easy bandaid that fixes the problem.  And credit where it is due, people aren't farming Draco half as much as they used to, and when they do, they request far more diverse teams because Mesa/GMag is no longer the go-to option.  A bandaid, but an effective one, and once again I don't believe there was any sort of malice on your part here.

I also am willing to bet that at some point in the future we'll see you guys sitting on the sofa on a devstream noting how it was a fix that was not without its problems - admitting it is a bandaid.

So here's my question for you, DE.  Presumably, at some point, whether it's U17 or U30 in 4 or 5 years, you guys are going to fix the root of these problems.  That is, a real solution rather than bandaids.  I don't even know what a "real solution" would be to this (I would suggest a map redesign would fix Mesa abuse overall, but honestly that probably won't...)  My question is, whenever you do finally fix the underlying problem that these bandaids are meant to cover up until you can get around to them, are we going to get our non-LoS RJ and our whole-team Greedy Pull back once the root of the problem is fixed?

Because I need to know if I should just fuse my GPull augment now, or hold onto it for a year waiting on it to be useful again.  I mean, I have carrier prime.  As it stands now it is NOT useful for me.  If it is maybe going to become useful again one day, awesome, but it'd be nice to know.

Thanks.  Can't wait much longer for U17 - I am ready.  I'm that one insane person who is actually looking forward to the death of coptering so by all means, bring it on :)