The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Sticky Sprint Bug?

Meenmu

After the last update I have been noticing my sprint sticking. Usually happens after I use an ability or charge attacking with scindo while sprinting. When it happens, I can no longer run, only sprint. The way I usually fix it is by holding my sprint key for the normal amount of time required to start sprinting, then release it. Anyone else have this issue?

I came here to post about the god awful controls after losing 3 revives because the system decides to work when it pleases not when the user want's. It’s not just sprint, jumping too is ropey as F***, hit the melee key and you enter a stuck aoe attack because the game thinks you were in the air. Try and jump from a ledge and watch as the game ignores you and you fall off, hit shift then crouch to start a slide attack and you crouch instead as the game completely ignores the fact shift is being used; and the list goes on and on.

I went to great expense to ensure this sort of thing does not happen in games, buying a top quality keyboard with anti-ghosting and nkro support, specifically to bypass the problem some cheaper keyboards have in recognising multiple simultaneous key presses. Of all the games I have played over the years, it’s sad to say that Warframe has some of the worst char control I have run into, I really enjoy this game but it’s really starting to &!$$ me off, as there is no need for it.

Some of it is due to taking shortcuts with character animations, the game simply does not have enough posses to enable the player to change states smoothly, so the system has to finish the current animation cycle before it can switch to the next, sometimes referred to as animation locking. The others where the system is simply not recognising  key presses, is probably related to the compiler they are using, that or simply shoddy coding and the use of commands not designed for real time data acquisition, a problem common among some older c compilers.

As for the stuck shift key, you do not have to slide attack, just hit the crouch key twice.

I'm hitting a ton of control issues as well. Sprint gets stuck on, crouch gets stuck on, sometimes when spamming melee attacks I get stuck in the charge attack animation. I can unstick it with button mashing, but it's still irritating. Also I wall run at completely random intervals without ever having pressed the jump key - I often find myself sprinting up the face of a locker instead of opening it, or doing random victory laps around the walls when I enter a room. Keys also randomly "break" mid-mission at times as well - I find myself completely unable to sprint, or my melee key suddenly decides it doesn't want to melee for the rest of the mission. Jumps also frequently simply won't go off when directly next to objects such as walls, rails, and... ledges. Yeah. I can't count the number of times I've tried to leap off something to flee an enemy horde, only to go running right off the edge and respawn in the thick of them, or sit next to a ledge dumb as a post, completely unable to hop up while my team leaves me in the dust.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game and plan to keep playing it but this is annoying, limiting stuff that slows me down, gets me killed, and kinks the enjoyment of freely moving around the environment as is clearly intended. That there are so many issues that are so frequent is seriously discouraging, and I hope they manage to get it sorted out soon.