The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Needs More Life In It...

Coverop

Note: This is NOT another "I quit" or "Fix this" topic. Please do not start the flame war.

Dear Tennos and Dev Tennos.

I'm speaking on behalf of Veterans who spent a good amount of hours playing / grinding / farming / helping ... but at the end, game doesn't tried to hold me IN anymore. Game is simply  empty.

Warframe is so far one of the greatest SCi-Fi games I played. There is story to be told... with each update we understand Warframe world... but It's simply not enough to hold players & veterans for long.

Lately, I've been doing less and less. Even alerts don't interest me anymore.

I've created a topic with suggestions... but it quickly got forgotten.

CLICK HERE TO PROCEED TO ANOTHER TOPIC

^ In short, when you go to Tenno Relay, you see some life in it. Models has animations but lack of interaction / voice / feeling It's alive.

^ NPC's are lifeless... except for Simaris and Lotus.

I've seen latest Devstream but It won't change the life inside of Warframe, It might change a bit of gameplay aspect but life will still remain the same. Empty.

I understand that Devs play with game safe.... but sometimes you need to risk a lot to gain a lot.

P.S| If there is another topic like this... I think its good to make another one to keep the attention on forum.

Edited by Coverop

Hmmmm, just out of curiosity, how long is *long* in your understanding? Because people stick with this game for hundreds and thousands of hours on end.

Well considering he's a founder I'm sure he's sunk a good few hours into it.

Hmmmm, just out of curiosity, how long is *long* in your understanding? Because people stick with this game for hundreds and thousands of hours on end.

With good friends you can reach "End-Game" within 200-500 hours IMO.

I've spent so far +1300 hours, but after 900 I felt game slowly collapses.

20150708183423.png

Edited by Coverop

With good friends you can reach "End-Game" within 200-500 hours IMO.

Okay, but that's beside the point. Plenty of games today don't entice you to play more than 20 hours. Few are as engrossing as Warframe.

Now, don't get me wrong - I absolutely agree and want Warframe to feel 'livelier', as you put it, but after 1000 hours things are sure to get stale. Perspective is necessary when speaking of these things. 

EDIT: I'd argue that a proper, Paragon-like (Diablo 3) endgame mechanic is more pressing so that we veterans get more replayability and stick with the game even longer.

Edited by Gale47

Okay, but that's beside the point. Plenty of games today don't entice you to play more than 20 hours. Few are as engrossing as Warframe.

Now, don't get me wrong - I absolutely agree and want Warframe to feel 'livelier', as you put it, but after 1000 hours things are sure to get stale. Perspective is necessary when speaking of these things. 

EDIT: I'd argue that a proper, Paragon-like (Diablo 3) endgame mechanic is more pressing so that we veterans get more replayability and stick with the game even longer.

What I really want right now from Warframe is to enjoy the Tenno World.

First they introduced Dojo where you could meet other Tennos and do stuff.

Then they introduced Hub (Tenno Relay) which was meant to meet other Tennos , relax , gain more knowledge... simply play other part of the game where you don't fight.

Edited by Coverop

what's the paragon end game mechanic? And how would it translate to WF?

What I really want right now from Warframe is to enjoy the Tenno World.

First they introduced Dojo where you could meet other Tennos and do stuff.

Then they introduced Hub (Tenno Relay) which was meant to meet other Tennos , relax , gain more knowledge... simply play other part of the game where you don't fight.

I believe you're going to have to wait, sadly. Devs seem to have lots of stuff in the works and are strewn about willy-nilly. While the Tenno culture may be alluded to, it's definitely not as important a part of the game as it probably should be.

One more thing I'd like to note is that, personally, I don't think there's much to the Tenno aside from fighting. 

what's the paragon end game mechanic? And how would it translate to WF?

Basically, it would allow us to keep getting stronger in some non game-breaking way after maxing our stuff out. I'm not sure how it would translate, but we definitely need something like this.
Edited by Gale47

I believe you're going to have to wait, sadly. Devs seem to have lots of stuff in the works and are strewn about willy-nilly. While the Tenno culture may be alluded to, it's definitely not as important a part of the game as it probably should be.

One more thing I'd like to note is that, personally, I don't think there's much to the Tenno aside from fighting. 

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Paragon

Basically, it would allow us to keep getting stronger in some non game-breaking way after maxing our stuff out. I'm not sure how it would translate, but we definitely need something like this.

Hmmm, maybe we could level up our Tenno like the paragon system. A small stat boost for all frames we equip.

It would have to be grindy though and people seem to hate anything that takes months to accomplish.

Hmmm, maybe we could level up our Tenno like the paragon system. A small stat boost for all frames we equip.

It would have to be grindy though and people seem to hate anything that takes months to accomplish.

That's the point. It needs to take months, years even. The community is spoiled because we're able to max out stuff in half an hour and get everything we want in a minimal amount of time. The endgame, Warframe's "Paragon", needs to stretch out forever.

That's the point. It needs to take months, years even. The community is spoiled because we're able to max out stuff in half an hour and get everything we want in a minimal amount of time. The endgame, Warframe's "Paragon", needs to stretch out forever.

I like the idea. I wouldn't even make affinity be the only way to progress. I would make other goals contribute to the "tenno level" too. Things like earning points for every weapon with 5k kills, then 10k kills, then 50k kills. Completing a raid with different frames, 10k kills with frames,etc.

It could become a real MR system that takes everything into account and not just affinity grind.

Edited by Hypernaut1

I like the idea. I wouldn't even make affinity be the only way to progress. I would make other goals contribute to the "tenno level" too. Things like earning points for every weapon with 5k kills, then 10k kills. Completing a raid with different frames, 10k kills with frames,etc.

It could become a real MR system that takes everything into account and not just affinity grind.

Yes! That's exactly what I'm hoping we get.

Latest Team fortress 2 update is a nice example to hooks some player back to a game, for a time of course.

But DE had to focused on fixing the game and updating at the same times.

and isn't the Arcane basically is a paragon?

if it took months or years to level up your mastery and gears in this game players would've have left the first time they knew about it which would leave this a bad dead game. seems like that is what some of you want just a bad dead game.

I think that Quests are the answer that you're looking for. They flesh out the world, give NPC's more depth, and add a goal that is not primarily loot-based.

The Chroma Quest was very promising in my opinion, because I enjoyed how the player had to report to Simaris after each mission. It felt like a real mission that I was advancing myself, and interacting with characters myself. I can only imagine that as more Quests are implemented, this will be refined for an even greater experience.

Unfortunately, like all things of quality, they take time to produce. A couple years down the road, when there are a few dozen Quests to participate in, I think Warframe will have the life and depth that you want.

Wasn't the focus system supposed to be the paragon-levels of warframe? They just keep taking stuff out of the focus system and pushing it further and further back in development. I don't even know if the focus system is still in the devs plan anymore.

I like the idea. I wouldn't even make affinity be the only way to progress. I would make other goals contribute to the "tenno level" too. Things like earning points for every weapon with 5k kills, then 10k kills, then 50k kills. Completing a raid with different frames, 10k kills with frames,etc.

So, basically, it's like Borderlands 2 with its Badass Ranks and the bonus stats acquired from them?

I could get behind this, maybe.

Edited by Xrkr

if it took months or years to level up your mastery and gears in this game players would've have left the first time they knew about it which would leave this a bad dead game. seems like that is what some of you want just a bad dead game.

Nobody said we wanted armaments and Frames to level up for years, where did you get that from? What Warframe needs is a system that allows us to keep getting incremental stat increases virtually forever. Not everything needs or should be accomplished in a single day, you know? 

Is that difficult for you to wrap your head around?

Edited by Gale47

I'm always down for more Tenno & Origin system lore. Always. To an extent, I agree with the OP, but a proper endgame is just as pressing. Neither will keep me very long without the other, however. 

Edited by Rexlars