Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #56 Character Art Past, Present, & Future.

[DE]Rebecca

[QUESTION]

With the new Prime Access Mag Prime joined Frost in the Prime Vault. For new players it might seem like you're taking out game items, cause they won't be able to get them (without trading). Are you planning on bringing those items back with new Solar Map, or are they gone for good?

[EDIT]

hopefully U17 next week

Since U14 we get updates numbered up to .20, so U17 is not that soon.

Edited by PaulSawyer

QUESTION: Parkour 2.0 seemed real slow when you guys showed it last time, pretty worried about this. Any chance that this will be either sped up, new mods be implemented into the game to increase speed, or will the already existing mods (such as acrobat, maglev, marathon, etc etc), be changed so that they also affect parkour speed?

Would be nice to know! Thanks

Edited by -NyriX-

1. what happen to promised since long ago changes to orbiter comparment ? me and many people would really want to see it be as big as in concept art, we really want much bigger space where we can "live"

2. When will we see more content for archwing(new weapons, archwings, enemies , missions) ? I am not talking about "sharkwing" but archwing as a whole(not just missions with transition between normal and archwing mods) 

What goes into designing a prime warframe? As time goes on I've seen that the designs have become more and more adventurous with how they vary from their regular counterpart. Are there any plans to revamp older primes with less detail, such as Mag and Frost Prime?

Will there be more original Prime Access armor sets like Targis (as in not based on previous designs)? I absolutely love the look of the large armor pieces that cover more of the frame and would like to see more of such in the future.

Well it's not related to character art, but I would like to know when we are getting two-factor authentication with our accounts.

Hacking is becoming rampant and support tickets take weeks to get resolved. Two-factor authentication would eliminate most all instances of hacked accounts and would free up so much time for support.

Since it's an art stream:

There's one thing that's been bugging me about Primes since forever. I'm assuming this won't be answered as it's a "problematic" question, but whatever, I'll give it a shot:

Why are Prime Warframes using regular Warframe models with some glued-on parts instead of a full new model?

We all know it looks bad, especially with Immortal skins that ignore those glued-on parts, creating a bigger contrast and exposing them more (while also covering up all the gold bling).

And, in case the above question is too much, here's some "easy" ones:

Any new info about:

Trinity / Frost / Volt Cloth Physics?

"Prime Immortal Skins" for Frost and Excal?

Upcoming PBR passes?

Separate color options for each attatchment (armor, syandana etc)?

Edited by Shifted

Question: I have noticed that a lot of the newer weapons' designs are based on older weapons (like boltace, boltor & akbolto). Have you considered having extra stats or effects (like syndicates or arcanes) for having these weapon combined together?

Annny chance of seeing an update to Frost Prime's appearance with PBR to bring it more in line with most of the current Prime's? He barely looks different to standard Frost. There's been countless threads for it and other Prime's, it'd be great if calls weren't constantly dismissed.

So the art team this time? Looks like i better think up a few different questions. I hope my questions aren't all too long.

Q1. It seems all Warframes have at least some bits of crude technology in their design, which can be considered part of their appeal. Why did you decide to add those instead of keeping them all more organic and smooth looking?

Q2. When you first created Excalibur Prime and his two prime weapons, have you thought the concept would expand as much as it did?

Q3. How important have themes been for the designs of Warframes in the past compared to now?

Q4. Looking back at the concept of Valkyr and the planned proto-skin, do you feel it was the right decession to give her such a story laden default design, given that Warframes are in story noted to be produced in quantity?

Q5. What was the motivation for the change of Excalibur from high tech spy suit (2004 sci-fi Dark Sector concept) to the blade master we have now?

Q6. The designs and aesthetics of Warframe seem to borrow from a lot of different sources. Is there something from one of these sources you wish you could bring into Warframe?

Q7. While we got a steady stream of new enemy designs over the past year, very little has changed about existing Infested and Corpus enemies (Crewmen, Moas, Runners). Are there any plans or concepts to change that in near future by creating more diversity?

Q8. Besides Burston and the Dark dagger/sword, what other weapons are currently on the "make over" list? Lex seems to be a likely candidate.

Q9. Are there any plans to give Snipetron a new non-corpus design so it can be reintroduced in the game?

Q10. What was the motivation for making Archwing attachable thrusters for Warframes, rather than for example compact space fighters?

Edited by Othergrunty