Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #56 Character Art Past, Present, & Future.

[DE]Rebecca

We've gotten Proto skins for Excal and Nyx and the pre-corpus sking for Valkyr on the way.  What frame/frames would you most like to design a proto-skin/special skin for next?  I'm not asking what the next skin would be if there will be one, but which frame YOU want to design one for the most.

I know some designers tend to be very critical of their own work so I wanted to ask, what frame, if any, would you like to do a second pass for? Maybe not a complete visual rework but something that you may have thought of after the fact that you think would have improved the design.

Edited by Aumaan

LOL, Edit for actually reading 'what' its about, never mind.

1. You mentioned Archwing rework in #54, could you tell us more about this? 

2. Alerts mean nothing in the game, could you incorporate Lore into them? Overall, where is the Lore to WF?

3. I have heard talks of Rhino being removed and reworked.  Could you tell us more about this?

1. Whats next on the list for prime access?  I hope its Trinity, but I have a feeling its Zephyr, so which is it?  Do you have any plans, drawings of the next prime?

2. Why are most of the thighs on the female warframes so big? Take Ember for example compared to Nova :S ?...nothing wrong with big thighs, jus sayin.

3. Will you be able to show us a more in depth look at the new star chart?  Can we see some detailed drawings/sketch?

4. The cat statues, can you tell us more about these easter eggs?  Can they be collectable (press x 'to pickup') for example? How many are there in total?

Edited by (PS4)Sum1ne_Else

I know DE is pretty focused on new content, but I was wondering if there was any way or plan to rework the Sancti Syandana? I think I can safely say that we appreciate the Syandana's for the flowiness and the Sancti Syandana is very stiff. Possibly just extend out the 'energy' spray and give it some real movement?

Thanks to the Art Team for coming up with Oberon, btw! He's my favorite of all the warframes! I will buy more Oberon themed things if you put them out~

Looking forward to Catbrows! More art please?

I'd like to see a discussion on a real plat sink, currently plat's main purpose seems just to trade with other people with very few reasons to spend it anything outside of weapon/warframe slots or maybe boosters during already boosted days.  I don't think it's something you can prepare within a couple of days or anything, just a bit of an issue in the game that could be addressed for a stronger game economy and reasons to pay into the game.

As much as I appreciate the complete departure from 'pay to win' in the game itself, things like Prime Access seem detrimental to the game's health by removing reasons to play the game with a premium currency that only adds one real quality of life function and accessorizing your character, ultimately. (Haven't been coming out with a lot of new color packs or new accessories either, and the latter seem to be slowly replaced by Prisma.)

Because if you get down to it, pretty much everything else in the store is farmable (which is great!) but for older players, why did you just pick up 4000 plat?

EDIT:  Oh, and slightly more important, what are we going to do with all these flipp'n samples?  I have thousands of each and they've been completely useless since the full parts have been available through invasions.  Could we just do away with them altogether and the research and enable more material drops on the new solar map?  Would make people explore the new map and work on those invasions to gain access to dojo related weapons in the future.

Edited by KainDarkfire

Last year, PhysX saw a massive change in it's general visual style, and with the introduction of the new particle system it's even less noticeable than before. Are there any plans to make PhysX worth enabling? Such as reverting the particles to the style shown in the Nvidia PhysX trailer?

Edited by -Sora-

1) Is there a chance Mesa will be getting version of her helmet that isn't blindfolded, or at least some concept art of it?

2) How about a Mesa Immortal Skin?

3) Will we ever see armor pieces that fit more over the stomach and thighs?

4) Is there any chance we'll get more options with our Warframes regarding armor pieces? For example, the odd dagger-like attachment on Volt's back, or Saryn's weird and hard to color waistband, or the added bits and bobs on Prime frames. Is there any chance we'll get an option of replacing or outright removing those?

Also, off topic, but when will we be getting adorable Moa companions that we can slap our guns on?

oh i have a question for the devstream why is it that when i post something on the forums that DE doesnt like it is taken down and I am messaged immediately but every time i have had a problem with the game where I have been cheated out of platinum or lost forma and then put in a support ticket i have never once been answered?

Oh also when is excalibur rework coming to consoles? 

I'm wondering if there has been much work on the Grineer Queens. These are two of the most important characters in the game's universe, yet we've only heard a coupe of lines of dialogue from them so far. Is there any chance we'd be able to see character art for these characters anytime soon, or are they still in the beginning stages due to continued discussion on how to best realize them in the game's universe?

is there any chance that the targeting on hydroids abilities will be fixed? more specifically his 1st, tempest barrage and his 4th, tentacle swarm. As of now when the ability is casted, most times very little to almost no enemies are actually even hit. I find this especially true with tentacle swarm, even in large crowds of enemies one could use tentacle swarm and only a small fraction of that large group will actually be hit by the swarm, this includes both the spawning and slapping around of the tentacles. it'd be really great if this could be looked at and yes I know hydroid isn't exactly the newest frame but that doesn't mean he still cant be fixed and tweaked. I mean look at the recent overhaul with Excalibur.

With the possibility of the new yin yang warframe being both male and female is the possibility for making gender alternate warframes still a possibility? such as ember being the gender equivalent to another warframe called the blaze, volt being equivalant to another being called tesla, ect.

Will we be seeing more skins such as the brokk hammer skin, and the manticore axe skin?

Questions on Helmets

First off, I love The Art design and work your team does with the Warframes and overall look of the game. :) Concerning helmets. Its great we have various helm choices with the the warframes. However, some helms don't look as nice/Epic as some of the original prime helms(Ember Prime, nova Prime, etc..). Have you considered making prime alternate helms for the prime warframes? Also, would you consider giving us the ability to make a more stock prime helmets? For instance: Having two or more Loki or Ember prime standard helms?

Edited by Theritok