Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #56 Character Art Past, Present, & Future.

[DE]Rebecca

Will Arcane enhancements ever be usable on something other than Helmets and Syandanas? There are many players such as myself who do not like using syandanas due to personal design preference. However, the only other choice is helmets and since a single helmet is not usable on different frames, as a syandana is, it makes little practical sense to use one instead of a syandana. So, as a player I am forced to use a syandana, which I don't like, in order to have flexibility and thereby more utility from my Arcane investment. Why can't we apply Arcanes to sigils and badges since those are also useable on different frames but can be made to be almost invisible should the player not want the "benefit" of an added cosmetic? I want a solution which allows me to use an Arcane with the subtle cosmetic change that is afforded by applying it to a helmet along with the flexibility of using it on different frames which is afforded by applying it to a syandana.

Please see the thread I started in March, 2015 for more discussion, thoughts, and suggestions.

https://forums.warfr...et-or-syandana/

forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/427367-arcane-enhancements-need-a-sigil-badge-and-not-just-restrict-players-to-using-a-helmet-or-syandana/

Also, is there any update on fixing Excalibur's broken immortal skin channeling effect (broken since at least March 3, 2015)?

https://forums.warfr...nneling-effect/

forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/411633-de-why-did-you-change-excaliburs-immortal-skin-channeling-effect/

Edited by cobra302

What was the concept behind Stalker? Why is he an Excal with a different helmet? Do you plan to make a unique body for him?

Is there going to be more unique robotic units for Corpus? As in, not a MOA/Osprey/Jackal/Hyena variant but something completely new?
Speaking of Corpus, I know it probably has less to do with character art but I must ask, why are they predominantly human in-game? Weren't they supposed to be using robotic proxies for just about everything without getting themselves seen much? Don't they at least somewhat value their own employees (why do prodmen exist)? Is their lore outdated by now? If so, what's your current vision of the faction?

Are you going to expand the idea of body armor into something more than it is now? Currently every armor piece is designed to fit any Warframe, existing and upcoming, thus eliminating much of the possibilities in their variety. Are you ever going to create cosmetic item sets that are designed for specific Warframes (just like the helmets)?

Are there any plans for future contests involving community-made art? I.e. what we had with enemy concepts and melee weapon concepts?

Will there be anything about lore or future quest. Such as the Queens that was hinted at, at the end of Vor's prize but never mentioned again.

As well will there be any concept as possible Liset models. or Liset customizations.

I know you guys have a lot of questions, :p must be crazy going through them all, but ill keep it short and sweet XD

Normal Loki is skinny and boney and doesnt look really stealthy or ninja-y but the prime version is all buffed out and pimped AF, looks like lucifer its bad arce, so will there be good visual changes from normal to prime like loki in the future? Because some of the changes arent much at all. Almost like saying 'put 2 chainz on him and call him prime' coolio. Thanks guys, i guess this was longer than i thought it would be :p lol ✌️

will there be future updates to aura effects? like mesa, chroma skills 2 and 3 where they just glow according to energy color. as compared to mirage where she actually gets a smoky effect or a prisma effect on her eclipse skill.

can we expect skins unique to other frames as well? like proto armor excal , precorpus valkyr, nemesis nyx. if so, who'd be next? PLEASE ASH :)

when can we expect a fix on braton prime recoloring?

I'd like to comment on the organic metal art style warframe has developed and i think it is very unique and beautiful keep up the good work.

maybe for a future devstream or during housekeeping:

1. when can we expect void to blow up and how would that affect the drop tables?

2. with parkour 2.0 coming would that also include a change in melee system combo counter and combo cancellation in particular?

is the greedy pull murder (as it currently is) final or work in progress?

i know ur concerns were the MESA+GMAG abuse, however imo nerfing the pull to where it only will NOT pull in energy orbs for team mates would have solved the problem just fine instead of not drawing in anything at all for team mates.

ive liked mag since the beginning ( first frame). her augment mod made her even more useful and super-diverse as a team player. now ,sadly she feels more like an arogant selfish frame imo. (mag deservs love too ;-)  )

1)How do you decide the look of a warframe?

2)Recent Warframes are visually very different from the first warframes to come. Is there a lore-related reason or is it simply that the art direction has changed?

3)How do you deal with some designs being disliked by the playerbase?

4)How do you impart the vibe that is distinctly 'Warframe' to your Designs? Player designed ones do not simply belong to the universe as well as yours. What is the secret?

5)What is your philosophy towards future designs?

6)Where or who do you draw inspiration from?

I saw far less questions that the art team can't really answer than I expected...

OT:

Earlier frames especially seem to draw their motifs from insects/crustaceans, while the later ones match their theme more visually and/or directly(ex. Limbo is a void magician, so he "wears a suit and top hat ensemble")-- is this a product of an evolving art style, or an attempt to more accurately convey the theme of a frame?

So. Warframe clearly takes inspiration from a multitude of sources, like Dune, Warhammer 40k and Guyver to name a few.

1) How closely do you descide on new character-designs when writing Lore and Story?

For example the Zero-Tech soldiers, The Sentient Commander, the Lorist, the Excecutors - they give simple descriptions and make me want to see it in the game.

In short: do you brainstorm concept-art based on new Lore, in tandem or maby Lore based on new concept-art?

2) How much of the design is traditional, like in Maya, and how much is pure sculpting? Sometimes it is obvious, and somwtimes a machine looks sculpted.

And is the biotech feel on purpose for a Lore-reason, since every tech uses infested spored or tc i some way or other.

3) Sometimes I feel warframe want to be hardcore serious sci-fi. Excalibur, Ash, Trinity, Jackal and most of the Infested designs are good examples.

Other parts feel humorous and allmost cartoony, like Nef Anyo, Mirage, Nova, Mesa, Khela de Thaym are examples of this.

How do you find a good balance to not make it goofy?

Warframe still feels unique. An acheivement in itself. Thank you!

I would like to ask DE to take a look at the "Petition" topics about removing resources from void missions. 

I also want to know when is the ETA for U17 and what it will include.

Then wondering when the sniper and shotgun buffs are coming.

Finally I was wondering when the Valkyre skin is coming along with the return of Nemesis Nyx.

Thanks

1. Since greedy pull has been nerfed, is this considered final or there will be further changes(change augment effect maybe) ?

2. Now that stamina scheduled to be gone, how will this effect blocking ?

3. How is the progress in lotus throne room ?

Is there any chance Frost/Frost Prime's stalagmite greaves can be removed in order to allow armor attachments to be put on? Presently leg armor attachments look a "little off" due to those greaves not being removable.

To date, it would appear the art direction has taken inspiration from many different themes for warframe designs with the most recent being Ash Prime's use of a kabuto and lamelar.  Any consideration to using Roman Centurians and hoplite armor for an inspiration on a future frame?

With cloth 2.0 now live, how can we expect it's addition to influence future themes? Any chance of cloak, long coat, or serape armor attachments in our future ?