Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #56 Character Art Past, Present, & Future.

[DE]Rebecca

My question:

Warframe appears to be constantly evolving to the community. How much is this true of the design team. Are there story and/or design notes that are unlikely to reach the community for months or years but that the design teams are aware of when designing new content? (Obviously im not fishing for spoiler info here, just an insight into the scale of planned development of the games new content is).

Thanks.

Question 1: Has there been thoughts of providing an option to sending offline messages?

Question 2: There has been a lot done with cosmetics. I have a few prime frames and old arcane helmets that I use. As we know the helmets colors changes with the rest of the frame. Could the helmets have their own color customizing system?

Question 3: With the prime versions of the frames and weapons coming out, could there be a way to extract the formas that were places on them? I have a few weapons with 4-5 formas on them and it would suck to have to level the new weapon 4-5 times on top of waiting 5 days to build the new formas (lets not get into cost and materials).

Question 4: Could we get a dual lex prime?

Thought: With the prime version of the frames coming out. Instead of an extraction method, what if the player can merge the frames (upgrade). The player will still have to farm for the original and prime frames, no change there. If they have a lvl 30 original version of the frame, with player added forma, and they acquire the prime version. Maybe do an additional 12hrs process (6 or less would be better) to transfer the formas from the old frame to the new one. The cost is you will lose your old frame and credits. Now, you have a new frame and your formas still.

Is Horizontal wall-running now a scrapped feature?

Horizontal wallrunning is my favorite part of the current warframe parkour system and it would be really

sad to see it get replaced by this new Wall-hopping maneuver, I was also very excited to see the preview

for Directional horizontal wall-running which would have greatly enhanced wall-running to make it more

accurate on where the player wanted to go, So is horizontal wall-running not returning? Or will it get

combined with the new features that are being added?

A popular concept was to combine both wall-running and wall-hopping together for more accuracy during

parkour segments

Example:

Hold [ Spacebar ] to wall-run on walls

Release [ Spacebar ] To jump off the wall towards the camera's view

This could lead to more pinpoint accuracy during parkour so you can choose where to chain your parkour

moves instead of being force-propelled forward after wallrunning. 

Green = Wall-run

Yellow = Wall-jump

M874aW2.png

Basically like the previewed wall-hopping but with added directional horizontal wallrunning:

RqGaWBk_zpsmr1rhsob.gif

Could we possibly be seeing a rework for the weakest boss ever to grace a video game? (Ambulas)

We've gotten reworks for Nef Anyo, Tyl Regor and Im guessing the Juggernaught behemoth will replace Phorid. Weve also seen stuff for kayla and J3 but nothing about Ambulas. I mean he IS supposed to be the last boss you beat, so shouldnt he be the hardest?

I hope to see a Nekros Prime Design...been waiting for him for so long....He should come well before mesa, Hydroid and most newer WF...feel free to hate but its a fact. I hope he gets a much needed armor buff and more energy pool. Hahaha.

Anyway. Really excited here ^^ .

1. Is Archwing stamina gone in Move 2.0 as well?

2. Will we see Move 2.0 integrated into the combat control mechanics? Shooting while parkouring? Further/higher shoot-dives? Style kill affinity bonus akin to stealth kill affinity bonus? Further/faster slides to counteract the loss of coptering mobility?

Are there any plans to rework older enemies (appearance and/or mechanics)? In particular it would nice to see flameblades finally get their own weapon, maybe a grineer heavy blade or a flamethrower gunblade.

Are there going to be any changes to melee combat with parkour 2.0? The removal of air melee has the potential to damage melee's already tenuous viability as a playstyle (although removal of stamina from blocking might help, depending on how that turns out).

Is there any chance of getting some more tiles added to the oldest tilesets (grineer galleon, corpus ship etc.)?

1. Is mag also getting a rework like Frost?

2. Will there be an actual orokin boss? Someone is gotta be in charge of those corrupted maniacs and sure as hell it shouldnt be Vor the silly Grandpa

3. Will we get more lore, raids or will there be specific lore mission types in the future? (Id really appreciatte to know more about the old war or go on quests about discovering the past)
4.Will there be changes on the current rewards for planets with higher level missions?past saturn almost everywere you get the feeling of being the only tenno alive,wich isnt that nice since grineers aint that friendly(lets not speak about their hospitality etiquette)

when u remove stamina what are u going to do about the following: toxic chroma and hexis truth radial blast?

Actually, I was wondering this too. More specifically everything that has to do with stamina, mods weapons all of that good stuff. 

I was also wondering when we could get a release date on update U17 or maybe some armor buffs for frost and rhino? 

1. Is mag also getting a rework like Frost?

2. Will there be an actual orokin boss? Someone is gotta be in charge of those corrupted maniacs and sure as hell it shouldnt be Vor the silly Grandpa

3. Will we get more lore, raids or will there be specific lore mission types in the future? (Id really appreciatte to know more about the old war or go on quests about discovering the past)

4.Will there be changes on the current rewards for planets with higher level missions?past saturn almost everywere you get the feeling of being the only tenno alive,wich isnt that nice since grineers aint that friendly(lets not speak about their hospitality etiquette)

I guess we should ask do all of the frames have the potential to be reworked? (Better Iron skin would be nice but I don't think rhino needs a complete rework. just buffs.) An orokin boss that isn't corrupted vor would be nice. 

A topic I actually love! Awesome!

Questions!

1) What's the design you've enjoyed most working on?

2) Looking back, this games has evolved a lot in the art department. Off all the changes, from Warframes to Primes, Grineer to Infested, Bosses, what's been the point that have made you guys think "Well, we've really come far, haven't we?"

3) Where do you draw your inspiration from?

4) What's been the most difficult concept to actually add to the game (from paper/drawing to the engine)? A character with attachments? Vay Hek's awesome parrot mode?

Will melee weapon stances ever be updated at some point? I feel like a whole lot of weapon stances in the game aren't worth using due to lack of damage multipliers, lack of combos, lack of combo variety/utility and some just having very awkward animations.

Also: What about charge attacks? In one devstream you guys mentioned that charge attacks may be coming back, so I wanna know if you guys are still considering this or not.

Edited by Kaiyam