The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Have They Done To Mags Pull?

(PSN)B0XMAN517

Question

Serious question, there are dozens of threads about greedy pull being nerfed, but what exactly are the changes to the augment and the "naked" ability?

With all the threads I've found it difficult to find devs spelling out the changes (maybe I'm not searching hard enough).

What I've gathered from other players is that greedy pull will only pull junk to mag and "naked" pull will be a narrow cone.

If anyone has any info on the changes I would appreciate your time. I haven't had the time to test this and I'm not sure the changes have even hit ps4.

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517

15 answers to this question

So, how is this represented in the game? While playing, when items drop, they remain visually on screen for each player to be able to pick up. So now when Mag pulls them, do they come to her and then disappear or do they duplicate where they visually stay at the original drop location and get pulled to Mag as well?

So, how is this represented in the game? While playing, when items drop, they remain visually on screen for each player to be able to pick up. So now when Mag pulls them, do they come to her and then disappear or do they duplicate where they visually stay at the original drop location and get pulled to Mag as well?

Greedy Mag uses pull, gets all mods, ammo, energy, health, and life support drops to one spot.

Other players on the squad don't see this, everything stays where it originally dropped.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

Greedy Mag uses pull, gets all mods, ammo, energy, health, and life support drops to one spot.

Other players on the squad don't see this, everything stays where it originally dropped.

Life support should still benefit the entire squad though correct? As any picked up adds to the overall timer or no?

Life support should still benefit the entire squad though correct? As any picked up adds to the overall timer or no?

Yup, life support pulls would benefit the mission and by extension the entire squad.  All the flames you see on the board are from Gmag + Mesa lovers who have lost their "press one button to win" meta.  They feel that max efficiency is the best (or only) way to play.  Of course they're wrong, but they're still mad regardless.

That's pretty good then as sometimes pulling in those life supports dropped is essential. I guess I'm not that bummed about it because I only built Gmag for team play as she is not particularly a frame I like to use personally. So she was only ever set up for that reason. And honestly, I hate farming and the quickness of her to pull stuff in made it more tolerable. LOL But overall, not a huge loss to me at least.

All the flames you see on the board are from Gmag + Mesa lovers who have lost their "press one button to win" meta. 

I'm not concerned by that at all. The GPull change barely effected this, we're just back to Trinity and a 1 second pause every two minutes (needed anyways to not AFK).

The more concerning effect of the GPull change is that players are going to lose out on a lot of resources and mods that drop, but are replaced by new drops before players pick them up. One of the biggest stealth nerfs to resource/mod acquisition came in U16, when they cut the number of pickups that could be on the map before cycling to 1/4 of the previous amount.

The subsequent loss of resources/mods from both the U16 change and the loss of the workaround to the U16 change (GPull) is what worries me, as it's just decreasing rewards/time and increasing the amount of time for the same rewards - in colloquialism, increasing the grind.