Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Building Warframe: Ash Prime

DE_Adam

Ash Prime has made his way into the Void, and while Tenno storm the Orokin towers in search of his elusive component parts we thought it may be nice to share a few images from the creative process that helped transition Ash back to the Orokin Era.  It's been a long time coming for Ash, but we're all thrilled at how well his Prime treatment has come out.

Click here for this glimpse into the visual conceptualization that made Ash Prime possible, and let us know what you think!

-DE_Adam

Ash Prime has made his way into the Void, and while Tenno storm the Orokin towers in search of his elusive component parts we thought it may be nice to share a few images from the creative process that helped transition Ash back to the Orokin Era.  It's been a long time coming for Ash, but we're all thrilled at how well his Prime treatment has come out.

Click here for this glimpse into the visual conceptualization that made Ash Prime possible, and let us know what you think!

-DE_Adam

ACCESS DENIED

For the longest time, I was scared of the concept of an Ash Prime. I saw Prime frames being released, that I just didn't like. Since Ash is my favorite frame, naturally, I would be very critical when he would get primed. I was worried I would be disappointed.

However, I couldn't be more satisfied. You guys did a fantastic job with his design, and I am thrilled. Buying prime access was worth every penny and I look forward to play as this new Ash Prime for a long time.

Edited by Zareek

-DE_Adam

It was a good job I confess that I was surprised when I got my Ash Prime as it is even better visually speaking when you are playing than when we see it in some art or when we see someone else playing with it, it was amazing the work done on the helmet, totally different from anything we've seen so far, I'm curious Adam, because when we try to change the colors in the chest, arm, hair (ponytail), leg and knee Ash Prime certain areas still gray, this is something that will be corrected in the future allowing us recolor these areas currently not colorable?
Edited by (PS4)RNickS_BRASIL

As per this thread, any thoughts on improving all the massive clipping issues he has (ponytail, leg "handles" on the top back part of his thigh guards, frontal head "dangles" etc, it all clashes with himself and his choice of syandanas etc)?

I mean, his design is totally frikkin' awesome, quality-wise, but his "logistics"-design is not exactly great (worst 'frame so far in that regard, actually)

Edited by Azamagon

-DE_Adam

So if Prime frames are supposed to be guilded warriors from the height of the orokin era, why then does Frost prime seem to be the least guilded one atm. He's basically normal Frost with a prime helmet.