Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Building Warframe: Ash Prime

DE_Adam

Good find Deidaku, Ash Prime and U2 Championship Apophos do look like they went to similar customers. Maybe they are long lost cousins :)

I would say that the "go-T" is more akin to a Mask a Samurai wears over their face. Because they did say his helmet was based more off of a samurai.

I would say that the "go-T" is more akin to a Mask a Samurai wears over their face. Because they did say his helmet was based more off of a samurai.

Samurai did wear masks, but an egyptian chin beard is not a common feature on those samurai masks worn with their Odonata helmets.

I like most of how he looks up until you reach the head.  Main thing that makes Regular Ash "still" the coolest looking Warframe is he has the least of the "too much" added to him, no big unnecessary horn sticking out, he looks like "The Ninja Warframe".  The helmet on Prime has a huge weird tail thing and a crown?  I just hope Devs will start doing alternate prime helmets.  Torso design is awesome.

Ash Prime has made his way into the Void, and while Tenno storm the Orokin towers in search of his elusive component parts we thought it may be nice to share a few images from the creative process that helped transition Ash back to the Orokin Era.  It's been a long time coming for Ash, but we're all thrilled at how well his Prime treatment has come out.

Click here for this glimpse into the visual conceptualization that made Ash Prime possible, and let us know what you think!

-DE_Adam

I really love the design of Ash Prime!! One of my favorite designs in the game. Very well done DE <3

For the longest time, I was scared of the concept of an Ash Prime. I saw Prime frames being released, that I just didn't like. Since Ash is my favorite frame, naturally, I would be very critical when he would get primed. I was worried I would be disappointed.

However, I couldn't be more satisfied. You guys did a fantastic job with his design, and I am thrilled. Buying prime access was worth every penny and I look forward to play as this new Ash Prime for a long time.

And I am the complete opposite.

As an Ashu main player, whose Ash seen 32% use time and been polarized 9 times (9-star general!), I cannot but detest and reject this new frame.

Beginning from the ridiculous twi'lek head-tail which breaks his smooth, slick, design and silhouette, to the helmet that is nothing like the menacing mandible default that makes him so fearsome and designates his predatory nature and that was made his signature look.

It's funny, but everyone I spoke to said he reminds them of something else; many other things, different for each person. Yet no one told me that he reminds them of Ash.

A samurai??? Ash is a Ninja! The only proper manifestation of shinobi in this entire game.

Excalibur is the Samurai, if anything. Give him that helmet. Orokin only knows Excal Prime could use some love and redesign to that frame.

It's funny, everyone

Next there are these handle-bars on Ash Prime's thighs, as if he's some sort of a crane or a tractor to be mounted. What is up with that? Spoils the entire feel and debase him even further.

Moving forward you encounter that his once magnificent terminator-esque slick, sexy, spine is entirely removed. Replaced by what may only be described as a grotesque infestation growth.

kiVghoy.png

And then, as a final slap in the face, he cannot be coloured properly the way Ashu can. He has a constant bright gamma or whatever of sorts on any colour you give him. Outside of the immortal skin, his chest piece is unpaintable. The entire paint scheme is different from vanilla Ashu so you cannot even choose the same pattern of colours.

From a wickedly elegant and streamlined design proper for a Ninja that would make the Hattori Hanzou character in Samurai Spirits proud to a monstrous not-Ash that aside the Torso and portion of his feet reminds nothing the sort of Ash.

If at least the his helmet been based on the Locust one instead of the Scorpion (which never made sense) and realized to its full proper potential (obviously the design was inspired from The Predator's mask; requires a few changes, such as proper Jamaican dreadlocks instead of that lame, limp, tiny tail) I could at least understand.

This is Ash. A predator. Assassin. A killer. He's supposed to be fearsome.

I can appreciate the design aesthetically, from an artistic point of view. But this is not an ASH design. It does not fit.

I am sorry, Mynki. It is how I feel (at the end, I acknowledge, this is all about subjective semantics; and I have become personally attached to the end-product of the vanilla Ashu). To me, this is botched on every level of the way.