The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag's Funeral, Vauban's Rebirth

SanguineSavant

Today we commit the body of greedy mag to the depths. She was taken before her prime. Wow that uh...Mag Prime retirement crack was completely accidental. Anywho, lazy playstyles gone and forgotten - do not despair yet my fellow Tenno - there is an answer and it lies in the past (and it's actually - dare I say it? fun). Here is your solution:

Trinity (Corrosive Projection): Vampire leech augment, stretch, overextended, blind rage, transient fortitude, fleeting expertise, streamline, (primed) flow.
Why? Energy and overshield. This will put up most shields to somewhere over 1500 (without redirection on) with constant casts and energy for days (screw energy siphon).

Loki (Corrosive Projection): Stretch, ovextended, fleeting expertise, (primed) flow, (primed) continuity, quick thinking. Anything else is your choice though I recommend consitution and vitality - stay away from anything that compromises range or efficiency. Also, stay away from irradiating disarm. You want enemies to come at you, not dawdle elsewhere.

Why? Nerf those bombards into the ground, they're your priority otherwise help shoot out disruptors.

Nova (Corrosive Projection): Ovextended, fleeting expertise, streamline, (primed) flow, (primed) continuity, narrow minded, quick thinking, vitality.

Why? You guessed it - Speed Nova. Having no luck doing Speed Nova runs with Mesa? To quote the late Mr Mayes - NOT ANYMORE.

And the old time champ, straight from the bottom of the arsenal floor - give it up for BOOOOOOOOOOO-BAN~!!!

Vauban (Corrosive Projection): Repelling bastille, overextended, stretch. fleeting expertise, (primed) flow, (primed) continuity, constitution, quick thinking.
Why? Bastille. You thought vortex? You know nothing Tenno. Gear up for target practice because easy mode just initiated.

Feel free to adapt this strategy to your liking but after playtesting this with a friend and two randoms I haven't had more fun in a defence in a while. Downs were rare, people could breath and drops weren't ever too far away from homebase. Enjoy guys, this ones on Booben.

Edited by Warwickane

Sounds exactly like the trade and true squad of past, kind of glad to see its rebirth. This group requires actual active playing of the game.

I'm just so damn tired of people thinking Mag was a 1 trick pony and not knowing how to use her = useless.

... Isnt Oberon and Zephyr in the same boat?

I'm just so damn tired of people thinking Mag was a 1 trick pony and not knowing how to use her = useless.

The only funeral that needs to be held is for all the Corrupted I blew up and smashed into health orbs with Mag and Oberon this week.

@Scytze: LOL that's hysterical. Sadly that mentality is not just limited to bad Boobens, it's also something a lot of non booben's mistakenly think. 

Many people just don't understand that Vauban has abilities besides Vortex, or that Bastille is usually more effective against ranged foes, or that his bounce can be used for more than just trolling, etc. 

I don't know if you mean they are underused because people think they are 1-trick ponies

I don't know if you mean they are underused because people think they are 1-trick ponies

Its mostly because of reputation.

Mag had a reputation of being useless before Greedy Pull, but that was because she was not effective in NUKING Grineer, Shield Polarize can cause a devastation to Corpus and Corrupted when many Shield Drones are around no matter the armor, it was with her that we could go hours in survival and the shield restore is good and the team will thank you in their minds the fact that you are making sure their health is protected, Bullet Attractor can make a "Shield'' where in a Hallway, directing all enemy fire, even Bombards and Nalpans rockets back to them, Pull is a CC, a bunch of enemies in front of you? They are too much? Just pull them out of your way. Crush was bugged and underwhelming because enemies ragdolled and falled back on their feet shooting you before your animation ended, That was fixed and it now deals 3 ticks of damage, still not good versus Grineer or Corrupted Armor, but to shields and robotics...

Oberon's Smite didnt do a Rad proc in the first enemy hit and the projectiles didnt home-in on them and didnt do Puncture proc. Hallowed Ground didnt give any of the boosts it has now, Renewal was slow to get to your squadmates you could outrun the healling projectile if you wished. Reckoning didnt have the granted Radiation proc to surviving enemies and didnt blind those that entered the radius after the cast.

Zephyr's Tail Wind's take-off mechanic is situational in a game where most title sets have a low ceeling and the 'dash' can bee too fast and doesnt do enough in damage, its used mostly to escape. Divebomb, you have to be in the air to use this, the animation is clunky, I fall on my feet if I jump and use it, its a good emergency CC, but the execution leaves to be desired. Turbulence is a power I like and I'm sure many do as well, it can delfect projectiles in that enter a certian radius and hitscan weapons will always miss if they are inside the "Outer Layer" of the power and its not effected by Strenght mods which is a bonus if you want nothing to hit you in CC... cept melee enemies. Tornado at the start send items flying or stuck them to the ceeling or INTO the ceeling, making them impossible to get. And enemies being send all over the map, while fun, takes off what the players want: loot and XP, enemies send all over the place and not dead makes the spawn slower since they have to tarck those enemies to finish them off, its an awesome power, but underappreciated by players used to kill things fast.

So, "yes" in the case of Mag and "no" in Oberon's and Zephyr's case. People dont want to learn the inner workings of Mag and broader their views in how to use her well, ending up using only what is considered good at the moment and forget the rest AKA Meta. Oberon and Zephyr are mostly because of reputation, older players will remember the bad experiences and it will cloud their judment about the frame and if older players dont like a thing it will influence newer ones as well.

@Scytze: LOL that's hysterical. Sadly that mentality is not just limited to bad Boobens, it's also something a lot of non booben's mistakenly think.

Many people just don't understand that Vauban has abilities besides Vortex, or that Bastille is usually more effective against ranged foes, or that his bounce can be used for more than just trolling, etc.

What are you talking about? I have never seen a boonen use bounce for anything except trolling.

Draco:

2 Mesa

1 Trinity

1 Frost

Mesa Alternate using PM while Trinity uses EV. Problem solved.

yeah-ok.gif

Who needs GMag Prime or Trinity?

When you can run 4x Sahasa Kubrows that dig up orbs nonstop.

In this thread; dogs feed you.

Is that actually a thing though cause it sounds really undependable.

Out with the new, in with the old.

post-57918-Denzel-Washington-my-man-gif-

Edited by Warwickane

Today we commit the body of greedy mag to the depths. She was taken before her prime. Wow that uh...Mag Prime retirement crack was completely accidental. Anywho, lazy playstyles gone and forgotten - do not despair yet my fellow Tenno - there is an answer and it lies in the past (and it's actually - dare I say it? fun). Here is your solution:

Trinity (Corrosive Projection): Vampire leech augment, stretch, overextended, blind rage, transient fortitude, fleeting expertise, streamline, (primed) flow.

Why? Energy and overshield. This will put up most shields to somewhere over 1500 (without redirection on) with constant casts and energy for days (screw energy siphon).

Loki (Corrosive Projection): Stretch, ovextended, fleeting expertise, (primed) flow, (primed) continuity, quick thinking. Anything else is your choice though I recommend consitution and vitality - stay away from anything that compromises range or efficiency. Also, stay away from irradiating disarm. You want enemies to come at you, not dawdle elsewhere.

Why? Nerf those bombards into the ground, they're your priority otherwise help shoot out disruptors.

Nova (Corrosive Projection): Ovextended, fleeting expertise, streamline, (primed) flow, (primed) continuity, narrow minded, quick thinking, vitality.

Why? You guessed it - Speed Nova. Having no luck doing Speed Nova runs with Mesa? To quote the late Mr Mayes - NOT ANYMORE.

And the old time champ, straight from the bottom of the arsenal floor - give it up for BOOOOOOOOOOO-BAN~!!!

Vauban (Corrosive Projection): Repelling bastille, overextended, stretch. fleeting expertise, (primed) flow, (primed) continuity, constitution, quick thinking.

Why? Bastille. You thought vortex? You know nothing Tenno. Gear up for target practice because easy mode just initiated.

Feel free to adapt this strategy to your liking but after playtesting this with a friend and two randoms I haven't had more fun in a defence in a while. Downs were rare, people could breath and drops weren't ever too far away from homebase. Enjoy guys, this ones on Booben.

This isn't a lazy playstyle per say on the scale of greedy mag since it requires actually shooting people at the least.