Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Prime Textures, Mesh & Animation Bugs Collection Thread

Zareek

Dear DE,

The coloration for Ash Prime's new amoured area both helm and shoulders, etc is not showing dark colors correctly.  For example, if you give it the darkest black color from the Smoke set all you get is a matte black finish that gleams rather than the pure black that you should get.  It's off, was hoping we could get a fix for it?  (May want to take a look at the immortal skin on the Ash Prime too while you're at it, his butt looks weird again, like a diaper.  

Tenno out

Noo...i have a badass looking ASH prime with tht grey blob...

He's like a fing Bee type.... and i finally am able to color ash without black and white anywhere (grey doesnt count XP) AND im not using the immortal skin

front:   https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1626157264337735&set=pcb.1626157397671055&type=1&theater

side:    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1626157271004401&set=pcb.1626157397671055&type=1&theater

back    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1626157294337732&set=pcb.1626157397671055&type=1&theater

i couldnt get them to paste here and it wouldnt let me show it in steam online screen shots we when i made them public :(

Edited by Smoking-Ashes

Immortal skins have been taking gold off of primes since MAG, and they are going to take even more gold off of fresh that have trim that can be coloured, I don't hate the fact that prime trim can be coloured, but I want the option to have a standard primed trim already, also a way to keep that trim when you equip immortals

My Vectis prime looks like a fisher price toy right now. I can't get a dark blue onto the primary slot because of this. 

Yup, both got shipped with this issue, just hoping DE recognizes it and can get a quick fix worked out, Scott usually notices these things.  =)

1. When invis from Arcane Trickery is active the semiviseable body of Ash Prime has NO HEAD.

2. ASH performing Blade Storm SHOULD be untoucheable BUT enemies affecting energy (draining it) can make it even while BS. Sometimes energy falls down without a reason. (its like it was same mechanic like Peacemaker etc). its very annoying and dangerous. Sometimes my energy was drained from 250 to 0 before BS ended... and then with no ene to cast smoke bombo, teleport or another BS - it can be troublesome...

3. Sometimes there is no Combo Counter while BS is performed.

4. BS STILL (god this bug is as old as this game...) end in falling under map... especially when we use Worm Hole just before casting it...

5. Color issues of Ash Prime were mentioned in other topics (no black color avalible).

DISCLAIMER : This is not a Ash Prime design bashing thread. This is only a thread for technical issues with Ash Prime.

A lot of threads have come up in this forum section, in the 'Warframes & Abilites' section and in the PC Bugs sub-forum about Ash Prime's technical issues regarding his textures, mesh clipping etc. This is an attempt to [MEGATHREAD] these issues into one place and I will try to ask the mods to merge all the other threads here.

I'm on PC but can add problems encountered by PS4 and XB1 players if they post screenshots here.

All the issues, with images or videos >

1. TEXTURES >

a. Texture Quality Issue - Area under the Prime armor area on the thigh showing original Ash texture part that has a jagged glitch when using dark colors, in this instance pure black from Smoke palette. This is circled in red in the screenshot below.

b. Texture Quality Issue - Blurry textures / texture areas on his inner thigh area. Also the transition from those textures to the Hi-Res PBR right next to it is not good. Also circled in red.

ONhbSQS.jpg

z40Obmn.jpg

c. Texture Quality Issue - Another jagged texture edge found while using Smoke Black and Ice Blue colors, the lining on Ash's Chest/Stomach area had a jagged transition on it's edges. Circled in red. It is clear only when facing a light source.

jigal40.jpg

More screenshots by Drufo from this thread > Ash Prime: A Kind Of Delusion

4mJsKgs.jpg

5545WD8.jpg

d. IMMORTAL SKIN ISSUE - When using the Immortal Skin large sections of Ash Prime are colored using the color for the PBR gold trim, i.e., Tint Color 4. When reverting to default colors the Immortal Skin also defaults to it's original green and cannot be changed independently of the PBR Trim.

rlTSUEE.jpg

Y2I7T4U.jpg

BzEE1rP.jpg

HxkyC5b.jpg

e. GRAY COLOR ISSUE - Not a bug, rather a feature that there have been many complaints about in various threads as listed below. Colored Ash completely white from the Smoke Palette to show large sections of uncolorable gray areas, which we would appreciate to be allowed to color. 

Nr1keIN.jpg

gv4ZK6Z.jpg

2. MESH >

a. Clipping Issue - The helmet 'dangly bits' clip with the rest of him no matter what. Following screens show him in different poses and with the different animation sets. All problems circled in red. The helmet looks like it was worked very hard on but collision meshes on the dangles are missing.

Qvg1SRO.jpg

cgeRkbV.jpg

aoMrkwR.jpg

raFaSKu.jpg

b. Clipping Issue - The receptacles for his 'hidden blades' clip with the armor mesh on top of it. Comparison with original Ash is provided. I was fully expecting those parts to be primed up and PBR'd.

MRG7J6y.jpg

1Juo6NG.jpg

c. Misplacement Issue - The hidden blades receptacle shows as under the arm on the Ash Prime in the Codex, while it is shown over the arm in game and in Arsenal on both Ash and Ash Prime and Ash in the Codex. Also, the Ponytail on the default helmet is missing on Ash Prime in the Codex.

SylG1V4.jpg

t3Kh7jl.jpg

d. Clipping Issue - Brought to my attention by Evan-0-matic, any and all secondaries clip heavily through Ash Prime's thigh armor area. 9 screenshots with different secondaries added here, with the problem areas circled in red. >

I30CMsa.jpg

sVMQWJl.jpg

X67ZqQn.jpg

0m1807L.jpg

lwCdrI2.jpg

5u00IgE.jpg

6E9p79Q.jpg

jjLo90I.jpg

NPujhUD.jpg

e. Clipping Issue - Brought to my attention by Azamagon, there is Heavy clipping between Ash Prime's ponytail and any Syandana and light clipping between ponytail and outermost edge of the gold trim on leg armor protrusions. Videos provided below.

f. Clipping and Misplacement Issue - Brought to my attention by HooDie7 and originally posted by Ash21-0408 here > Ash Prime And Prisma Daedalus Shoulderguards, normal Daedalus Shoulder Plates sit correctly on Ash Prime's shoulder armor, while the Prisma Daedalus Shoulder Plates do not sit correctly and clip with the shoulder armor.

Also, the Dragon Nikana can be seen clipping through his leg armor area.

Fixed with Update 17.6.2 > https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/541693-hotfix-1762/

Normal Daedalus Shoulder Plates sitting correctly:

EsASUjK.jpg

0553irV.jpg

Prisma Daedalus Shoulder Plates not sitting correctly:

kJ8XxZc.jpg

GTmFVnm.jpg

KmUGguI.jpg

g. Clipping Issue - Brought to my attention by and Kanjar, all Bow quivers clip through Ash Prime's spine armor area.

Sg9QP37.jpg

0cCNeRg.jpg

0fhrMJW.jpg

Dj7AkEu.jpg

h. Clipping Issue - Brought to my attention by , the Dragon Nikana clips right through Ash Prime's arm when he is holding a bow.

xPCdxBM.jpg

i. Misplacement Issue - Originally posted by Dachus here > Dendra Armor On Ash Prime, the Dendra Shoulder pads are misaligned on Ash Prime, with one being higher than the other. Unknown if this is intended or not.

ObTbq6N.png

3. ANIMATION >

a. Bladestorm Animation Issue - While playing Ash Prime I noticed something odd, 2 original Ash clones flicker on the screen for a split second right when activating Bladestorm. So I took a long video of it while playing and took screenshots from it to show this problem. Those original Ash clones appear only for a split second and then the clones that actually kill are the correct Ash Prime ones. All screenshots provided below.

NOTE : I was not host during this game and I noticed it in another game when I was again not the host. I have also been able to replicate this bug when I am hosting and in the Simulacrum.

Wrong Ash clones showing up on activating Bladestorm >

qWp6Mnu.jpg

Exdcd4m.jpg

bhFA9dq.jpg

Correct Ash Prime Clones murdering things >

Q8o1CKC.jpg

98Y8cNU.jpg

b. Ash Prime Default Helmet Ponytail Detachment Issue in Archwing - Originally posted by Hydroxate and MrMitchel here > Ash Prime Detachable Ponytail In Archwing and Ash Primes Hair Detaches From His Helmet In Archwing

the default helmet's ponytail lags when there is movement of the archwing and gets detached from the helmet temporarily.

iRZX0go.jpg

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/443953434414777825/F8F1D4D4B0DC4187AC33F20095E6CA310966CE15/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/443953434414776573/C69C7392B80F2C7CDFB536DF571653E81A469A70/

4. PS4 PROBLEMS > (PROBLEM SOLVED!)

a. Texture / Model / PBR Issue - Brought to my attention by (PS4)COGSPARTAN117, there seems to be a problem where parts of Ash Prime's model, textures and PBR don't render correctly. The following screenshots taken by that player show the loss of arm threading, along with muddy textures and lack of PBR all over the model.

Also brought up by another player here > Ash Prime Arms Show No Detail

http://i.imgur.com/adODFre.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Hj3OmaW.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qFFf6Pj.jpg

PROBLEM SOLVED SCREENSHOTS (Thanks to (PS4)COGSPARTAN117) >

sobQGO0.jpg

oLgmosW.jpg

4. UPDATE 17 PROBLEMS >

a. Misalignment / Clipping Issue - Left Prisma Daedalus Shoulder plates now even more misaligned and sit deeper in Ash Prime's shoulder armor. Brought to my attention by aerosoul1337.

ndA5hdb.jpg

b. Mesh Misalignment / Warping Issue - Brought to my attention by aerosoul1337, when Ash Prime is holding the Harpak or Hek, his left arm gets twisted and warped improperly. Images by aerosoul1337 >

29qfeqo.jpg

24ux74k.jpg

5. ASH ACCESSORIES PROBLEMS >

a. Locust Helmet Physics Issue - Brought to my attention by Vorpal_Ocelot in this thread > https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/502164-ash-locust-helmet-broken-physics/ Ash's Locust Helmet's Left side 'ear lobe' does not dangle like it's Right side one, possibly being a physics or mesh bug. The following video shows this problem >

AND lastly, this is not really an Ash Prime exclusive problem but it is important since the PBR on Ash Prime has the same problem with every other PBR'd thing in the game, it doesn't work correctly in Void and Derelict Tilesets and loses an entire 'layer' of shading / 'shinyness'. FIXED WITH UPDATE 17.5.

The Relays have PBR switching at different points. All this can be seen in action in my bug thread here > 

[Videos] Pbr (Physical Based Rendering) Not Working Properly On Void Tilesets / Relays

I will update this thread with more issues if anyone finds them. Please post all issues here, it would be easier for DE to see all these problems in one place.

I also request anyone who sees this to upvote it so that it may finally reach DE's eyes one day.

Edited by Sci_Ant
Removed linked that have been merged

Am I the only one who notices that EVERY secondary completely or partially disappears into his thigh when holstered?

This may have been mentioned in other threads, but I'm at work and don't have the time sort through them :/

Thank you, OP for starting this thread! I was going to do the same later tonight.

And please add the 'secondary clipping issue(s)' to your list if I missed it.

Thank again!

Alright so this is not a Megathread anymore since apparently normal forum users can't make them. I already got an infraction for that and so I advise others against putting the [Megathread] tag in their threads.

Either way I will continue to update this thread if people continue to post their bugs here.

Can we add ps4 can't put arcane enhancements on his helm here?

That isn't an Art and Animation issue so I'm afraid I can't add that here.

Am I the only one who notices that EVERY secondary completely or partially disappears into his thigh when holstered?

This may have been mentioned in other threads, but I'm at work and don't have the time sort through them :/

Thank you, OP for starting this thread! I was going to do the same later tonight.

And please add the 'secondary clipping issue(s)' to your list if I missed it.

Thank again!

Thank you for bringing that to my attention! I have added 9 screenshots of the secondaries clipping to the OP under the Mesh section and mentioned you there. And thanks for the appreciation! I sure hope this will help DE find all the problems in one thread.

Awesome!

Thank you again, OP.

I will continue to 'bump' this thread until it's at least acknowledged by a DE staff member.

Warning points be damned!

Thanks for the support ! :D But don't get yourself into any trouble. XD

Ash Prime design looks awesome but theres some things that need to be fixed

*Gray colors that can't be changed on his arms 

*Gray colors that can't be changed on his ponytail

*Gray colors that can't be changed on his legs

*Blade Storm blade still gray on Ash Prime ??? What how this ???

*Ash prime textures on prime parts looks so unfinished they look ugly

*Grest question also about Ash Prime colors is ; why 1 pallet color just to change the detail on his helmet and ponytail ??? Why ? Why ?  Why ?

*Why we can't make Ash Prime full black ?

*Ash Imortal don't dress very well on Ash Prime Many things still unchanged like his arms that don't show the lotus simbols while you using Immortal on Ash Prime

Sorry DE but please this Ash Prime really need a review .