Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Prime Textures, Mesh & Animation Bugs Collection Thread

Zareek

Concerning the blades, aren't they supposed to be mounted on the bottom of his wrist instead of the top? In the codex, Ash Prime's hidden blades come from under is forearm and not the top, so the clipping may be the result of the blades being misplaced.

Really confused about this too, the prime access picture and in game show the wrist blades are on top. But the codex shows it under. Seeing how his hands are bent out in the codex though makes me think the blades are meant to be under his wrist for the prime. On a side note I as hoping the blades would have get new design, seeing how other Primes get a special visual effect on one of their abilities. The little swirls from teleport and smokescreen seem too underwhelming when compared to Volt prime's lightning bolt or Rhino prime's gold iron skin

its just the smoke? didn't notice as i use golden energy colour xD

Hey, nice thread!

Was just wondering if you could show pictures of the stuff I mentioned in my "Ash Prime - Clipping Issues Galore" thread?

There are more issues, but my main issues with Ash Prime are:

* Frontal head dangles clipping with himself no matter what (which you have already showed, good job!)

* The ponytail and the leg "handles" (upper back part of the thigh guard) can easily clip with each other. On top of that, either/both of them also clip with Syandanas. Looks horrendous no matter what you do. Right now I use the Scorpion helmet to avoid this as much as possible (that at least rids the ponytail clipping problem for now). Which leads me to the next issue:

* Ash Prime is "damp" while regular Ash and his old helmets are all shinier. Equipping older helmets on Ash Prime thus looks ... not that great.

so I bought the immortal skin for my ash prime with my remaining plat and the color combo isnt really that good. if you like to keep the original gold on ash prime with his immortal skin, you must also have this highly noticeable base color near his waist and back to go with it (tint color 4 while ash immortal skin is equipped, try it.). i always thought the gold would link to the smaller tint like the lotus symbols.

edit?

and, yes. please fix his bangs.

I'm pretty sure the developers were confused on to where his blades would retract. Also, the blades in the gameplay and the blades in the codex are two different designs, that's a bummer.

On a side note I as hoping the blades would have get new design, seeing how other Primes get a special visual effect on one of their abilities. The little swirls from teleport and smokescreen seem too underwhelming when compared to Volt prime's lightning bolt or Rhino prime's gold iron skin

this is true. so far i have barely seen any visual gameplay difference between the original ash and ash prime. i was expecting an extra shuriken or some flares around ash prime before he teleports or uses smoke. now we have a difference in the design of the blades between the two.

DE, please!

And wow, now they've moved this topic to Art and Animation instead of General Discussion, making it so they don't have to look at it and it doesn't get as much awareness. Damn, DE. You're crooked AF.

We will lose this war if we give up soo easy . i see you as many other guys there are Ash fans , you want to see this win attention then don't give up keep trying im pretty sure we can make DE's hear us

I was actually considering bringing up another major point in a whole new thread, but this seems fine as well.

Anyone else feel like Blade Storm's animations are...lackluster? I've got quite a few hours on Ash himself, but I've always been somewhat underwhelmed by the animations for his teleporting/assassinations. It just looks too jerky and unpolished. I feel like his movements should be much more smooth/fluid. Like that teaser they did for WF some time back.

We will lose this war if we give up soo easy . i see you as many other guys there are Ash fans , you want to see this win attention then don't give up keep trying im pretty sure we can make DE's hear us

I feel we're probably too hostile and gripey to ever be heard, despite our valid points, and despite the fact DE needs to figure out how to STOP being so lazy with its content like this.

I was actually considering bringing up another major point in a whole new thread, but this seems fine as well.

Anyone else feel like Blade Storm's animations are...lackluster? I've got quite a few hours on Ash himself, but I've always been somewhat underwhelmed by the animations for his teleporting/assassinations. It just looks too jerky and unpolished. I feel like his movements should be much more smooth/fluid. Like that teaser they did for WF some time back.

what nags me the most is that most of the kill anims are completely off target, making the skill a visual mess.

But yeah, i completely agree with you.

While trying to put the Verlorum Prime sigil on Ash Primes back, I noticed that his spine piece(?) overlaps it, and any other sigil, making it really awkward to look at.

IQh6kN6.jpg

Would be rather nice to able to see the sigils we worked hard (or paid for) to get.

I dunno, it actually looks kinda cool like that :P

Anyway, I think Loki Prime has a similar issue with back armor covering up sigils. I Don't have Ash Prime myself but I'm pretty certain that those armor bits aren't "hardwired" into the frames' models so I suppose an option to remove back armor wouldn't hurt for those who prefer to see their sigils.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Please do not get mad if this has been reported for i did not check, when using blade storm at times it will not show a ash prime model but will show regualr ash models in a static position doing the bladestorm animation. that is all :D!

I mean, sigils are ugly so shouldn't you be happy? The only decent sigil in my opinion is the Rift sigil.

That is completely your opinion and doesn't exactly contribute to the topic at hand.

I dunno, it actually looks kinda cool like that :P

Anyway, I think Loki Prime has a similar issue with back armor covering up sigils. I Don't have Ash Prime myself but I'm pretty certain that those armor bits aren't "hardwired" into the frames' models so I suppose an option to remove back armor wouldn't hurt for those who prefer to see their sigils.

I mean, they did it with Chroma and his pelt on/off thing, right? I'm sure they could find some kind of fix around.

That is completely your opinion and doesn't exactly contribute to the topic at hand.

I mean, they did it with Chroma and his pelt on/off thing, right? I'm sure they could find some kind of fix around.

It does. I like it because it hides the silly Syndicate sigils you have to wear. Just wear your favourite sigil on the front.

Concerning the blades, aren't they supposed to be mounted on the bottom of his wrist instead of the top? In the codex, Ash Prime's hidden blades come from under is forearm and not the top, so the clipping may be the result of the blades being misplaced.

In the Codex for Ash Prime it is shown to be under and for Ash it is shown to be above. While in game and in the arsenal it is shows to be above his arm on both frames. I will add screenshots of this problem to the OP.

Hey, nice thread!

Was just wondering if you could show pictures of the stuff I mentioned in my "Ash Prime - Clipping Issues Galore" thread?

There are more issues, but my main issues with Ash Prime are:

* Frontal head dangles clipping with himself no matter what (which you have already showed, good job!)

* The ponytail and the leg "handles" (upper back part of the thigh guard) can easily clip with each other. On top of that, either/both of them also clip with Syandanas. Looks horrendous no matter what you do. Right now I use the Scorpion helmet to avoid this as much as possible (that at least rids the ponytail clipping problem for now). Which leads me to the next issue:

* Ash Prime is "damp" while regular Ash and his old helmets are all shinier. Equipping older helmets on Ash Prime thus looks ... not that great.

Thanks for pointing this out! I have made 3 videos to illustrate this issue. One without Syandanas showing the ponytail clipping with the outermost point of the gold trim on the leg armor and 2 videos showing full clipping with Syandanas. I am adding them to the OP now. Added under 'Mesh' section and credited you for finding the issue.

The last point is a universal problem with PBR and has been addressed by DE_Steve in this thread > https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/475798-please-change-pbr-to-allow-us-to-colour-things-black/

Edited by Sci_Ant