The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With The Current "afk" System Some Augments Need To Be Reworked.

(PSN)B0XMAN517

I'm going to try to keep this short and sweet. If we're going to be tagged as afk, under the current parameters, augments like smoke shadow and total eclipse need a little tweaking. I'm referring to the very limited range of 5 meters and the fact that you have to stay within that range to receive the effects. This simply does not go well with a system that penalizes players for being still for too long.

What I suggest is either increase the 5 meter range or keep the range how it is, but only require players to be in that range during casting (like roar).

Did a T3 Survivial today, on the hunt for Ash Prime Systems,
Myself and a clan mate along with 2 random guys I got from the recruiting tab went and did 40 minutes in there and luckily enough we got the Systems at 40, However one of the random guys I had recruited had been AFK since around minute 13 without any notice to the other 3 of us.

We extracted at 40 and he didn't get the systems due to AFK detection, it was beautiful.

AFK detection system should be removed and replaced with vote kick system/AFK report system.

This.

Let the players decide if they're okay with someone afking or not.

I don't mind a friend stepping away for a minute because his kid needs help, girlfriend is angry or bladder is going to explode.

After the 2 minutes, there should be a popup for all active players saying

"Player X is AFK. Kick / Punish / Pardon?"

This.

I don't mind a friend stepping away for a minute because his kid needs help, girlfriend is angry or bladder is going to explode.

It should not be a popup. It should be a label that pops up under their name on the player list.  It should only pop up is someone initiates a vote. You ignore it if you don't want to kick them. If you do you hit options → L3 → X on vote to kick (PS4 controls).

AFK detection system should be removed and replaced with vote kick system/AFK report system.

The afk systems main purpose is to stop afk macro farming. As much as I'd love to see it replaced with a vote kick system it does nothing to stop afk farming. Tinfoil hat theories aside, this is about how augments work within the current system not about how the system should be changed.

Still never been hit with AFK detection. Its literally never affected me. Maybe that says more about playstyle than the actual system? The mod needs a buff for sure because the range is so small no matter what you do with ti, but the fault does not lie with the AFK system lol

Sadly, some troll will use this as well to do some harm but, the abuse mostly happen pvp game and not pve, adding this system should do more good then harm I believe.

The afk systems main purpose is to stop afk macro farming. As much as I'd love to see it replaced with a vote kick system it does nothing to stop afk farming. Tinfoil hat theories aside, this is about how augments work within the current system not about how the system should be changed.

blarg...true =/

Edited by Ninjamander

Sadly, some troll will use this as well to do some harm but, the abuse mostly happen pvp game and not pve, adding this system should do more good then harm I believe.

Some trolls, yes. But we can add them into the blacklist and report to DE, right?

The current system is a troll itself. I was considered as afk several times (got no reward after mission completion) even though I wasn't afking - why do we even need a system that isn't working properly?

Not possible.  If you can only vote kick someone if they are marked as AFK, then you can avoid getting kicked by not getting marked as AFK. If you are playing as Frost on a Defense mission and keep dropping a bubble as often as needed, then people aren't going to vote kick you, even if you get marked as AFK. One troll isn't going to be able to get the votes needed to get rid of you. If they try, just move around to get rid of the AFK mark and leave at the next oppurtunity, or just stop dropping globes so they lose too.

I seriously don't understand people that keep saying it will be abused. Put some thought into kick system and trolling will be minimized.

ex someone is afk: 2min - he is in regular afk state. If after 5-10min the player is still in afk state then other players can start kick process. This is just an example, the actual numbers can be changed.

Edited by (PS4)iBoiz

The afk system never could be good enough because if you try to avoid afkers and leechers they will find solutions how to keep ruining others game.

The afk timer system halfly good because after a point detect who is afk but a troll can avoid with one step with any button then again 2 min nothing.

The vote kick system sounds better first attempt but it could be exploitable and I am sure some bad habit player or troll will use against peoples whom playing normally. As I seen the community the majority of peoples on public cannot say a simple hi because noone use the chat for typing or use microphone but often play silently. I am sure if the devs give a power against troll then the trolls will use against non trolls those powers then next time come the crying threads about trolls kicking players from match. 

Same with those trolls whom disconnect before finish the match and often causes host migration which mean good bye to your progress literally mean many work/time spent for nothing.

This game could be good only if not be too online dependant and friends playing together but the public is always means fear.

The reputation system also bad because how you guys can judge peoples about one time match? In match something can happen and everyone had bad/good days when everything worse or successful. Other hand the notorious trolls / multi users can ruin your games if you meet then so often. 

The only best way avoid these things to play solo there is noone better solution because alternatives also makes some exploits.

Edited by Sziklamester

This.

I like this, if someone is AFK then the active players should be able to see a pop up screen if they want to kick the AFK guy to avoid trolls.

There should be an option to report AFK players

Unfortunately, a vote system would not help.   Just because the other players in a match don't want to smack you down for AFK farming doesn't mean you shouldn't be smacked down.  More to the point, it encourages both organized group AFK farming and solo AFK farming.

We should not ignore AFK farming simply because the other players are willing to be accomplices.

Edited by Phatose