The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Objective Marker Is Huge Tiles

Meenmu

I like the huge tiles. Having the objective markers just on the doors can make it hard to navigate them though, so DE made it such that the markers guide you through the tiles in a very specific path. The problem with this though is that many of such tiles have lots of open space and verticality. I am a fan of finding new and nonstandard ways of getting around. It feels very ninja like to ignore the pathways and make my own way around. The problem here, though, is that the objective markers are now confusing again, since I have no idea which door they are trying to lead me to.

What I propose is that the normal objective markers point to the doors again, but that there be intermediate markers (maybe they are blue or some other color to distinguish them) in these tiles to help keep people from getting lost. What do you guys think? Any better solutions?

Edit: Oh jeez, typo in the title. Why can't I fix this? Should have been "in"

Edited by Meenmu

I like that idea. I too am a fan of finding my own way through the tiles. and they have done a GREAT job with the new outpost set. some of those tiles make me feel like im playing halo in 3rd person! i love it. 

i was thinking that there could be a faint dotted line on the mini map from the player to the door with the fastest/shortest rout. 

• 5 weeks later...

I am now even noticing this issue in the less huge new grineer artifact defense tile. Whenever someone drops a waypoint (sidebar: mods should totally be autowaypointed), even if it right in front of my face, it will try to "guide" me around all around the map to bring me to that point. If someone really needs a guide, it can be made into a different color and behave as the waypoints do now, but the waypoint itself should exist in space exactly where it is placed, especially in areas where there are much faster routes than the one it allows you to see.

This would also make the distance marker attached to the waypoint a lot more useful.

For example, in longer missions (non-defense) if someone a few rooms away drops a waypoint, you can immediately see where is space it is and a precise total distance. The guide marker (of a different color) will also appear at the doors, as they do now, to guide you to them.