Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TrinityPrime

Quick Thinking Energy Drops On Damage While Having Health+Shields Bug On Clients

Old QT client bug, still not fixed.  Last report appears to be lost in the forum archives.

Damage received while having some form of damage resist will lower energy reserve while still having health+shields.  I suspect the energy loss is based on the damage being greater than the health+shields without taking the damage resist into account, which leads to QT deducting a false amount of energy even though the correct amount of damage was removed from health+shields with damage resist.

Anything that refreshes the energy reserve will restore the reserve to its non-glitched state, ignoring the false damage. However, if the energy reserve is full, energy orbs and regain from energy syphon will not reset the energy reserve state to normal while the false damage from QT lowers the displayed reserve.  

The fake energy loss disables using abilities when energy falls below their cast threshold.  

Carrier will detect the energy reserve with fake value and attempt to pickup energy orbs leading to constant clicking sound.

Most easily reproducible using a Trinity, glaive (quick return, power throw) and or other self-damaging weapons. Join someone hosting a mission.  Fill energy reserve. Damage self by throwing glaive at feet, bless, damage self further using glaive or other higher damage weapons to observe glitch effect.

Confirmed.

Joined a pub Sechura and cast a 99% DR blessing with max energy (637).

After casting bless, I shot an ogris at my feet and it dropped me to 22 energy, while retaining bless. During this time I couldn't pick up any energy orbs, couldn't restore energy using large restores, and couldn't cast EV because I was at 22 energy.

After bless, casting any skill or throwing the glaive again returns all the energy back to full (637).

Basically a non-issue. If you're running a bless trin, you will not be using EV period, unless the situation is extremely dire and for some reason you're not carrying restores. Had this post not been made I would have never noticed this glitch.

Addendum: On laggy hosts, can get downed despite having 97-99% damage resist off blessing and full health, shields, and energy reserve for QT while taking damage that would normally barely scratch a few points off the shield.