Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spartans Vs Tenno

Jakcal

Doesn't Superman need sunlight to operate? Like, what was that, Flashpoint Paradox? They hid him in enclosed room underground, and he could barely walk when they found him.

One version of superman had been completely drained, but after touching one ray of sun light, procedes to murder everyone on the planet.

• 6 years later...
On 2015-07-18 at 4:09 AM, [DE]Grzegorz said:

Warframe isn't exactly full of sunlight :v

Dunno. Mirage always seem to find some, especially when she doesn't want it. 

My first thought was what does the Peloponnesian War have to do with Warframe? Is space-Thebes going to show up? Then the Spartan II thing clicked and, yeah, Halo. 

Umm, well warframes do have a bit in common with the Spartan program, but more after the fact, whereas the Spartans were to ensure dominance over the colonials. The Orokin Empire is a much more technologically advanced civilization than what humanity has in Halo. The Orokin are more comparable to what humanity had before they encountered the Forerunners. 

We'll keep it simple: the Orokin Empire would smoke the UNSC in Halo like a cheap cigar and largely because of the warframes. If you've played Halo: Reach, you've seen how Noble Team fares. Now, sub in a four man squad of tenno. Lets make it hurt: Trinity, Sayrn, Mesa, and...mmm...we'll go for broke, Octavia. You already know how this ends. 

We have a pretty good metric on how this fight would go. In terms of military technology, the Orokin are at least on par with the Forerunners, if not a good ways ahead, making them a tier 1 civilisation in this respect, if not tier 0.

Chief has gone toe-to-toe with a Forerunner equivalent to a Spartan - the Didact. A super soldier by any other name, really, just like Chief. And he wipes. the. floor with 117. It's not even a joke, it's not even a contest. In the comics the entirety of blue team goes up against the Didact, and again, they get their rears solidly handed to him. That's four Spartan-II's, all considered the top of their respective class (i.e. top of anything the UNSC has ever produced in terms of super soldiers).

In other words, Spartans, especially your 'average' Spartan, are practically playthings to tier 1/tier 0 super soldiers.

Tenno are tier 1/tier 0 super soldiers.

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

In terms of military technology, the Orokin are at least on par with the Forerunners, if not a good ways ahead, making them a tier 1 civilisation in this respect, if not tier 0.

I'd have to disagree with this, considering some of the stuff the Forerunners had access to in the books.

The Orokin still win handily against the UNSC though. Not sure how they'd match up against Forerunner-era Humanity.

Edited by Corvid

13 hours ago, Corvid said:

I'd have to disagree with this, considering some of the stuff the Forerunners had access to in the books.

The Orokin still win handily against the UNSC though. Not sure how they'd match up against Forerunner-era Humanity.

Yes and no. They aren't directly comparable because of radically different ways of dealing with interstellar space flight. 

However, as for as genetic engineering goes, the Orokin are probably on par with the Forerunners. 

The main difference seems to be scale. The Orokin had a very highly developed technology, but were a single system polity. They were just starting to expand into interstellar travel when things went south. The Forerunners were a galaxy spanning polity, but much of what they had was based on what remained of the Precursors once they were, umm, out of the picture. 

21 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

Yes and no. They aren't directly comparable because of radically different ways of dealing with interstellar space flight. 

However, as for as genetic engineering goes, the Orokin are probably on par with the Forerunners. 

The main difference seems to be scale. The Orokin had a very highly developed technology, but were a single system polity. They were just starting to expand into interstellar travel when things went south. The Forerunners were a galaxy spanning polity, but much of what they had was based on what remained of the Precursors once they were, umm, out of the picture. 

I'm just saying, only one of these factions had a weapon capable of picking up, flipping, and dropping entire continents.

30 minutes ago, Corvid said:

I'm just saying, only one of these factions had a weapon capable of picking up, flipping, and dropping entire continents.

Well, any space-faring civilization should be capable of dropping megaton nickel-iron asteroids on a planet. It's just not a big deal if you're capable of building megacontructs in space. 

The Forerunners were certainly capable of this and the Orokin presumably are--look at the moon--but it's the ability to build on this scale that sets them apart. The UNSC isn't really batting in the same league during the timeframe of the games. The original space-faring humans most definitely were. 

Edited by Sloan441
Editing fail

2 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

Well, any space-faring civilization should be capable of dropping megaton nickel-iron asteroids on a planet. It's just not a big deal if you're capable of building megacontructs in space. 

Not what I'm talking about. I mean negating gravity on a large scale, ripping up and manipulating massive chunks of planetary crust, in the time-span of a fleet engagement.

On 2021-07-30 at 6:24 PM, Loza03 said:

We have a pretty good metric on how this fight would go. In terms of military technology, the Orokin are at least on par with the Forerunners, if not a good ways ahead, making them a tier 1 civilisation in this respect, if not tier 0.

Chief has gone toe-to-toe with a Forerunner equivalent to a Spartan - the Didact. A super soldier by any other name, really, just like Chief. And he wipes. the. floor with 117. It's not even a joke, it's not even a contest. In the comics the entirety of blue team goes up against the Didact, and again, they get their rears solidly handed to him. That's four Spartan-II's, all considered the top of their respective class (i.e. top of anything the UNSC has ever produced in terms of super soldiers).

In other words, Spartans, especially your 'average' Spartan, are practically playthings to tier 1/tier 0 super soldiers.

Tenno are tier 1/tier 0 super soldiers.

Cataclysm.

Timestop.

How many pieces would you like your Spartan in today?

19 hours ago, Corvid said:

Not what I'm talking about. I mean negating gravity on a large scale, ripping up and manipulating massive chunks of planetary crust, in the time-span of a fleet engagement.

Yeah, honestly... I think if the Orokin don't have that, it's only because of the fact they have fewer planets to mess around with, not that they're technologically incapable of it.

Bear in mind, this is a civilisation that figured out how to give every planet in the solar system, including Jupiter and Ceres, Earth-like Gravity. They're clearly capable of large-scale gravity manipulation. It's as likely as anything else that the only reason they didn't weaponise it whilst the Forerunners did was because they had difficulties leaving systems and thus would still have to live on the planets they ripped apart.

16 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Yeah, honestly... I think if the Orokin don't have that, it's only because of the fact they have fewer planets to mess around with, not that they're technologically incapable of it.

Bear in mind, this is a civilisation that figured out how to give every planet in the solar system, including Jupiter and Ceres, Earth-like Gravity. They're clearly capable of large-scale gravity manipulation. It's as likely as anything else that the only reason they didn't weaponise it whilst the Forerunners did was because they had difficulties leaving systems and thus would still have to live on the planets they ripped apart.

Generally it's not a good idea to rely on speculation and assumptions when considering matchups.