Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 8: Rise Of The Warlords

[DE]Rebecca

I cant see it here so I'll guess its a bug....after the patch when I use my Volts Shield I cant damage thru it anymore. Not even on ancients and thats like a big nerf because this was the only usefull spell of his against Ancients

If you had read my post you would have read that I went there. Part of the reason I posted.

Unless Rebecca posted some additional info later in the thread, I don't know what you are referring to.

+edit+

Just went over it again. Sill no "official" answer to my questions there as far as i can tell. So what were you trying to say?

Okay I'll break it down then:

DE, could you do me a favour and explain a little more about this update?

> Rebecca gave an overview on the forum post I linked. Nearly all the following answers to your questions are either in that post by Rebecca, in that discussion, or this topic.

Do crafting costs scale with the number of members in your clan? Are those weapons exclusive to people in a clan? Because that's a lot of content tied to that condition.

> I answered that question on the basis of the long discussion in the forum post I linked.

What exactly are those Orokin Locations and why would I want to pay to go there? If you want to sell me something, at least tell me why I would want to buy it.

> Per the images and their descriptions in the forum post I linked, you would want to go to the Orokin locations for many reasons. For example:

1. They are new and pretty. Go explore them.

2. You don't HAVE to pay to get there, they are dropped in missions OR you can fast track and pay platinum (which is the same concept of platinum throughout the game: i.e. rushing crafting, getting the item w/o building, vanity, etc.)

3. They give you the chance of forma drops, which is a new and important resource for both Dojos and polarization.

Edit:

Regarding the material costs:

> Those are the material costs that made it in to the game.

Regarding how long it will take:

> People wanted more end game stuff. DE made this "end game" even though ANY MMORPG doesn't really have a true "end game."

Regarding Forma:

> You can acquire this many ways:

1. Platinum

2. Login Rewards (level 3)

3. Random Alert Missions

4. Void Mission Rewards

Regarding clans:

> Since it is competently free to make your own clan you are not forced to a join massive one, unless you really are impatient.

Regarding weapons and gear:

> Okay so yes there are 20 new weapons and gear, but lets look at how many are only available through research. Per the notes, "...Clan Research brings 9 exciting new player weapons to Warframe, but you need to build your research facilities to discover them!"

> 5 are rare weapons in special drops (What Stalker?)

> The rest are already on the market such as the three new Grineer weapons added to the Market including the Machete, Dual Cleavers, and the lethal Vulkar sniper rifle as well as a single-handed Ether Sword, and Dual Broncos for sale. In addition to this, the Deathcube sentinel is one of the new items on the market.

Edited by Drathek

Okay I'll break it down then:

DE, could you do me a favour and explain a little more about this update?

> Rebecca gave an overview on the forum post I linked.

Do crafting costs scale with the number of members in your clan? Are those weapons exclusive to people in a clan? Because that's a lot of content tied to that condition.

> I answered that question on the basis of the long discussion in the forum post I linked.

What exactly are those Orokin Locations and why would I want to pay to go there? If you want to sell me something, at least tell me why I would want to buy it.

> Per the images and their descriptions in the forum post I linked, you would want to go to the Orokin locations for many reasons. For example:

1. They are new and pretty. Go explore them.

2. You don't HAVE to pay to get there, they are dropped in missions OR you can fast track and pay platinum (which is the same concept of platinum throughout the game: i.e. rushing crafting, getting the item w/o building, vanity, etc.)

3. They give you the chance of forma drops, which is a new and important resource for both Dojos and polarization.

You just answered tons of people who don't read or instantly go struck dumb with madness when they see the word "pay". Thank you.

I am a fresh Rhino, but I have to agree.

I've been playing 1 to around 20 levels today with my buddies and at first, Iron Skin was very much fun to use, being the "go" time and unlike other warframes, where I had to hide to re-prepare for combat, here I could continue to draw attention while regenerating shields.

Later on, when enemies began getting to levels 20-30 IS became barely second pair of shields that costs 50 of Rhino's very limited energy. Given that if I want to use Flow mod I likely need to polarise proper slot for it and that at most (with Focus) IS will block 1040 (max flow was 30%?) damage. True, that is whole lot more than any other frame can take, unless we are talking Frost behind barrier or Trinity, but it makes at best "cover" for Rhino to go in and drop his other abilities uninterrupted later on.

I guess it's hard to actually get hero like Rhino right. This is "Techno Space Ninjas" game and ninjas don't eat knuckle-sandwiches and bullets, they dodge around them, strike and roll back. Rhino is like that comedic "muscle-mountain ninja" or Warframe's Sumo , at least as an idea.

You make a lot of good points but I personally think it boils down to this: Either the power/duration/whatever mods need to have a good, confirmed, effect on that ability now (affecting the damage cap), or DE just needs to make Rhino's original iron skin an ultimate and call it a day.

So, has any real meaningful GAMEPLAY been added to the game in this patch, or is Warframe still a game of grind for grind's sake and nothing more?

May or may not reinstall.

Are you kidding? Read the patch notes.