The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

バニティノカルテ

Moujine

I saw trailers and stories about it when it was in beta about a game where you could be cool space ninjas with fancy space guns and fancy space swords and fight fancy bad guys in fancy space.

I then started thinking, "HHHHmmmmmmmmm.  I like Space.  I like Sci Fi.  I like Space Sci Fi like Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5, and other shows, movies, and video games set in space.    I also like ninjas.  Ninjas are cool.  They're quick and stealthy and doesn't afraid of anything.  Now they took the ninjas and put them in space.  So now the ninjas are in space and instead of their normal medieval ninja gear and weapons, they have fancy new ninja gear and weapons."

"Now, since I like ninjas, and since I like space ergo via the scientific method, I believe that it would be a correct hypothesis to state that I would like a game where you get to play as cool space ninjas with cool space gear, and cool space weapons fighting cool space bad guys."

It was a long thought process and many tests were involved but the end result was me downloading the game and then buying the Grandmaster Founder's Package.

I started playing back in 2013, towards the start of Operation Arid Fear, which if memory serves was on the tail end of U9 only a month or so before U10.

Had a friend who had played it, he recommended it to a small group of us. Of those 4 starters, I am the only one who still actively plays (or at least we have little to no communication if they do), but I've spent a. Opulent thousand hours and a couple hundred bucks on here and managed to drag a dozen or so friends on here. No regrets have been spent on this.

I first saw screenshots of Warframe on another site I frequent, no idea what the name of it was then since it was only a screenshot of the game, but compared it's AA with another game and asking about how to achieve a similar result. Sometime later I watched a video featuring the old conclave with the name Warframe conveniently not placed into the title or the description of the video either.

Then I saw it being advertised on Steam around February '14 and here I am.

Edited by SurrealEdge

Like 10 or 15 years ago, I dunno, there was an issue of Game Informer featuring Dark Sector before Dark Sector was Dark Sector... As in the OG Dark Sector A.K.A. the spiritual prequel to Warframe, rather than the World War 2 themed Dark Sector we got.

I thought to myself "Dope, looks like Ninja from Metal Gear Solid in space!" and that's about it, and time went on, Dark Sector came out and it was cool and all but not what I was hoping for. Fast forward like 5-7 more years and I see this video clip on IGN or Gamespot or something about Warframe and I was all like "WTF?!? Is that OG Dark Sector?!?". Soon after the game went into closed Beta and there was like a founder beta pack thing for like $20 bucks you get to play Beta immediately so I bought it and that was like 2+ years ago *shrug* basically... Dope game is dope.

I was playing a S#&$ty flash mmo back then and was *@##$ing to a guildmate about the "unfair" (I was naive at the time) treatment of f2players there so he recommended me to play WF. And so I enjoyed it all the way from few days after Fusion Moa event to U14.

Friend of mine and myself are always on the lookout for good coop games. And we like shooters.

So we gave it a try a couple of weeks ago.

I played a lot (srsly) of Quake and Quake3. And the Warframe Engine is marvelous.

No input lag at all, constant and VERY responsive look & feel. It's very enjoyable to

see/feel the engine beeing shooter-worthy. Was hooked from minute 1.

And the game is rather nice, too :)

My friends on steam said I should play it. 2 years later I'm still playing but they abandoned it because of the excessive grind and the lack of content.

Same here, except I only started in January 2015. My friends also left but I'm still playing! 7 months and already 600hours into the game, I guess that's not too bad :D

Hey, first post on the forums!

Same here, except I only started in January 2015. My friends also left but I'm still playing! 7 months and already 600hours into the game, I guess that's not too bad :D

Hey, first post on the forums!

Nice, welcome to the forums :)

This is basically how I got into the game.

Wanted a reason to get a Xbox ONE since there was not a Killer App for me yet. Was looking at the Marketplace on 360 and saw the Warframe sitting there. Went and watched the vids on YouTube and thought this is what I have been waiting for.

Went to see if my PC had enough power to play the game and when got a NO!...decided to wait til the Xbox ONE dropped to $250 to get this game and the system. Two days later, I got contacted that a delivery had the wrong address and that they needed the right one. Next day, I opened the delivery to a Xbox ONE that I had won in the Doritos/Mt Dew Auctions!!!!!!

First game I downloaded and played? Yeah.....Sept 2013 was the best. Been attempting to get the friends I have that are amped on Destiny in on this but they like what they like.

Cheers

My boyfriend and I are avid gamers but our tastes in games varied so we tried to find a game that we both could play cooperatively and have fun. I noticed that he played warframe religiously so I tried it one day and it went terribly and I hated it xD

I eventually got really into it once I figured out how parkour worked and them ether swords man were so cool that I continued to play everyday all day :) My bf doesn't play it as much anymore which makes me look like a very sad, very obsessed person haha. No regrets~

Saw that epic colorful trailer with parkour, shooting, melee and sparks and noticed it was all recorded in the game's engine and fell love in it (sparks).

I believed I would love to cast and see my and others' colorful sparks. And I do.

Now the game's bigger and better, 10/10 particle effects, thank you for appearing in a random trailer I've encountered.

I believe I was playing Diablo 3 at the time (I still do, sometimes). I was running through the main quest campaign when a friend of mine called me up and asked if I wanted to try out some game that was still in its open beta stage. I figured, why not? He shows me Warframe, I watched a trailer about it and decided to download it. I even have the email, sent to me by DE, asking if I wanted to buy the founders' package. I keep it as a reminder of one of the biggest regrets of my time as a gamer.

I thought I'd put Warframe down after a couple of months, max, so I didn't bother with the founders' package investment. Two odd years later, I'm still playing this game. My friends have since moved on from one game to another. I play with them every so often, but Warframe remains is the game that I have alarms for on my cell phone. I even have an alarm telling me, every other friday, to go to the wiki to find out which relay Baro Ki'Troll is visiting, so I can check out his wares, along with watching the dev streams. I don't really have this kind of commitment to any other game, even the ones I've enjoyed in the past.

For all the bugs and trolls in game, I still enjoy being that one-man army against hordes and hordes of enemies. It's like playing a Dynasty Warriors game, little ole' me versus the enemy faction.

Me and my friend - previously been playing lots of Borderlands and Mass Effect 3 - were looking for a new coop game to pass time in. I remembered about Warframe from TotalBuscuit's video covering the closed beta, looked cool so we gave it a try. Was Update 9.8 back then.