Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prisma Grakata Sound [Merged]

jollter

The Prisma Grakata will be getting the "Prisma" sound treatment soon.

I must now assume by that you meant "accidentally assigning it a totally inappropriate sound then quickly realizing the mistake and fixing it the next day."

Sorry man, it sounds terrible now.

Yep trashed the weapon for me, wasted 5 forma on that thing.............................

I kind of feel the same way.   I'll certainly finish leveling that last forma today but it is surprisingly unpleasant to use with that wimpy pew pew ftftftftftft noise it makes now. 

What aggravates me the most is that if DE wants prisma weapons to have a unique sound, have it ready at weapon release, don't freakin change it a a month and a half later. 

And yes I do not like the new sound at all.

Edited by weezedog

The new FX sounds like it comes from a posh little Corpus gun.

When I fire a grakata, I expect a heavy, guttural sounding Grineer weapon. If it makes a little prissy noise like that, it just lacks the impact of the grakata and makes it feel like it has little to no impact at all, and considering the recoil of the weapon, I say at least let us have a strong sound.

Im sorry but it just does

the normal grakata sounds like an angry hornet
this one sounds like a mosquito

Im ok with giving prisma weapons bit different sounds but this one is just way off how the weapon should sound
why not use the original grakata sounds but give it some sort of effect?

anyone else feel this way?
this was one of my favorite weapons until they changed the sounds
now if it stays like this I might not dust this off nearly as often

The new sound is totally inappropriate for the weapon and it lacks any kind of guts.  Put me down for multiple votes of "It sucks big time".  Not sure we needed another thread on how much it sucks though.

Maybe these could be combined into one megathread dedicated to how freaking terrible the new Prisma Grakata sound is.

[EDIT] Nice Merge!

Edited by Don_T_Shoot
removed threads due to merge

While I like the idea of giving Prisma weapons and other 'special' weapons its own sound, this one is just... No. 

I mean come on. Latron W sounds sexy as hell. Prisma Gorgon and Soma P was... Somewhat tolerable. This one though... It suits the Dera Vandal more than Prisma Grakata. It sounds too laser-like. 

As I said in another thread, the new FX sounds like it comes from a posh little Corpus gun. When I fire a grakata, I expect a heavy, guttural sounding Grineer weapon. If it makes a little prissy noise like that, it just lacks the impact of the grakata and makes it feel like it has little to no impact at all, and considering the recoil of the weapon, I say at least let us have a strong sound if you're going to make it bounce around that much.